Truth Time

OGILL

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
So many people have been wondering what happened to wet, what is this new dry tribe and why have you just handed OBEY the world win. Well as I have now quit world 96 I would like to express my opinions on this issue. At the same time whilst everything is fresh in my memory I want to give my story on this world and my views as to what was going on at the time

Spykers Escape

I joined this world from a friend playing in escape in around mid November on the G-Rex account. Escape at the time were a friendly group of people who wanted to give Obey a good fight, even from that early on. Although trex and jake were full of drama they were always key to the tribe. Spyker was not the most experienced but I think its fair to say everyone respected the guy. When the war started in early December I honestly thought obey would stomp over the coalition. Especially with Vape on their side. Maybe it was poor ops from Obey or a good defence from Escape throughout December we did well to hold off obey. Trex throughout this was always pivotal although he was not popular to say the least. Spyker quitting would almost break apart the tribe.

Trex’s Escape

Although Trex was seen as a positive influence in this world for the coalition and he undoubtedly was brilliant, he did almost destroy escape numerous times. As soon as spiker quit trex launched a takeover seeing as he was the most qualified. Although he was the best at his job, I still think feeding Incoming impact and Xmachinez so much so quickly was a mistake. Turtle bear and a few other accounts threatened to quit is Trex didn’t stop is campaign for 100% efficiency and the giving of internals to friends. After the near break up as everyone threatened to hit delete a deal was reached where I magically found myself on the council. Apart from the entire Trex/Jake debacle which isn’t much of my business, I enjoyed my January under trex. Ops did well and apart from one time where Grantarino caught my co with his pants down, I thought we were doing well and I was kept busy from numerous sits and other things to do. By the way, fair play to the players on Grant. They were ruthless in their pursuits and kept me up consistently to defend from small nifty attacks. For reasons I won’t go in to I had to quit in late January/early February. Grant once again showed great skills to take advantage and I believe he almost eliminated my entire fl. I had told the remainder of the council to internal my frontline after I quit and I guess the failure to do so was one of a series of mistakes from leadership. That saying. There is no doubt trex Kept us alive. He kept me going throughout ops and his brilliant leadership improved our performance in the war. I think Escapes reliance on trex was our downfall.

The WET merge

I return from my hiatus to join the Howzer account in late febuary. The merge was just about to get under way and to be honest, I was very confident that we were going to win the world. Although trex had taken a back seat, the WET leadership had done well. Now looking at it I can see there were danger signs. Turtle bear had quit whom had held their frontline very well, dylbo and mch two core members of escape had also quit. The only 3 remaining people from escapes council were myself, chaty and catbugg and escapes core had dwindled massively. The red cup op was a great show of strength from both sides and although we didn’t gain a lot, it made me more confident that we could break obey with continued pressure. Hats off to red cup for that op defence. It was very impressive. However, after that merge, things got worse.

The downfall

I think the place to start with the downfall of wet has to start with babin and trex quitting. These two were the dictators of the coalition and when they both left within a week we ended up in chaos. Just think of us like what happened to Libya. I cant blame the council that remained for inaction. Mert clearly meant well and loved the tribe, as did lee but they just didn’t have it in them to lead. It became telling during the Obey op. It was a good op from Obey so hats off to them but it wouldn’t have been successful if we had trex. You had players like Eoin up for two days straight defending and the only people to sit him were myself, chaty and mert. Bear in mind that myself and chaty were already being opped. People were lazy and the backline would rather nuke WD than hit obey. However, I look back now and I do see a more systemic problem. In escape we had a core group of active players who were always the ones to sit and defend against every op. This worked with trex as a dictator to force those who weren’t part of the core group to join in a bit. When he left everyone got away with laziness. When Howzer fell ill with food poisoning on his shift no one volunteered to take a sit. During the 5 hours we were off we lost 10 villages and so many troops were hit at home. All it took was one person to sit but no one was interested.

