Underestimated/Overestimated

DeletedUser104923

we'll see how good -X- are soon, I'm 80,000 points. I was their smallest member, I didn't agree with their mass diplomacy and left. I.e diplomacy with turtle, GATORS, Uruk family, Quest, Rhino and 800813. As a result they thought they'd take the opportunity to attempt to rim me. With half the tribe refusing to attack, and a few others providing information of their noble planner and ops page on me. Time to kill some nukes and get back to you with how promising -x- aren't.

Can we add Greg to the over-estimated list?

Side 1:
Tribes: -X-
Side 2:
Players: Deemsterland
Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:
[spoil]Side 1: 6
Side 2: 0
Difference: 6
chart
[/spoil]

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
[spoil]Side 1: 49,461
Difference: 49,461
chart
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Everyone has the right to post but your essays will be scaring off many readers. Hell, I wouldn't have read half this crap if I wasn't stuck at home with an injury. Short and to-the-point is good!

Overestimated:

Turtle. Maybe not "mass-recruiters", but they certainly do recruit multiple players from every war rather than sticking it out. I have noticed some of these players do NOT seem like your typical, conventional "skilled players". The only reason I can think of for frequent, regular recruiting, is that there may be activity issues? Why else would there be a need for more players?

Cruel. "Fear the quiet ones".... Why? They have yet to prove themselves.

Now, before everyone gets all red-faced and cranky, realize that this post is subject to some bias and, like most other posts, some ignorance. I know nothing about Cruel and not a whole lot about Turtle. Normally there is no scarcity of information about the best tribes in a world though

While I am at it, why is Kaboom getting such praise in this thread? Am I wrong that they too have recently recruited members out of a freshly started war? Were they even involved in this war? I know literally nothing about this tribe, but there has not been a whole lot to talk/read about has there?

DeletedUser

From what i can understand regarding Kaboom, they have very close links to the turtle.f, and have been requested to recruit said players, these players cannot join the turtle.f directly for obvious limitations.

Wether this is true or not i cannot say 100%, they do have close relations however, just check them on the map.

Mustache Mobster

From what i can understand regarding Kaboom, they have very close links to the turtle.f, and have been requested to recruit said players, these players cannot join the turtle.f directly for obvious limitations.

Wether this is true or not i cannot say 100%, they do have close relations however, just check them on the map.

You are completely right about our relation with Turtle, we have been friends with them before we shared a border. We won't try to hide that fact cos the whole world already knows this =P. As for the recruitment we did, it had nothing to do with Turtle. I decided to take in players from the at that time recently falled MOAR because i wanted to get some new grounds, Kaboom was pretty boxed up by turtle so i took the liberty to invite some guys abroad. But to be clear, we are not part of any family and my recruitment issnt run by Turtle!

Also we haven't recruited anyone from a war we've participated in, SHG & WB just happened to joined the war on TKWSN's side and we were still statisticly on the Turtle side of that war. Moments after they joined the war on TKWSN's side i received an apology from their duke stating:

anarkiss said:
I did not realize you had joined up with turtle. We are currently fighting ninja. Did not realize you were a part of it.
We expressed that we wanted to fight with turtle and ninja, however we have no intentions of fighting you.

I hope this does clarify some stuff for you? And incase you have any other questions, feel free to mail me here or ingame so i can help you get answers =P

angry-panda-3-o.gif

DeletedUser

Can we add Greg to the over-estimated list?

Side 1:
Tribes: -X-
Side 2:
Players: Deemsterland
Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers against opposite side:
[spoil]Side 1: 6
Difference: 6
chart
[/spoil]

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
[spoil]Side 1: 49,461
Difference: 49,461
chart
[/spoil]

sucks when updates stop you tagger working :( I'm sure many have suffered the same problem. Ohwell, still. Congrats on a 4.4 mill tribe taking out an 80,000 point account. Quite the achievement there.

DeletedUser104923

sucks when updates stop you tagger working :( I'm sure many have suffered the same problem. Ohwell, still. Congrats on a 4.4 mill tribe taking out an 80,000 point account. Quite the achievement there.

