TWiz - Unofficial Discord Bot

*kronus*

Reaction score
I don't want to disturb too much, but I can't figure out how to give all the commands to the Discord bot would be ideal to make a list of examples so you can run them perfectly so you can interpret all the charts.

Mamadou

Reaction score
Live monitoring a tribe that has asterisks in its TAG won't work.

!addmonitor \*LVT\* yes yes yes yes yes

\ are used to ignore discord's automatic formatting, but the bot still formats the tribe name.

1611319617031.png

Should be *LVT*

Thanks, you're awesome! :D

zyiks

Reaction score
I believe it did add it as it found a match in the database (otherwise it wouldn't show you the add message), its just that when the bot prints it back it gets formatted by discord. I'll add it to the issue.

Generally people use a lot of different weird symbols in their tribe tags that can create conflicts. What can also help is surrounding the tag with quotation marks if you get future issues with it.

Last edited:

Mamadou

Reaction score
It is a match but for the wrong tribe. There are two tribes:

- LVT
- *LVT*

A main tribe and its sister tribe

zyiks

Reaction score
I used the command you sent: " !addmonitor \*LVT\* yes yes yes yes yes"

And it matches *LVT* in the database. Discord just applies italics to the tag when sending the confirmation message since it's already bold.

Reaction score
I absolutely love this bot. It is a must on all of my servers. Is there a way to monitor a single player? I would love to monitor specific players in my personal server. Also, monitoring mulyiple worlds at the same time? Also for my personal server, as kind of keeping track of all my accounts (diff worlds) in one place. Please let me know if that is possible, thanks.

zyiks

Reaction score
I absolutely love this bot. It is a must on all of my servers. Is there a way to monitor a single player? I would love to monitor specific players in my personal server.

Single player monitoring is currently being implemented, but it is severely delayed since most of my time is going towards my thesis.

Also, monitoring multiple worlds at the same time?

You will have to make a channel for each separate world, then use the set_channel_world command to overwrite the global world for the channel. That way you can monitor multiple worlds. When player monitoring comes, it will work the same way.

jackyjackson

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using the bot on 2 different dc servers and it is offline since a few hours. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Greets,
jacky

zyiks

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using the bot on 2 different dc servers and it is offline since a few hours. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Greets,
jacky

Hi, thanks for letting me know. Discord had connection issues last night exactly during the automatic bot restart, so it never tried to recover itself. I'll see if I can add some more config for this edge case.

EDIT: Added it into the service configuration, this shouldn't happen again.

cwilliams117

Reaction score
Hi, I have a tribe tag that contains a space in it and don't see a way to add it to a map command. Tried separating tags with commas, putting the tribe tag in quotes, etc. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hi, I have a tribe tag that contains a space in it and don't see a way to add it to a map command. Tried separating tags with commas, putting the tribe tag in quotes, etc. Any suggestions?
Have you tried it with %20 instead of the space? If the bot is using a URL somewhere, that encoding might help it recognize the space for what it is. Otherwise, it might just need a small update to support spaces :confused:

zyiks

Reaction score
Hi everone!

The underlying package that TWiz uses for interaction with Discord recently released an announcement. The announcement says that development on it will be ceased. Since TWiz heavily relies on this package at the moment, TWiz will require a full rewrite (unless someone manages to fork the package in time) to keep operating. I do not know if I will have the time for this, but the estimated time when it will stop working is April 2022, as discord will be changing how people interact with bots again.

If you want to read more about the issue with the package, here is a link: https://gist.github.com/Rapptz/4a2f62751b9600a31a0d3c78100287f1#FAQ