TW Real Life Meets

wishus

Has anyone ever successfully managed a Real Life meeting for TW players? I consider a RL meeting being more than 3 people who don't know each other from anywhere else apart from TW? I've tried a few and had 100% FAILs over the past few years in different worlds even though most of the tribes I have been in have at least 10 Londoners in them.
The reasons for the failure is a blend between people:

• preferring to use 100% of their leisure time for TW
  • being penniless students who want me to buy their beer
  • not really wanting to meet anyone in real life anyway
Anyway has anyone managed a meeting, and if so can you post whether it was a success or not and interesting anecdotes?

DeletedUser

Yes, once I met three other people. But I was a wee bit drunk at the time, so I'm not sure if it counts.

DeletedUser

I know a few players on the dutch server who want me to come by and grab a cup of coffee.

But they also arranged a few meetings where all of the players had a lot of fun (modteam was also there).

DeletedUser

I have TW meets with wabbit-169 every two weeks, it's pretty awesome.

Like I've said time in time out in Offtopica, I'd be open for an Aussie meet, but chances are it wont happen anytime soon.

blurk

Like I've said time in time out in Offtopica, I'd be open for an Aussie meet, but chances are it wont happen anytime soon.

wasnt wabbit family of yours >.<

DeletedUser

How's that hole you're digging going?

DeletedUser2943

I have meet quite a few players in real life. Starting with Draimor, ( he's family) doesn't really count, Lord Avernock and maddaley can't remember the rest of her name but married to lord avernock. I meet Keilantra and saint sinner, I have meet itsy and solfar, I have developed a good freindship with Mikeys and we are hoping to meet up soon. So in all not bad.
God Bless
Bishop

DeletedUser5974

I wish I could meet some of the guys I met here.
Ohhh well I am just too young. Plenty of time to go:lol:

DeletedUser

I met a HOT member who was in my comp app class, but that's pretty much it, so there's a few TW members who live near me, but I've never gotten the chance to meet them.

DeletedUser

I could meet with barfbug, but he doesn't wanna drive two hours >_>

DeletedUser

You never know when i'm gunna be in adelaide.........

However, I frequent the murray this time of year. Just so you know i'm thinking of you all, i'll ensure I dispatch a package your way next time i'm there :lol:

Cheers
Jas

DeletedUser

i actually met up with 2 esl players by accident. I was on holiday last year in Kavos, Greece and my bar woman (very nice indeed) saw me playing tw after my breakfast in the internet cafe bit... she mentioned her boyfriend played in w2.. his ig name was savres. unfortunately he longer plays. think he was a travelling srudent