Anyway, with a complete lack of leadership, despite everyone having good intentions, things were getting desperate. Incoming Impact was promoted to the council and the next day was made duke. Rightly or wrongly, I believe wrongly, a group of Indonesians who made up the original players in wet refused to let sam as duke and kicked him. With a bit of talk and arguing and blah balh blah, the original wet council left wet to join dry with most of the wet players. Hence we have the situation we have today.

Conclusions

I do want to say that I don’t blame sam at all for what happened. I can see why people don’t like him but in my experience he was active and he genuinely wanted the best for the tribe. Hate on him as you will but this was not his fault. The people who I want to thank on this world is long. Trex for bringing the tribe back from the brink, chaty for being chaty, mozza for being a brick wall, my main man howzer who was a massive pleasure to play with, core escape players who were always there and also the core wet players whom I started to get to know. I am done with this world though. Also a little thanks to murph who gave me some great advice as and when I needed it. I am devastated by the speed at which wet fell and feel betrayed by those players who brought this tribe down, mainly pinky benk.

Well done Obey, I can’t see any way back from the coalition without a miracle. You definitely outplayed me for the most part and have done really well to bounce back from your internal troubles.

Flame all you want. I’m out

- Gill

DeletedUser66411

Nice read. I don't agree with all your points but you have some nice insight on the history of Escape/Wet that I am sure lots were unaware of. I still hope Dry! can stabilize themselves enough to put up a decent end game war. Whether it was a coincidence or not the fact that WET essentially disbanded after the first real Obey op says quite a bit about the differences between the two tribes. Any half decent tribe can launch some offensives, it's how you unify as a tribe and defend and counter that seperates the world winners from the losers. Hope there is lots more fun to come.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
fascinating even Wet tribesmates are blaming themselves for their pathetic performance.

Maybe you forget to factor one thing... Our tribe members and leadership are superior than yours.

Superior at making tofu...

DeletedUser114962

Knew this world would end before summer ;) and yes knowing TreX and Jake really well, the moment it was over for them was the moment it was over for the coalition.

Jake and TreX get on squad fortnite. We gonna get that W

stoneslinga

Its not a win yet, I will give credit where it is due however, OBEY has been organised and dedicated this entire world. They put a plan in place before start up and they have put themselves in a good position to take the win. I'm not sure how many moles they have but I am certain of one, evidence is lacking tho so good job on that to.

blckdrgn1

Jake and Trex, these guys are amazing players. The way they defend is almost impenetrable and they are a huge asset to any tribe. These two quitting was definitely a huge blow to the wet/escape coalition especially if others werent willing to step up to help with sits in their absence.

You guys in wet/dry have been playing for 7 months building your sand castles. If you arent willing to help your tribe mates with sits, support, offense, you dont deserve to win. Grow a pair and fight us or just hit delete.

DeletedUser119362

Nice read, what is true and false from it I cannot tell as I was not really around at the time when the mergers were going on, but I will take out only one part of your story, even if it seems a bit out of context, I have no intentions to flame or anything similar, just want to point out your biggest issue, and that is:

This worked with trex as a dictator to force those who weren’t part of the core group to join in a bit.

How can you expect a win with this kind of attitude from the leadership? Of course many will lose will to play when they are handled like dogs (I can only imagine, luckily I was never playing under dictators, so correct me if I'm wrong), on the other hand, a dictator needs to really dedicate all his time to be able to control all these people with micromanagement...(and I have posted something similar in a previous thread, and trex said he would have the nerves and patience to do it...well I guess I was wrong when I assumed he was right).

This whole game is based on teamwork, and the will to keep doing whatever you can for the tribe. All tribes will keep losing and gaining new players, but the one who can hold onto the most players will win in the end. That is the only real goal which a leadership should have...but once the leadership falls apart with drama, it will drag the whole system down.

Anyways, good fight, and I hope it will continue, but I just had such a feeling when the world started, as the two sides were very similar to those on W90... honestly there was a point when I questioned OBEY's possibility to win it out (I remember when the whole map around us was completely red lol), yet here we are, when the enemy tribes are declaring onto each other.

