Unethical Tactics

DeletedUser

I kinda disagree.

What if your in a war, but your too far to attack someone.
What about players who likes to be defensive?
They didnt proved themselvels yet?

Im just saying, having an ODA is great but it will not prove that you are worthy

It's actually that reason that I push that ODD can be just as good as ODA. Depends on where you're helping.

Though, overall ODA seems more respectable. A good 5-1 ratio, or even 3-1 is usually a sign of a decent player. Any less and you usually should not let them in your tribe. (OD overall I mean.)

As for the topic. Of course we do those things. Only way to get ahead in life is to "Lie, Cheat, and Steal.Viva la rasa." - Eddie Guerro

Last edited by a moderator:

GhengissKhann

I would say what I want to say, but I got an infraction for saying it so I can't, but if you were in my situation then you would be just as mad as me.

Gruenhagen

If ethical fighting was still practical, To this day in war two sides would line up from across each other and shoot.

GhengissKhann

Well generally thats what we do on TW...you send nukes and nobles with tons of fakes at people. You sometimes get a spy, recruit people from the other side. If they trust you for some stupid reason you can make them do stuff. Which is equal to gentlemens warfar...but you get some people who do stuff worse then that...stuff that I am not allowed to mention(*raises fist at moderator*)

DeletedUser

I love the idea of 'honor' in the game. Everytime I see it I just think 'sucker'!

Ok. That's not quite true, but it's a pretty good start point.

I don't hold with cheating (multi-accounting, flagrant mis-use of sat accounts and hacking) but the rest is fair game. Deception and Psy Ops are perfectly valid tactics, and using someone's greed against them is not only valid, but frequently extremely entertaining.

I agree completely with earlier comments about NAPs. NAP in my book = Not Attacking Presently. I wouldn't back-stab an ally, but on practical rather than moral grounds. Sooner or later you're going to need an ally, and if you've got a history of shafting your allies, when you need one most you won't find one.

I've been on the receiving end of player poaching. Whilst it hurts, it's not something I can get shirty about either. Read Sun Tzu. 'True mastery in war is not to win 100 battles, but to win the war without having a single battle.'

DeletedUser

I love war.. it brings out the best in people :)
It also separates the superior from the inferior
even if this means stealing and lying.. cheating is a little weak in the game as everyone has already mentioned

DeletedUser

Basically, people will generally act the same way in this game as they will in real life. So, if the person is a coniving, backstabbing sob in real life, you can be pretty sure that he isn't going to play this game like he is a saint.

When it comes down to it, though, all's fair in love and war.

Now, about the ODA, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Any moron can through ten nukes at a stack and claim to be a great player. Late game, that is pretty much your only option, but early to mid game, the trick is maximizing your gains. Why throw away ten nukes on one village when you can noble the three or four other villages that are stacking that one?

Oh, yeah:

This isn't just a game - this is an investment

Dude, you seriously need to stop playing this game, and anygame like it, if you really feel that way. It can't be a healthy outlook.

DeletedUser

Dude, you seriously need to stop playing this game, and anygame like it, if you really feel that way. It can't be a healthy outlook.

One invests time and one invests money... o_O I don't see the problem... I reap the rewards in the form of recreational enjoyment.... It's not like i play this game 24/7.. I only play it 23/7 :)

DeletedUser

The truth is, TW players have been doing stuff like this since the beginning. Some of the greatest TW players made names for themeless because of their incredible ability to get players to do anything for them, like let them account sit only to find the next day that their tribe had been disbanded.

As unfortunate as it may seem, in the end its part of the game. If you want to really prove your worth, you don't need to hype yourself up on the externals, all you need is a high ODA rank.

no its not part of the game. the illegal account sitting can be punished if reported. but there is always chance of bending the rules. true players don't do it.

Darkknight758

One invests time and one invests money... o_O I don't see the problem... I reap the rewards in the form of recreational enjoyment.... It's not like i play this game 24/7.. I only play it 23/7 :)

Agreed if i didnt care about this game I wouldn't spend hours playing it or $ every few months to keep the upper edge. I honestly think of this game as a hobby and when i play I try to do my best I love getting mails from people crying about their villages getting nobled.

DeletedUser

You know, by the end of page two in a post on unethical tactics, I had hoped to pick up one or two more handy hints.... :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

You won't get the hints, moderators sensored the guy who was gonna share them ;)