TW-CHAMP w.90 discussion thread

King Banana

This thread is to discuss TW-CHAMP w.90

920b033dcb65e5cc04f97fdd698b1ce9.png

Last edited:

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
From what i recall, all tudadar did was noble barbs and farm to sell the pp. He never got attacked, because he made a deal with infamy and tea.

If you call that skill, im sure we have a ton of players that qualify for that :rolleyes:

But im sure you guys are just trolling. If he had been on our side of the world, it would have gone down something a tad more diffrently :D

DeletedUser110779

This competition should have been a 128 players and not 32. there is a good amount of players with a better showing than several of the players within top 32.

DeletedUser117803

what a great idea, king b. thanks for the late winter diversion. although, to be honest, being matched against nwaro was, shall we say, not exactly an even match.

i was thinking i would vote for us, get us a pity vote at least. ;)

and, by the way - and i realize this means nothing to anyone but the yanks, and not even all of them - go tar heels!

k

kingraz

Reaction score
KingBanana - Make sure you start the same thread when the end is near. Not on front line to show players what I got. And don't want to mention my old profiles :).

DeletedUser114962

Another NOTE to this discussion. Can we all forget everyone's past and whatever ego they have and evaluate accounts on what they have done in this world. By taking a critical approach and evaluating players on what they have done on this world, will we know who is the champion of this world. Forget ego's and I would suggest players to stop choosing players from there own tribes just because they are from the same tribe. Stop hugging

Deleted User - 10618707

You do realise then that only frontline players predominantly will be able to 'show what they've done on the world.' Completely neglects backline players who aren't in such a position, furthermore, anything such players do will only be known by their own tribe predominantly.

Ergo its likely that one could choose players based on critically evaluating them, so the next best thing will always be 'ego'.:confused:

Destructere

If one truly wants to be on the frontlines, then its not really that hard to get there. Ask leadership/noble a few barbs/ask to swap vills with someone. Many ways to get there.

And the TW-Champ is supposed to be about what you have done in the world (w90 this case). Not what you have done in previous worlds.

Deleted User - 10618707

If one truly wants to be on the frontlines, then its not really that hard to get there. Ask leadership/noble a few barbs/ask to swap vills with someone. Many ways to get there.

And the TW-Champ is supposed to be about what you have done in the world (w90 this case). Not what you have done in previous worlds.

Yeah but what i was saying is that only someone who is frontline would be 'shown' because of the bias in the test itself, sure it possible to go to the frontline but simply not being there doesn't somehow diminish skill :p

Also you are right that it is supposed to be about what you have done in w90,and who best would know what you've done but your tribemates.

Lost One

You do realise then that only frontline players predominantly will be able to 'show what they've done on the world.' Completely neglects backline players who aren't in such a position, furthermore, anything such players do will only be known by their own tribe predominantly.

Ergo its likely that one could choose players based on critically evaluating them, so the next best thing will always be 'ego'.:confused:

Wont a skilled player find a front to move to ? Whos fault is it when an account dabbles on the backline all game... and never choses to move..

DeletedUser

For a large part, these things are just popularity contests. More of a poll of how many players of each tribe post on the forum rather than accurate reflection of the skill matchup between two players.

For the most part, you are obligated to vote for your own either due to loyalty or the fact you know less about the opponent, which makes almost all vote slips useless.

TEA votes when TEA member is on the ballot against a non-TEA member: 25-3
BiP votes when BiP member is on the ballot against a non-BiP member: 13-0
Infamy votes when Infamy is on the ballot against a non-Infamy member: 29-2

BiP's numbers are lower because more teamkills like the likes of Nwaro vs. Venomous Retribution etc. than any other tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

LennoxW

For a large part, these things are just popularity contests. More of a poll of how many players of each tribe post on the forum rather than accurate reflection of the skill matchup between two players.

For the most part, you are obligated to vote for your own either due to loyalty or the fact you know less about the opponent, which makes almost all vote slips useless.

TEA votes when TEA member is on the ballot against a non-TEA member: 25-3
BiP votes when BiP member is on the ballot against a non-BiP member: 13-0
Infamy votes when Infamy is on the ballot against a non-Infamy member: 29-2

BiP's numbers are lower because more teamkills like the likes of Nwaro vs. Venomous Retribution etc. than any other tribe.
So shows bias makes this unfortunately useless for this world?

DeletedUser

It makes it useless for every world as an indicator of ability, though an amusing exercise nontheless.

Perhaps I am going out of my way to mention it though since I was in one of these as the, then, rank 4 player on W56 and went out round 1 for the reason that my tribe wasn't particularly big on the public forums and would then end up showing the eventual winner what was what on the battlefield and for people not to take what is essentially a popularity contest as anything more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

LennoxW

Yeah but what i was saying is that only someone who is frontline would be 'shown' because of the bias in the test itself, sure it possible to go to the frontline but simply not being there doesn't somehow diminish skill :p

Also you are right that it is supposed to be about what you have done in w90,and who best would know what you've done but your tribemates.

You can definitely prove yourself without being on the front lines. Might be a bit harder but it's definitely possible. Wish this had a few more players on the list