Good luck to all 'till the end though!

blckdrgn1

Ive played under dictators and it works fine. It just means that people who break rules or slack are punished consistently. On w81 I was duke of LRO and the whole tribe just had the same mentality that slackers would be removed and their villages would be given to people who would put them to use. That motivated everyone to work hard so that they didnt look like slackers. I didnt have to micromanage anyone.

I think what happened in WET/Dry/Escape is people just got comfortable thinking "Oh trex/jake will handle anything and win the world for us so we dont need to step up" Now they dont have big daddy trex/jake to save them.

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Is the dictatorship Leadership means only 1 player decides for everything?

or does he have someone giving him advice?

can someone clarify this for me please.....please

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
Is the dictatorship Leadership means only 1 player decides for everything?

or does he have someone giving him advice?

can someone clarify this for me please.....please

I'd love to explain things to you. I'm afraid I don't have the time though.
The coalition's fears at the start of the world were proven valid later on. Obey will very likely win now, grats to them!

ampac

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'd love to explain things to you. I'm afraid I don't have the time though.
The coalition's fears at the start of the world were proven valid later on. Obey will very likely win now, grats to them!
Is the killing blow already executed?

Haven't seen any killing blows so far all I see are reorganization and shifts of power.

Deleted User - 10618707

I would take dictatorship to mean one person or a core group of people generally make decisions, without necessarily getting consent of members. Generally works given members are happy and are succeeding, although the moment success ceases, discontent creeps in.

OGILL

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Whether it was a coincidence or not the fact that WET essentially disbanded after the first real Obey op says quite a bit about the differences between the two tribes. .

Its not a coincidence really. You caught us at the wrong time with a decent op. The two dictators in the tribe had just quit and no one had stepped up. The amount of people that actively helped defend in the op can be counted with my fingers. I have no doubt if babin or trex were there the story would have been different but they weren't and the op was semi successful. Even with the op that is not what caused the problems. The problems were the leadership issues. Its not a coincidence its just a case of decent op at the complete wrong time.

How can you expect a win with this kind of attitude from the leadership? Of course many will lose will to play when they are handled like dogs (I can only imagine, luckily I was never playing under dictators, so correct me if I'm wrong), on the other hand, a dictator needs to really dedicate all his time to be able to control all these people with micromanagement...(and I have posted something similar in a previous thread, and trex said he would have the nerves and patience to do it...well I guess I was wrong when I assumed he was right).

I wouldn't say trex handled members who didn't participate like dogs, he just made decisions and then went to speak with the council. I think the clearest example of this was the situation with internals where Trex made a list to divide the player being internal, sent it out to the relevant members and then gave the list to the council. This caused friction but at least it got the job done. Players that didn't participate were told to change or quit. I would say there were too many people that ended up sending nukes for the op and doing the bare minimum to get past trex but when it came to defence it was very few who actively participated in sitting and sniping because trex wasn't as rigorous in making the backline defend as long as they stacked. To be honest I would say in escape, half the accounts were willing to give everything and half sat back and sent nukes when needed. But again it was fine because we had trex. In the end too many of the accounts that cared in escape had quit including trex, leaving immense strain on players like myself, mozza, chaty, sam,etc. For me the backline players in wet were slightly more lazy than the backline players in escape which says a lot.

I would take dictatorship to mean one person or a core group of people generally make decisions, without necessarily getting consent of members. Generally works given members are happy and are succeeding, although the moment success ceases, discontent creeps in.

In terms of trex as leader (I can't speak for babin) discontent was never to do with his performance in the war. He was a massive success on that front. Discontent was the way he handled internal affairs and thus we had to delegate those roles to others because it just didn't match trex's skill set.

Deleted User - 10618707

Nah what i meant was that dictatorships work when you're winning haha.

DeletedUser121444

What's even more surprising is you showing your face here again :)

DeletedUser

Mintyfresh is ultimately just like an appendix, apparently serves little to no purpose except for when it decides to flare up and be irritating, in which case you want it removed.

DeletedUser121868

Mintyfresh is ultimately just like an appendix, apparently serves little to no purpose except for when it decides to flare up and be irritating, in which case you want it removed.

What are you just like a colon? Must be with all the mean sh!t ur splerting here! :D

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score