UFO- looking for members

ancient magikz

Lots of point whores lurk in these forums, lets not invite here ;)
Your doing a nice job with the tribe atm K-David :D

DeletedUser

Ok!
1: I'm not applying
2: I farm out my 7x7 I'm not stupid...
3: answer my question please
and
4: A screening mail is a mail with questions to see how good a person is his previous experience and playing style, also his ability to think of stragagies when it's getting difficult (if you ask the right questions). That works better then looking at ODA... Because you will see or they will be good at this stage of the game AND later in the game...
What you are doing is just looking for people that are good at this part of the game and that is your mistake. Because those people can suck when they get like 5+ villages (I know it's not much but trust me some people already don't know what to do then). When you send such an mail out you will filter those people and get an elite tribe for now and then.
5: don't see this as an insult or anything like that I'm just trying to help you.

Well, I trust my intuition... It worked back in W10 with MuFFiN, and I believe it will work here. I don't like these kind of applications :( Talking to the applicant in an informal way is better imo.
And getting back to your question... If one is farming only his 7×7 then his OD should be around 0-200, unless hes killing a turtle. (This is in average circumstances ^^)

DeletedUser

Well, I trust my intuition... It worked back in W10 with MuFFiN, and I believe it will work here. I don't like these kind of applications :( Talking to the applicant in an informal way is better imo.
And getting back to your question... If one is farming only his 7×7 then his OD should be around 0-200, unless hes killing a turtle. (This is in average circumstances ^^)

Ok I respect that it's just an different way of getting members :icon_wink:.
So not that I want to join but you judging me by my ODA (1500) you would accept me?

DeletedUser

1500 ODA is better than the average, so judging by that: definitely yes, I would accept you :)

DeletedUser

And the fact that your ODA is "only" 1.136 wouldn't change this :D

DeletedUser

it has to be updated I quess :). Last time I calculated it it was around 1500.

DeletedUser

I will have to disagree. I am ranked 10-20 on W23 for now, and farm my 21 x 21. I am on almost constantly, but I have a very low ODA. If you are looking for ODA this early, it is not a good sign for your tribe. ODA means nothing at this point. Just my two cents.

Qft.

DeletedUser

I will have to disagree. I am ranked 10-20 on W23 for now, and farm my 21 x 21. I am on almost constantly, but I have a very low ODA. If you are looking for ODA this early, it is not a good sign for your tribe. ODA means nothing at this point. Just my two cents.

There are very few exceptions, I think you are one of them. Btw, why post under alias?..

DeletedUser

So basically what you just said to me everyone is "If you have points, ODA, activity and W23 is your main world, you can join us". Without knowing the players ability.

You didn't played the early W10 days, right?

ancient magikz

So basically what you just said to me everyone is "If you have points, ODA, activity and W23 is your main world, you can join us". Without knowing the players ability.

-You can check TW stats for their experience
-Account sit them (reports)
-Size of village to see if they farm effectively
-Ask them questions when they are mailing you to join
-They can learn from us in the tribe
:lol:

DeletedUser

That is not right. Not at all :D

I just said that I don't have a screening mail. That doesn't mean I'm randomly inviteing the pointwhores who are lucky enough to have some ODA :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

-You can check TW stats for their experience
-Account sit them (reports)
-Size of village to see if they farm effectively
-Ask them questions when they are mailing you to join
-They can learn from us in the tribe
:lol:

1) Experience doesn't neccasarily mean they're good players. It isn't how long you play TW but what you achieve in the time you play it
2) Should be part of recruitment process - Still doesn't mean they know what they're doing
3) Recruitment mail?
4) Again, recruitment mail?

Unlike K/C-David you really have no clue what you're doing. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Meh, I'd go for a similar recruitment style as UFO personally. Informal chats are less intimidating to players and you can find out more, however you still need a standard 'route of conversation' which you'll deploy. Either style has it's merits and faults, just like mass recruiting or pre-making. However recruiting here isn't really for me :p

Anyone can have high points/ODA but personality and understanding is also important, which is what informal discussions allow, as well as a screening mail (which is very similar really).