TW Parallels to Movies and Medieval Fan Fiction

DeletedUser

First of all, I'd like to say that I just saw the movie "Snow White & The Huntsman" and I couldn't stop thinking of several parallels to TW, and other movies I've seen.

Here's the list that I'll be commenting about:
-TW
-Game of Thrones
-Troy
-Narnia
-Harry Potter

Also, I'd like to apologize for posting in the wrong forum, but this is the world that I play on, and would like your feedback. Mods, please read this completely before moving this to a separate forum :)

Snow White & The Huntsman is a very well done remake of the original fairy tale "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves".
Although I despise these remakes, overall, it was pretty good. Very cliché, but a great remake of the fairy tale.

Kudos to you, Kristen Stewart. At least you've shown that you can do more than just typical acting for a romance novel.

Let's get straight to the parallels.

Firstly, tribal wars in and of itself is a survival game where you join a tribe, or go at it alone and war with other tribes.

When I saw the movie, I kept thinking WOW. This is jet like several large tribes like Org (and its many many merges) & Panic similar to how the band of rogue warriors, the princess's army, and the dwarves tribe (yes i consider them a tribe) joined together to usurp the queen and reclaim her rightful crown.

HUGE parallel to Game of Thrones. CERSEI much???? The queen (evil witch) and Cersei, they are like twins. They lust for power, although the queen in the movie lusted for youth.

As for Cersei, she lusts for power and DOMINANCE OVER THE LAND.
TW Much? Yes, very much so.

Tribal wars is all about communication, the right amount of luck, and a lust for power. If we didn't lust for power, why would some players have more than 100 players? They keep playing because they want to crush the other tribes and expand their influence over the land.

Now, when I saw the battle in the beginning of the movie, where the evil queen's army invaded the castle and backstabbed the army, I thought of all the tribal wars tribes that have done this in order to become larger tribes.
After all, it's necessary at times, but it's bound to happen.

Similar to game of thrones and also star wars (where the clones backstabbed the jedi & killed all of them (with the exception of the remaining recurrent characters))

Now, as for Troy, hello????? BREAKING DOWN TEH WALLS. CATS AND RAMS. and yes, they actually showed how catapults work, not just in a simple report that says "oh hello, you lost ______ # of rams/cats/insert other unit here)
The movie's castle looked EXACTLY like a tribal wars village.
Too much of a coincidence.

Narnia, I'm pretty sure this was the battle over the Kingdom and the granted thrones. I do remember a similar Snow White remake where there were two men, and the wrong guy kissed the girl, don't exactly remember the name of it.

Harry Potter, couldn't stop thinking of Hogwarts and the fight against the dement ors. And the fight against Lord Voldemort. Why? Because it is in fact similar to tribal wars. The small guys can band up and take down the bigger guys. But I"m not saying it's GOING to happen in w62. I'm just saying it CAN happen.

So? Why lust for power? It's been a rather simple concept that's been around since before the medieval ages. In fact, before the romans and the greeks and their pelopenessian wars (reference to Grepolis, another Innogames game). In fact, this started out back with the cavemen and the neanderthals.

You steal my food? I steal yours. Eye for an eye. Although now there are so many factors that influence who the "victor" is in a battle.

Morale in tribal wars. Yes yes yes yes yes, it's part of real life warfare as well. Although in tribal wars, when morale is low, TROOPS DO NOT DESERT THEIR ARMIES. (thank god).

With that, I think I've got all of what I wanted to say for now. Please take the time to read this and comment. I don't care for negative criticism, I'd just like to get out my opinions.

I hope this was an enjoyable read.
-yellownight

DeletedUser

Oh, one more thing. In real life warfare, and medieval warfare in the past, when someone died, there was no restart button XD. They died once, and that was it.

DeletedUser

That's all from personal memory. And my own opinions between tribal wars and other movies.
I didn't use any links when writing this.

DeletedUser

eh only watched Game of Thrones & Troy

Queen of Dragons was frigging hot :D

and yes mod will most likely move this thread hah :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Typo: why would some players have more than 100 "villages" not "players". There is no slavery in tribal wars. I don't consider tribal wars bashing slavery. Sorry about that :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Also, Kristen Stewart does NOT deserve to be the highest paid actress in the USA. That is BS. I understand, yes she may have been the cute girl in Zathura, but when she starred in Twilight, I despised the series completely for the cliche romance.

If anyone wants to noble her, go ahead.

She currently tops the charts with $34 million dollars. Org only has a few more points than that XD
Even if someone sues her, she's so reach she could afford the best lawyer...

Good god, what has the world come to?

DeletedUser

It's called not sleeping at night for 3 days in a row :icon_wink:
Or ever since the Org war started.

Special thanks to Lambezz, Rawr Mode/Elmo, Critical Mass, Toby, nystygmus the mod, u6s5l, Repinski, and all the others I've talked to this week for making this possible. Even you 7 trolls

DeletedUser

It's called not sleeping at night for 3 days in a row :icon_wink:
Or ever since the Org war started.

Special thanks to Lambezz, Rawr Mode/Elmo, Critical Mass, Toby, nystygmus the mod, u6s5l, Repinski, and all the others I've talked to this week for making this possible. Even you 7 trolls
Maybe I should put you out of your misery? :p

DeletedUser

I plan to put myself out of my misery.

I tried staying up all night for the past 3 nights. I did, but I crashed at 7am and woke up late in the afternoon :p

Starbucks coffee should do the trick after the work day.
Except it has the reverse effect --> it'll put me to sleep in a few mins.

DeletedUser

This is so nerdy i felt embarrassed after i read it. You really need to get out more.

DeletedUser

Ha, that's cus its summer. Once september rolls around, I won't really have much time for TW. And the original post was sort of written as a personal commentary on medieval warfare.

Ever heard of being a movie reviewer? Those people do get paid well, and they get to watch movies for free.
Although I'm not one.

DeletedUser

I will be here every day.

If you need another tidbit like my original post, I might be making one soon enough. With more references to each of the top tribes.

DeletedUser103652

You could pretty much quote any movie with backstabing etc. you just picked them ones. lol