Well the update actually took place after the beginning part of the op occurred. You just kind of laid down and died Greg. The point of my post is that you had such strong claims and strong words, then you do nothing when you actually have to act on them. I was hoping for a fight and you almost had me convinced that you were capable of giving one, but in the end you disappointed. If you think we are proud of taking out an 80k player you are wrong. But we do find it very very funny how you went from this:
Time to kill some nukes and get back to you with how promising -x- aren't.
To just sitting there and giving us such a weak defense that we were all rather surprised. It's funny how overconfidence can make someone look stupid isn't it?

velibor

Well the update actually took place after the beginning part of the op occurred. You just kind of laid down and died Greg. The point of my post is that you had such strong claims and strong words, then you do nothing when you actually have to act on them. I was hoping for a fight and you almost had me convinced that you were capable of giving one, but in the end you disappointed. If you think we are proud of taking out an 80k player you are wrong. But we do find it very very funny how you went from this: To just sitting there and giving us such a weak defense that we were all rather surprised. It's funny how overconfidence can make someone look stupid isn't it?
Definition of owned.

DeletedUser

Well the update actually took place after the beginning part of the op occurred. You just kind of laid down and died Greg. The point of my post is that you had such strong claims and strong words, then you do nothing when you actually have to act on them. I was hoping for a fight and you almost had me convinced that you were capable of giving one, but in the end you disappointed. If you think we are proud of taking out an 80k player you are wrong. But we do find it very very funny how you went from this: To just sitting there and giving us such a weak defense that we were all rather surprised. It's funny how overconfidence can make someone look stupid isn't it?

yes, that is correct. So i was able to put defence infront of what i actually had tagged. that was the first 170 incomings all from sposoben. The other players to contribute sent later because they were at a closer range, by which time my tagger wasnt working as wasnt anyone elses. And it can be a little hard tagging a few hundred incomings individually and then differentiating between fake trains and trains close range. I agree evidently, my strong claims did not come through and you'll say im making excuses. But, everyones tagger stopped working. Not just my own. If i had i'd know where to dodge troops and when to snipe and more importantly what was actually required to be sniped. So I called it a night and went to bed early for once.

If a proper fight is what you wish for I could jump on an account today and noble towards you within the week. 4.4 million vs 80k player without a tagger and maybe 20k D total, of course it was going to be a run over. Regardless of skills nobody will hold up against that unless you sent ridiculous trains.

I can probably assume it wasn't your great leadership that created the op, last time people depending on you to lead you went red and got internalled :lol: -X- is definitely within safe hands.

DeletedUser104923

yes, that is correct. So i was able to put defence infront of what i actually had tagged. that was the first 170 incomings all from sposoben. The other players to contribute sent later because they were at a closer range, by which time my tagger wasnt working as wasnt anyone elses. And it can be a little hard tagging a few hundred incomings individually and then differentiating between fake trains and trains close range. I agree evidently, my strong claims did not come through and you'll say im making excuses. But, everyones tagger stopped working. Not just my own. If i had i'd know where to dodge troops and when to snipe and more importantly what was actually required to be sniped. So I called it a night and went to bed early for once.

If a proper fight is what you wish for I could jump on an account today and noble towards you within the week. 4.4 million vs 80k player without a tagger and maybe 20k D total, of course it was going to be a run over. Regardless of skills nobody will hold up against that unless you sent ridiculous trains.

I can probably assume it wasn't your great leadership that created the op, last time people depending on you to lead you went red and got internalled :lol: -X- is definitely within safe hands.

I was never the duke of -X-. Not sure where you got that idea from. I wasn't then and I am not now. They are not "in my hands" lol. For someone who was actually in the tribe I would think you would know that... And **** happens Greg. Remember when you just so happened to quit the Hells Toy Master account right when everything fell apart in 4am? And in that case not only were you on the duke account but you were also the individual who caused every single problem that that tribe had. So lets compare our situations: I had some trouble and I went red. I was not the duke and I was not running -X-. If -X- was left without a leader at that time, there was a lot more to it than me not being there for a while. I am back now, my tribe is doing good and I am commenting to you as an individual, not representing my tribe. Now lets look at your situation: You make half the world hate 4am and put them in a bad position diplomatically, you alienate your members and cause your tribe to fall apart and then when all of your mistakes finally break 4am, you quit over being preached to if I remember correctly.

You are a hypocrite Greg. And now you are a hypocrite who can enjoy the rim. Or hop to another account and ruin that one too if you like. I was looking forward to finding out where you get your ego from. I certainly did not see any justification for it on this world :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Cruel. "Fear the quiet ones".... Why? They have yet to prove themselves.

