Ugh...No restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am thinking that they should have a world with No barbarian villages at all. Some players get alot of barbies around them and others get none. It gives the early advantage to players with the very early ability to farm and thus they have a huge competitive advantage.

With ZERO barbies everyone has the same advantage and not the lucky few who happened to score close in barbies.

If we want a completely fair game...all villages on the map would have to be placed equal distance from each other, with the same number of barbs between them.

Something would have to be done about players quitting, because if someone quits or restarts, a player near them is given an unfair advantage

DeletedUser57199

That's why this world sucks ;)
Its all about what you make of it... I killed 12 players spear and pally attacks last night, I will have no friend when bp ends and I welcome the challenge.
...because this world is gunna kick ass.

I am thinking that they should have a world with No barbarian villages at all. Some players get alot of barbies around them and others get none. It gives the early advantage to players with the very early ability to farm and thus they have a huge competitive advantage.

With ZERO barbies everyone has the same advantage and not the lucky few who happened to score close in barbies.
What happens to players after they restart or quit? Could be an interesting idea tho. You could have a players village linger around for a few days then just disappear, making it a strictly player VS player world, no barb nobling, no room for peace. (then again I have a feeling if that is made possible I bet there would be an above average amount of cheaters in that world.)

DeletedUser33413

I love the no restart nule, it forces people to play a slightly different game and take whats given to them. I have two barbs in my 9x9 and already you can see that people are either going for mines, or have started spears early like is nomally accepted in startup.

I also like the fact that the first week will be more interesting to play in as we will be fighting for dominance from tomorrow onwards [spear nukes FTW].

With regards to a world with no barbs - if mine output was doubled and speed was right then i would definately play it. Again it forces all players to fight each other from the start and gives a bigger sense of achievement.

DeletedUser

I agree with what was said about the rule being to the advantage of better players, because they will adapt. I've made adjustments for the fact already, and only time will tell if I've made good adjustments, or if they were good enough. And I have plans for other things. But I think that the density of this world combined with the short BP makes for better farming in the long run, as opposed to "normal" settings and convincing noobs to restart. When BP is over, I already see many nearby farms for me, and it just so happens that I know that I'm going to be in better farming position than most of my neighbors.

DeletedUser93598

apparently, not everyone thinks the no-restart rule keeps you from trying to scare the noobs....

AirforceTrevor on 03.11. at 23:31
Hello. I am writing to inform you that you are within my 25x25, this is bad news for you as it means once BP ends, I will be most likely farming you. I am a consistent top 40 start-up player and I am rarely beaten.

Unfortunately you cannot re-start in this world so I would strongly suggest that you delete your account, wait 24hours and then make a new account and re-join the world. There is no point spending two days of your life growing, when I am just going to dominate you within three days.

You may think this is just a threat and I am trying to scare you but I am being deadly serious and I am just trying to help you out.

For the record, this account is 3-way co-played, and will be active, 24/7, so trust me, delete, make a new account and re-start. This is the core it is a speed two world, activity and experience are key assets to start-up, something myself and my co-players have plenty of.

Thank you for your time,
AirforceTrevor
I don't know when 'good' came to mean 'good at sending a pre-canned mail to scare the kiddies into giving up' but...meh.

A final nit - he's going to farm his 25x25? On this world? That's a pretty good fraction of 625 villages (625 == 25^2, for the math impaired). I'm practically Amish when it comes to farming, and even I think that's excessive...

DeletedUser656

apparently, not everyone thinks the no-restart rule keeps you from trying to scare the noobs....

I don't know when 'good' came to mean 'good at sending a pre-canned mail to scare the kiddies into giving up' but...meh.

A final nit - he's going to farm his 25x25? On this world? That's a pretty good fraction of 625 villages (625 == 25^2, for the math impaired). I'm practically Amish when it comes to farming, and even I think that's excessive...

You can thank players like that for us having the no restart rule in the first place.

DeletedUser198

Its funny just seeing players complain about the settings of this world yet they still play it lol

If you dont like what they put for the settings, its simple DONT PLAY THIS WORLD. Your not being forced to play it, quit it and then we wont have to see your irrelevant complaining posts. Everyone else is going to play this world and adapt to the new changes they have on this world.

DeletedUser

You can thank players like that for us having the no restart rule in the first place.

I havent been following it much, but is this a new permanent setting or one catered for this world?

DeletedUser71925

It's an awful rule to be honest. Not everyoen restarts due to restart mails, and if they do, then they weren't going to put up much of a fight anyway, were they? Also, the fact that we have to wait for 2.5 days before there are any barbs around. My 20x20 literally has like 4 barbs in it. :/ 20x20!

