TW Stats downtime announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser656

Due to changes in the management/operation of TW Stats we will now be posting any planned maintenance as well as unplanned downtime in this thread.

Starting now: TW Stats will be offline for approximately five minutes due to a database issue.

DeletedUser656

A database server is currently under more load than usual, statistics for worlds 41 to 51 may take longer to display.

DeletedUser656

I've had to take the server completely offline for a little while. Stats for worlds 41 to 51 will not be available.

Edit: Back online, downtime was 23 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser656

A small patch just brought down the site for 5 minutes and then showed everything in Arabic for a further 5 minutes. Everything should be sorted now, very sorry about that.

Jon

Maps will be unavailable for a few minutes while we push out an update.

Jon

Maps should be back online now under a new system.

Please note that any maps generated prior to this post will stop working by the end of this month if you linked directly to them.

Maps generated prior to this post start with:

maps.twstats.com

Maps generated after this post start with:

twstats.com/mapservice

Jon

Maps should be back online now under a new system.

Please note that any maps generated prior to this post will stop working by the end of this month if you linked directly to them.

Maps generated prior to this post start with:

maps.twstats.com

Maps generated after this post start with:

twstats.com/mapservice

Small alteration to prevent maps from being served through our CDN, maps generated now start with the following:

mapservice.twstats.com/mapservice

DeletedUser656

I've taken TW Stats offline for a few minutes to investigate a server problem.

Edit: Coming back online now.

DeletedUser656

One of our servers is poorly, stats will be unavailable for 122 worlds for a little while.

Edit: Back online, but will be a little slow.

DeletedUser656

I'll be taking TW Stats offline for up to 6 hours on Wednesday, starting at 7am CET (6am UK). This is required maintenance while we move all our services to new, improved servers at a different location.

During the downtime all TW Stats main websites plus scripts.twstats.com, mapservice.twstats.com, maps.twstats.com and status.twstats.com will be unavailable. After the downtime maps will be served from twsmap.com.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused, but this a necessary move to ensure the sites can stay reliably online.

For those who are curious, the 6 new servers have the following specs:

[spoil]
Intel Xeon X3450 Lynnfield Processor (4 x 2.66 - 3.20GHz, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost Technology, Hyper-Threading).
4 physical and 4 logical CPU's scaling to 3.20Ghz via Intel's Turbo Boost Technology.
4GB ECC 1333MHz DDR3 Ram (2x2GB Dual Rank DIMMs).
150 GB Western Digital WD1500HLFS VelociRaptor, SATA 3Gb/s, 10,000rpm, 16MB Cache, 4.2 ms hard drive.
1000Mbit network port.
[/spoil]

DeletedUser656

As mentioned above the sites are currently offline and the migration is well under way (nearly 40gb of live database data).

DeletedUser656

Progress update: The transfer of data is going slightly slower than expected, only uploading at around 24 Mbit/s.

DeletedUser656

Some good news following yesterdays downtime: Worlds will now update hourly instead of every 3 hours as we are now able to update all 411 worlds in 20 minutes.

DeletedUser656

From 2010-10-28 23:48:12 to 2010-10-29 02:07:32 viewing player profiles was not possible due to an error, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

DeletedUser656

TW stats will go offline for roughly 30 minutes at 07:00 CET tomorrow morning for database maintenance.

DeletedUser656

As mentioned above I've just taken the site offline for a bit.

DeletedUser656

I switched TW Stats over to a different webserver earlier today (nginx), it seems quite a few requests have been dropped due to Ubuntu's open file limit being hit repeatedly. Fingers crossed its fixed now...

DeletedUser656

One of our servers is rebooting, there may be up to 10 mins downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.