Cruel has proven themselves on many occasions. This is before I joined so I'm speaking unbiasedly here. The same people that brought Cruel to the top are still here.

Now, before everyone gets all red-faced and cranky, realize that this post is subject to some bias and, like most other posts, some ignorance. I know nothing about Cruel and not a whole lot about Turtle. Normally there is no scarcity of information about the best tribes in a world though

You cannot overestimate or underestimate if you have no clue about the top 2 tribes in this world. You are not comparing or setting a base to compare with. You only mention the tribes you believe are overestimated (the tribes that are doing generally well) and indicate no tribes as being underestimate. From what you say, I feel like either you have very strict and biased judgments or just are very uninformed.

DeletedUser

Cruel has proven themselves on many occasions. This is before I joined so I'm speaking unbiasedly here. The same people that brought Cruel to the top are still here.
Many occasions you say. Would these be great victories that have somehow surpassed all external forum attention? So they took out some huge family of tribes at the beginning of the world. What have they done lately? By looking at the map it seems just securing their territory and some internalling. I respect them as a tribe because they aren't in a family, and obviously maintaining the #2 spot says a lot, but if you are going to say they have proven themselves on "many occasions" at least back it up with evidence. I notice no one else in your tribe feels like they have to speak up about this, which is good. Leadership who are strongly affected by what goes on on the externals probably shouldn't be in leadership. getting off track now lol

You cannot overestimate or underestimate if you have no clue about the top 2 tribes in this world.
Actually, zulu, that is the point of this thread. And anyone can reply to it with their opinion.

You are not comparing or setting a base to compare with. You only mention the tribes you believe are overestimated (the tribes that are doing generally well) and indicate no tribes as being underestimate.
There is little (to no) evidence that any tribes are underestimated right now. I believe 800813 could turn out to be the best team on this world, but when I think underestimated I think under-rated, and they get a fair amount of attention, being #3 and probably the most "at-war" tribe. No I haven't set a base to compare to, but I said "Normally there is no scarcity of information about the best tribes in a world though". There is hardly any talk of Cruel besides potential future outcomes, and all the talk of Turtle has a fairly negative sentiment (flamed)

From what you say, I feel like either you have very strict and biased judgments or just are very uninformed.
I already said my post was subject to bias and ignorance. Most if not all of the posts on this thread are. However if I am so uninformed then perhaps you can tell me what I am missing? Perhaps I am uninformed on all of your tribe's legendary victories?

DeletedUser

Many occasions you say. Would these be great victories that have somehow surpassed all external forum attention? So they took out some huge family of tribes at the beginning of the world. What have they done lately? By looking at the map it seems just securing their territory and some internalling. I respect them as a tribe because they aren't in a family, and obviously maintaining the #2 spot says a lot, but if you are going to say they have proven themselves on "many occasions" at least back it up with evidence. I notice no one else in your tribe feels like they have to speak up about this, which is good. Leadership who are strongly affected by what goes on on the externals probably shouldn't be in leadership. getting off track now lol
Cruel has showed up on many occasions early game against the Pig Family to aid Turtle. This was long before I joined and many of the players that won there are still here. Cruel finished off Closed quite easily and could've easily wiped the floor with the pthers even had they not joined Turtle.

My point is that many of Cruel members have individually proved themselves by reaching by playing in the core and managing to reach the top and keeping there. You can't take away from a players skill if they proved themselves early on and recently have not had much of a challenge. They are the same players that played beforehand.

Some people in Cruel still have to prove themselves but our tribe wouldn't be able to maintain 2nd place if they were not half decent.

Actually, zulu, that is the point of this thread. And anyone can reply to it with their opinion.

I did not lash at you for making your post. I respect your opinions and by at least addressing them I showed that I at least took them into consideration before replying. I simply critiqued it based on what you said. If you weren't ready for rebuttal than there was no point of voicing your opinions. That's the same as hiding behind your computer and getting angry when someone doesn't completely agree with you.