Worst clause I've seen on a world before. The first 2.5 days are arguably crucial...maybe not in the long-term, but definitely in the short-term. It's 6 hours for me to send to barbs that aren't spiked but I can't wait that long I have to risk it and plough through what's in my area, and when you're getting hauls of pretty much nothing (eg 3W, 3C, 4I).

It's plain and simple, this rule is lame.

DeletedUser

If people didn't abuse the restart function then there wouldn't be a rule like this would there?

DeletedUser656

I'll bite:

Not everyone restarts due to restart mails. Not everyone deletes due to delete mails. Many do. You have no idea how much of a fight they were going to put up. What other company do you know of that would idly sit back in the first few days of a new product and let players who want an easy ride send 20-40 mails to other potential customers persuading them to quit?

When Tribal Wars first started we had no bonus villages. We had no automatically spawning barbarians. Players stuck around, they built up their village at the start, then they played the game the way the developers originally designed it to be played.

Every single player on this world is in the same situation right now. You're actually going to have work a bit to do well on this world. I would suggest you get used to that.

Welcome to how Tribal Wars was meant to be played.

DeletedUser

It's an awful rule to be honest. Not everyoen restarts due to restart mails, and if they do, then they weren't going to put up much of a fight anyway, were they? Also, the fact that we have to wait for 2.5 days before there are any barbs around. My 20x20 literally has like 4 barbs in it. :/ 20x20!

Worst clause I've seen on a world before. The first 2.5 days are arguably crucial...maybe not in the long-term, but definitely in the short-term. It's 6 hours for me to send to barbs that aren't spiked but I can't wait that long I have to risk it and plough through what's in my area, and when you're getting hauls of pretty much nothing (eg 3W, 3C, 4I).

It's plain and simple, this rule is lame.

Learn to adapt

DeletedUser

I think the Restart Delete mail revolution was just putting a situation to good use.
Something like chess, where it's so simple, is hard to find a way to putting a situation to good use. I mean the best you can do is switch pieces up illegally and hope the other person doesn't notice.

The original developers intended the game to be played in a certian way, but surely they should have realized the game would evolve as players evolve.
Anyways, in regards to this morthy:

When Tribal Wars first started we had no bonus villages. We had no automatically spawning barbarians. Players stuck around, they built up their village at the start, then they played the game the way the developers originally designed it to be played.
I believe that there is going to be a shift in TW evolution of gameplay here.
It could start an entire new way the game is played with new techniques.
I can also say right now theres been years of "Guides" that have been made and they are all obsolete now.
You change your tactics, we change ours.
A quick example of finding a way to abuse rules/ the way the game is intended to play, is this

W52 has a max gap of each attack at 100ms.
What if some form of program/web browser made it so that you can time your attacks perfectly, from different villages to be launch at specific times.
W52 is intended for an easier game,
But tougher players can maybe find a way to send nobles from 4 different villages to all land within 20ms

That's just something i could think of, the possibilites are endless really

DeletedUser93598

It's 6 hours for me to send to barbs that aren't spiked but I can't wait that long I have to risk it and plough through what's in my area, and when you're getting hauls of pretty much nothing (eg 3W, 3C, 4I).

the answer seems obvious to me. don't count on farming till it's productive to do so.

This world is enough different from previous ones that's there's actually a conversation about what's the best early, post-BP strategy going on among my tribe. There is analysis and radically different alternatives being discussed. That's not happened in many worlds. I, for one, am happy about it.

+1 TW team
- 1 for players who just read someone's startup guide and follow it blindly

[and, FWIW, I'd vote for having 0 auto-generated barbs and having early-game restarts/deletes just vanish. There is no free lunch]

DeletedUser

+1 TW team
+ 1 for players who just read someone's startup guide and follow it blindly

I changed it for you.
Them following it blindly just shows who really knows how to play the game (smirk)

DeletedUser93598

I changed it for you.
Them following it blindly just shows who really knows how to play the game (smirk)

well...since smartishness is a persistent competitive advantage...yes.

Anything that helps identify the dummies is candy-coated goodness. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser198

Every single player on this world is in the same situation right now. You're actually going to have work a bit to do well on this world. I would suggest you get used to that.

This could be the best QFT of w53, but go figure players will still complain because they dont actually wanna work for there build, they want it literally given to them

DeletedUser

I'll bite:

Not everyone restarts due to restart mails. Not everyone deletes due to delete mails. Many do. You have no idea how much of a fight they were going to put up. What other company do you know of that would idly sit back in the first few days of a new product and let players who want an easy ride send 20-40 mails to other potential customers persuading them to quit?

Oh no you didn't. The forum posters don't tolerate any discussion or suggestion that the game was "meant" to be played a certain way, or that they have to work for their success.

Status
Not open for further replies.