TSB: New name, same game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Our little skirmish with SL has caused some members of that tribe to flee to TSB. Refugees? I would consider the following to be:
johnarlene Left 31st December 2010 - 11:07 940,294
nothing nobled off of him yet by us, but his deal was to launch as many nukes on us as he had and when he failed miserably and we started catting/attacking him he stuck his tail between his legs and ran.
alfieisa Left 31st December 2010 - 08:08 476,379
http://www.twstats.com/en46/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=lose&id=7780319
JBII86 Left 31st December 2010 - 04:07 1,267,697
http://www.twstats.com/en46/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=lose&id=2605757

When TSB was confronted with this here was their reply:

We are aware that recruiting from SL means that we will inherit their conflict with SnM. We are ok with this.

If you want to discuss the issue more, please contact my co-duke margarine. I will forward this mail to him as well.

/Szi

I interpret this as "too bad, so sad but they will remain with us"

So some things never change I suppose, once a sheep always a sheep. Sorry TSB, never had anything against you till now.

Obstacles.jpg

DeletedUser

Our little skirmish with SL has caused some members of that tribe to flee to TSB. Refugees? I would consider the following to be:
johnarlene Left 31st December 2010 - 11:07 940,294
nothing nobled off of him yet by us, but his deal was to launch as many nukes on us as he had and when he failed miserably and we started catting/attacking him he stuck his tail between his legs and ran.
alfieisa Left 31st December 2010 - 08:08 476,379
http://www.twstats.com/en46/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=lose&id=7780319
JBII86 Left 31st December 2010 - 04:07 1,267,697
http://www.twstats.com/en46/index.php?page=player&mode=conquers&type=lose&id=2605757

When TSB was confronted with this here was their reply:

We are aware that recruiting from SL means that we will inherit their conflict with SnM. We are ok with this.

If you want to discuss the issue more, please contact my co-duke margarine. I will forward this mail to him as well.

/Szi

So some things never change I suppose, once a sheep always a sheep. Sorry TSB, never had anything against you till now.

Aaah fresh meat in the South-East it seems, nom nom! It's a shame I'm not there to enjoy the food :-(

DeletedUser

Good luck Snm .... :)
And if you give us some beers, we will considerate eating some TSB members =). I like margarine with bread :)

DeletedUser

It seems YnX is unable to grasp the thread so I will help him out. This is not a declaration on TSB, only a notice that TSB is harboring refugees that we intend to deal with. So as YnX put it nom nom nom :lol:

DeletedUser

Good luck Snm .... :)
And if you give us some beers, we will considerate eating some TSB members =). I like margarine with bread :)

Marg is way tastier when you put some butter over him and just lick it off, as it will melt within a second! =D Trust me, I know.

It seems YnX is unable to grasp the thread so I will help him out. This is not a declaration on TSB, only a notice that TSB is harboring refugees that we intend to deal with. So as YnX put it nom nom nom :lol:

I don't mean to flame, I just like to have some fun on the forums. Though I need to correct you in this. First of all, thanks for clarifying this so difficult and intellectual thread, I wouldn't be able to understand it if it weren't for your explanation.

Anyway, I apparently was thinking a step ahead of you. I will walk through them with you, hand in hand. Step 1: In the first post you explain to me and all others that you dislike TSB as we are 'harbouring refugees'. Step 2: A logical consequence of not liking a tribe in this game means attacking them. Step 3: And a logical consequence for SnM of attacking TSB means getting eaten. That's why I said nom nom. So as you still are at Step 2, intending to 'eat' the 'refugees', I was thinking in the lines of Step 3, eating SnM. So thanks for correcting me and telling me to think slower so the rest of SnM can understand and read along. I might just move down south so I can enjoy the feast and besides margarine, put some butter on SnM too and see how it tastes =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wasn't aware of your high council status in TSB and that you spoke for all of TSB. :icon_rolleyes: After reading your comments it appears you wish to war with SnM.:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

I wasn't aware of your high council status in TSB and that you spoke for all of TSB. :icon_rolleyes: After reading your comments it appears you wish to war with SnM.:icon_eek:

I'm guessing you are not the best in interpreting obvious messages. In the first post you quoted Szirius:

/Szi

We are ok with inheriting the conflict with SnM. What does this tell you? I think this tells most people that TSB is ok with inheriting the conflict with SnM, as it can not mean anything else in this context. Does that tell you anything? By the way it might save us some effort if you could already put butter on yourselves! =D

Also, I never claimed to be speaking for the whole TSB. The fact that I am in the council does not mean everything I say is an official statement of TSB. For official statements from TSB you need to be with our dukes margarine or Szirius.