There is little (to no) evidence that any tribes are underestimated right now. I believe 800813 could turn out to be the best team on this world, but when I think underestimated I think under-rated, and they get a fair amount of attention, being #3 and probably the most "at-war" tribe. No I haven't set a base to compare to, but I said "Normally there is no scarcity of information about the best tribes in a world though". There is hardly any talk of Cruel besides potential future outcomes, and all the talk of Turtle has a fairly negative sentiment (flamed)
I don't usually talk on externals so I don't know much about how much info leaks out into forums. Cruel leadership is commendable based on the tribes I have been in. Even us tribe members don't know much of what leadership's plans are until they have made a final decision. That shows that they have good trust and think carefully before releasing info.

P.S If a declaration could make you the best tribe in the world, then Orc would be the best for declaring on CORE (and then even "beating them"). That hypothesis didn't hold out long.

I already said my post was subject to bias and ignorance. Most if not all of the posts on this thread are. However if I am so uninformed then perhaps you can tell me what I am missing? Perhaps I am uninformed on all of your tribe's legendary victories?
Hahahaha, wouldn't we all? I'm not much of a history person and neither am I here to embellish my tribe. A few of our players were part of smaller scaled war earlier in the game in the tribe RsPhx (now extinct) where we took over K46 before we joined Cruel. Tribewise, Cruel has remained off the radar intentionally. However, I don't think good tribes always needs legendary victories to be a force to reckon with.

My main point is:
Most of other people's opinions on Cruel are:

Underestimated - As they are "the quiet ones. beware of the quiet ones" or
Overestimated - They haven't really proven themselves war wise

These points are infact contradictory and stem from the idea that no one has the slightest clue to how good we are (except a handful that knows us). You can't underestimate or overestimate anyone when no one even estimates in the first place.

Likewise I responded to your post as I felt it roughly summarized the general perception on Cruel:

"I don't know much about them, but let's generalize a stereotype on them based on my own perceptions" XD

So before you ask me to show proof of my legendary tribe and all our accomplishments, show me proof that you even know anything about ours so we can at least have a decent discussion about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

our tribe wouldn't be able to maintain 2nd place if they were not half decent.
i already said this:
obviously maintaining the #2 spot says a lot
I never said Cruel were a bad tribe

That's the same as hiding behind your computer and getting angry when someone doesn't completely agree with you.
Your lengthy response would suggest you are more "angry" than me

P.S If a declaration could make you the best tribe in the world, then Orc would be the best for declaring on CORE (and then even "beating them"). That hypothesis didn't hold out long.
Where did this hypothesis come from?

So before you ask me to show proof of my legendary tribe and all our accomplishments, show me proof that you even know anything about ours so we can at least have a decent discussion about it.
No need, you summarised up Cruel's war accomplishments already (quoted below). I'm not saying they haven't done anything, just that they haven't really proven themselves as the world power that they are sometimes hyped up to be on the externals, hence why I said they may be overestimated. Maybe a better name for the thread would be overrated/underrated.
Cruel has showed up on many occasions early game against the Pig Family to aid Turtle. This was long before I joined and many of the players that won there are still here. Cruel finished off Closed quite easily and could've easily wiped the floor with the pthers even had they not joined Turtle.

No offense zulu but this exchange of posts is boring and arguably somewhat off topic. I can't be bothered continuing.

P.S. does the bit about Turtle in that last quote sound familiar? :D

DeletedUser108935

like greg said like eveyone all our srcpits stopped working had they not stopped we whoud still be there sniping all your trains. neither of us had the time to manully go through each attck etc.... but it was fun guess you think your gonn win the world now :D

enjoy your hugging.

Deems

DeletedUser

like greg said like eveyone all our srcpits stopped working had they not stopped we whoud still be there sniping all your trains. neither of us had the time to manully go through each attck etc.... but it was fun guess you think your gonn win the world now :D

enjoy your hugging.

Deems

Great players don't make excuses.

As for the overestimated, 4 of the top 5 are! 800813 are the only elite tribe in the top 5, and the other 4 will fall apart eventually. I don't see any "underestimated tribes" as no tribe outside the top 10 has the potential to challenge for the top spots without merging with each other, and in a #30 max tribe world it is impossible to do. Although if a few smaller tribes allied together and tried to take chunks out of Nanja and kaboom, they would succeed with ease, there are so many below average players in this world who are in the top #100

DeletedUser

You think that a couple of tribes allying themselves together, could take out Ninja and Kaboom? They wouldn't even be able to take out Kaboom, let alone both tribes..