TSL/Skill?/Anarky Situation.

DeletedUser

Which real life are you talking about where wars are avoided as much as possible? Sounds like a fantasy world that one.

As to everything else you said. Yes Ceasar is appointed to act dictatorily whereas normally the romans used the democracy of the senate. Yes the supreme chancellor of the republic is given dictatorial rights so he can wage war against the trade federation more effectively in the same way.

The difference i'm referring to is this.

We sacrifice certain control factors that TSL doesn't appear to suffer such as we don't enforce sits in a do or die way. Therefore we might suffer intel problems TSL may appear to avoid. We dont enforce taking over an acct that appears to be losing villages either, although that offer is almost always there. We don't have the constant threat of dismissal hanging over our heads for refusing to be a part of the aforementioned two examples.

We don't give up on players just because leadership determines its logical to do so. Sure in such a case the tribe may suffer more losses than is reasonable. The flipside is you gain rocksolid loyalty. This sort of loyalty is not available to the followers in a fear regime because you cannot breed loyalty when everything is surrounded by fear. A democracy brings equality and with that a freedom of personal choice. This in turn breeds lots of good things like loyalty which, not surprisingly, make all the difference in the end.

So when you say 'no TSL member leaves by choice ;)' it is not due to loyalty, it is due to fear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34483

oh there is a difference in our approaches that allows for this to happen

we are a basically a democracy whereas you are a dictatorship

and quite a heavy handed dicatorship from what i've been hearing these last few days

did you know that no dicatorship has ever succeeded?

Reading too much Gaddafi lately?

We are not in a dictatorship, I mean anyone are free to leave anyway. We only have very few rules, less than the number of my fingers in one hand. And, there is punishment when you break rules. And majority wants to follow those rules and if they don't they are again free to leave. It is democracy for me.... World Peace :p

DeletedUser

We dont enforce taking over an acct that appears to be losing villages either, although that offer is almost always there. We don't have the constant threat of dismissal hanging over our heads for refusing to be a part of the aforementioned two examples.

When has TSL ever eaten a player that has began losing villas to an opposing tribe? Now count the time Twist! has done the aforementioned action. You might laugh, I know I did.

DeletedUser

very interesting theory firey, at first I thought it was the same old argument thats been used forever (think I even used it ages ago) lol... but it seems to have evolved into something... :)

unfortunately your argument fails to see the full picture. You see TSL through the eyes of a handful of TSL members that oppose it. That is why they gripe to you (or your tribe members). Do you know how many within your tribe are fed up of how Twist is run? We hear plenty that gripe from your side as well ;) also plenty dont hesitate to leave the tribe, always coming to the realisation that their only choice is Twist or the rim... The fact that only a handful of Twist members are actively involved in the war should be an indication for you about the 'loyalty' that truely exists.

Better loyalty comes from respect, not fear... that is true! But those that respect authority have nothing to fear ;) Those that rebel and gripe to the enemy are the ones to fear the sitting! Open can sit my acc anytime and I respect him enough to do it. I do not fear him because I have nothing to hide :) The vast majority of TSL will feel the same :)

As for your war argument, there will be a lot more than a handful of wars in RL if we had the same conquer-all mentality that we have in the game! lol

DeletedUser

Just thinking of one K alone in K35 - carlsbergmike, diabolic lust - we forced you into it when Twist! was just 3 months old. :)

And poor carlsberg was still happily talking to us before that :)

So you say loyalty and no fear?

Carl lost 20 villages to Twist! If that was the reason he was eaten don't you think Jhimbog would be getting eaten at the moment? no. Your logic is failing you :icon_biggrin:

Diabolic just began getting eaten, when you joined in and took what you could. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So much to reply to - best be selective.

marg -
1. I dont know what same old theory and i dont know what evolution took place, you didn't explain either.
2. A wise man can see the entire universe in a grain of sand. This may be beyond me but the examples i have of TSL's inner workings are more than enough to show me the whole. I'm not that caught up in the hype of what i read or hear either so i think my take on it is pretty realistic. You are just new and being a nice follower at the moment. Although i hear you are tasked with an important job.
3. "But those that respect authority have nothing to fear ;)" I'm sure plenty of Russians in Siberia would agree with you too. Or Jews during all of their occupations. Libyans under Gaddafi, Syrians under Al-Assad, anyone in trouble with the CIA, Romanians under Ceausescu - etc etc.
4. I agree with that statement about the war thing, however, thats not what you originally said.

dmoron
who was that guy that left TSL over change of diplo with TSL academy tribe - cant remember names but someone less wasted will

distorted
always a pleasure but i just got too wasted to tangle with your mind this time :(

DeletedUser

dmoron
who was that guy that left TSL over change of diplo with TSL academy tribe - cant remember names but someone less wasted will

Can't remember his name either. What's your point though? He was free to leave to try and stand up for a weak tribe that was attacking us at the time we started attacking back. His incident further proves the point that you are free to do as you like in TSL.

Although he did get eaten :icon_redface:

DeletedUser84663

Wow that looks like an incredibly even-sided war. Including tribe-leavers, the winning side is still only up ~700,000 over an entire month. It's an edge, sure, but not a big one.

Will be interesting to watch how this all shakes down.
it's been like that since before I decided to go Conan O'Brien on this world... no one is winning, no one has been winning... its just back and forth from what I hear... and lots of cats.

use Nobles please :) ...even from the grandstands, watching a cat sleep is more entertaining...

DeletedUser

Firey, smintie you talk to much :).I am wondering when you gonna do something on the map...

DeletedUser

Just looking around at what needs to be done after our sabbatical to another world. Promise we will make your life more interesting soon enough :)

DeletedUser97878

Can't remember his name either. What's your point though? He was free to leave to try and stand up for a weak tribe that was attacking us at the time we started attacking back. His incident further proves the point that you are free to do as you like in TSL.

Although he did get eaten :icon_redface:

Was this Judgek? Or a different one? Cause you seem to eat anyone who leaves your tribe o_O

DeletedUser

geez you lot still talking crap! anyway hi w46 and bye all in one (wave) i quit tw for many reasons, it was only a matter of time due to boredom and new gf taking up lots of my time, failed to find a full time co and didn't feel welcome in twist anymore. So quit and now i want 2.6 years of my life back damn tw!!!! lol

good luck peeps hope one day you get your lives back too its fun and less stressful :) CYAZ

DeletedUser

geez you lot still talking crap! anyway hi w46 and bye all in one (wave) i quit tw for many reasons, it was only a matter of time due to boredom and new gf taking up lots of my time, failed to find a full time co and didn't feel welcome in twist anymore. So quit and now i want 2.6 years of my life back damn tw!!!! lol

good luck peeps hope one day you get your lives back too its fun and less stressful :) CYAZ

wow...you spent your life in this game?:icon_eek:...i think you need a doc:icon_wink:
anyway...enjoy your new life:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

TSL effect must mean Boring effect then. But hey it was super effective, MartinL fainted. What pokemon will Twist! send out next?

DeletedUser

Not sure what is happening to be honest but one thing you can be guaranteed of - we wont be revealing the skills we have gained too quickly for you guys to copy. We are quite happy for you all to learn the slow way : )