DeletedUser

Here at SnM we use butter all the time :) All I can say is grin and bear it :lol:

DeletedUser

[spoil]Side 1:
Tribes: SL
Side 2:
Tribes: SnM

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 67
Side 2: 45
Difference: 22

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 597,186
Side 2: 401,119
Difference: 196,067

chart

[/spoil]

SnM, even though a larger tribe, has been losing to SL for quite a bit. There is no reason to suppose that TSB should lose to SnM.
Even 3DX was winning a war against SnM while losing on their other two fronts.

Good luck :) You will definitely need it

DeletedUser

It is true we are behind in the stats. They have focused on two inactive members and gone to town. If you look at our conquers you will see they are against active members. So the stats do not tell the whole story. They have failed in every single supposed OP on us. Where as we have have had moderate to good success. That is why they are running to TSB now...low troops anyone?

DeletedUser

!!_YnX, if the coin was the other way around, and skill? or TSL was to recruit refugees that were fleeing from your tribe, may i ask, what your rection to it be? I have no doubt that the reaction would be the same as LarryIV's was, but to request them to be dismissed from Skilled? or TSL..... as i do not believe it would be in the best interests of TSB to war with either of them....

Am i right in submissing this, or would you not care and simply openly declare war on a larger tribe without hesitation?

I do not support refugees, i never have, and never will. Any refugee should be dealt with in the same way as they were when i was at SnM, which was for them to be dismissed upon evidence of them being a refugee. If not, i deem that you would be a refugee supporter which is frowned upon by many a player, and more so, by most, if not all tribes.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how you go about things in SnM but I like to check the stats and the map before I recruit people, which means I know the consequences recruitments. We did not recruit people from SL by accident. And if we were concerned about your opinion on the matter, we obviously would have asked you first.

Maybe you would have disliked us earlier, and maybe you would not have been so surprised about these recruitments had you known that TSB and SL were allied since TSB was formed. I do not consider it "recruiting refugees" to recruit from an allied tribe that is currently leading the stats in an ongoing war. Furthermore, they aren't "running" anywhere. I'm the one who suggested that they join us and after several discussions they accepted our invitation.

That you can't keep up with your inactives... well, that's not really our problem. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Furthermore, they aren't "running" anywhere. I'm the one who suggested that they join us and after several discussions they accepted our invitation.

Just out of curiousity, is that to say that SL, is merging into TSB?

Kidicarus1

Sure if we were losing the war and we ran to TSB I would consider myself a refugee, although that is not the case.

Taking inactives? You guys do that to yourselves after we make them go inactive, we ran an op on Karuott and succeeded GREATLY, he quit so we have been attacking his active sitter since. I call it finishing an op.

Mihaiu, come on man, we launched 50 nukes and traded a couple vills, he quits and you guys noble all his vills. You guys have a distorted view of things.

DeletedUser

Ok yes, the stats say your winning...... however kidi, we havent put our full strength forward yet. yes, yourve run ops on a couple of our weaker players and they quit, im sure if we ran a full scale op against elwing the white, or a couple of your weaker players we'd get them to quit too....

The point of this thread was to show that players from SL, have left the tribe whilst it was in a skirmish - not a war - and gone to another tribe, namely TSB, who have shown that they know they are harbouring refugees, yet will not yield them.

Now my understanding of a refugee is a player, in a tribe or no, is attacked successfully mulitple times regardless of the war/skirmish progress, and then if that player is in a tribe, they then leave that tribe, and join - weather by request, or open invitation joins another tribe. If they are not in a tribe, they then join a tribe for protection from attacks.

Thus it would show that those whom SnM have successfully attacked multiple times recently, and have left SL by their own free will to join TSB, have become refugees unless my understanding of the term of refugee is incorrect, in which case i am more then happy to be corrected.

I would be surprised if szirius or margarine dont disagree with me on this opinion, however its a free world, however they would be foolish to try to disagree that those whom they have recruited from SL are tribe hoopers with the smallest number of tribes which they have been in being 11, the highest 19 - averaging 15 tribe changes per player....

DeletedUser

Marg is way tastier when you put some butter over him and just lick it off, as it will melt within a second! =D Trust me, I know.

First of all I wanted to say that I'm highly disturbed by this statement! lol

Second of all I wanted to say that SL has always been close friends of our tribe and I personally have always considered them in some ways to be part of us (even though we don't share their diplomacy etc). Most of SL won't be joining us and those that you claim to be weak will have to prove to us that they are worthy of being in our tribe. We give them the benefit of the doubt for now, but we assess our members continually and each member is thus forced to continually prove to us that he is worthy of being in TSB based on many criteria! Our leaders and dukes are also continually being assessed and we aren't afraid to cut off anyone who isn't pulling their weight or shows they aren't worthy of their position in our tribe (with regards to privs and membership). Thus we reassess every aspect of our tribe continually in order to try keep it strong so if someone shows themselves to be unworthy of being a TSB member, we'll either help them improve or they won't last long in our tribe!

With regards to diplo with SnM, we aren't fazed what you guys decide to do, if you decide to continue skirmishes on these players once they are in TSB I'm sure my southern members would happily return the favour with interest;) I cannot see this happening however as I have mailed malebox about four days ago asking for a chat, but he still hasn't even looked at my mail.

An inactive leader = a dead tribe in my books and as far as I can see much of your leadership is inactive or has little activity. I look forward to having your leader read my mail sometime in this new year so we can discuss the future between our tribes:icon_smile:

DeletedUser67615

Also referring us to 3dx with your title "Same name, new name" is utterly ill-informed.
1. None of 3dx's higher council are in TSB.
2. 3dx took in whole tribes to avoid war.
3. 3dx never had this kind of control

So as far as I see it 3dx's legacy stopped with 3dx. And everyone knows SnM has been a dead tribe for months. They've just failed to accept it.

DeletedUser

!!_YnX, if the coin was the other way around, and skill? or TSL was to recruit refugees that were fleeing from your tribe, may i ask, what your rection to it be? I have no doubt that the reaction would be the same as LarryIV's was, but to request them to be dismissed from Skilled? or TSL..... as i do not believe it would be in the best interests of TSB to war with either of them....

Am i right in submissing this, or would you not care and simply openly declare war on a larger tribe without hesitation?

I do not support refugees, i never have, and never will. Any refugee should be dealt with in the same way as they were when i was at SnM, which was for them to be dismissed upon evidence of them being a refugee. If not, i deem that you would be a refugee supporter which is frowned upon by many a player, and more so, by most, if not all tribes.

Refugees? You are referring to SL as refugees? I had always assumed that refugees were people fleeing a war because they were losing.... not those who were winning the war?

If TSB had recruited you... I would agree, that would be recruiting refugees. However, you seem ill informed about the nature of those who joined us.

Last I checked SL is winning.... and you guys are losing

(I am assuming that you are from SnM, my apologies if you are not)

DeletedUser

Get a clue...my very first line in this thread. Now I know why others get so frustrated on here. Bloody waste of time posting anything :icon_rolleyes:

"Our little skirmish with SL has caused some members of that tribe to flee to TSB. Refugees? I would consider the following to be:".

This is my opinion, I didn't ask for anyone else's spin on this subject. PnP yeah I know, but seriously?

We could argue till 2012 about what a refugee is, I just want it known who I think qualifies. Most of the members that left are now hiding in TSB because they are very low on troops and/or being catted and ennobled. Noticed I said most, and not all? The rest are now merging for whatever reason.

Flame away, you obviously have nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.