Unit speed modifier?

Xudam

Does this combined mean that unit speed is 1?

SettingValue
Speed1.5
Unit speed modifier0.666

Server speed is 1/3 faster and unit speed is 1/3~ slower than 1?
Is spears for ex, 18 min/sqm ?

MR.MR

Close. .666*1.5=.999 so its about 1.6 extra seconds per field at ram speed if my mental math proves accurate. (Compared to true 1 speed).

DeletedUser

From what I know...

Speed relates to how fast village buildings build; and the total amount of resources per hour that the village mines can create when compared to a standard 1 speed world.

Example:
1 speed world - 2400 resources per hour from a level 30 mine.
1.5 speed world - 3600 resources per hour from a level 30 mine.
2 speed world - 4800 resources per hour from a level 30 mine.

Unit Speed Modifier relates to how fast troops walk across the map when compared to a standard 1 troop speed world.

MR.MR

The formula is World Speed (times) Troop Speed Modifier.

Falalarks post is accurate other than the last sentence of comparing to a 1 speed world. Its the above formula, as troop speed modifier 1.0 on a 1.5 speed world would have troops going faster than standard

DeletedUser

The .666 is infinite right? So in actuality .666.... (times) 1.5 should actually be 1 right? However based on the fact that rams/nobles gain an extra 2 seconds per field and spears/lc gain an extra 1 would prove that your formula with .999 is actually the way it is programmed.

I know that a while back I posted mentioning the fact that I really like the speed settings and someone said that because it comes out as 1 unit speed anyway its basically the same as any other world. I responded with the fact that other worlds with 1.5/1 would be 1.5 unit speed which means its actually quite different. Am I thinking wrong or is the unit speed in w75 indeed supposed to be slower than other worlds?

MR.MR

It is not infinite. It is .666, truncated at 3 decimal spaces. A normal 1 speed world is exactly 30 minutes per field by rams, and if you go to your map, look at the village next to yours and the walk time should be 30:02. The extra 1.7 seconds (rounded up) is from it being .666 and not truly 2/3.

It is -almost- the same as any 1 speed world, but just .1% slower.

Many worlds are troop speed modifier 1, and world speed 1. As explained above, its TSM*WS=Troop Speed. 1*1 = 1, 2*.5 = 1 and so forth. Any output that is greater than 1 means faster troop movements, and anything below one is slower troop movements.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It is not infinite. It is .666, truncated at 3 decimal spaces. A normal 1 speed world is exactly 30 minutes per field by rams, and if you go to your map, look at the village next to yours and the walk time should be 30:02. The extra 1.7 seconds (rounded up) is from it being .666 and not truly 2/3.

Odkipperoo said:
However based on the fact that rams/nobles gain an extra 2 seconds per field and spears/lc gain an extra 1 would prove that your formula with .999 is actually the way it is programmed.

Whole paragraph homie. I am aware it is not infinite, however it SHOULD be. The programming was just lazy.

DeletedUser

Either way my troops are walking way too fricken slowly for my liking.

It's like playing poker while popping some valium.

DeletedUser

I think I am ok with it. Last time I played was world speed 1, unit speed 2. Let me tell you what...there has never been another world with so much need to hide resources. Watching Farm 28/29/30 all queued and no academy yet was the MOST miserable experience I have ever had lol.

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Either way my troops are walking way too fricken slowly for my liking.

It's like playing poker while popping some valium.

I just send them off on long joyous adventures hoping they will return to see their families when they return. Sometimes my soldiers take great losses and we mourn for the families. Then we recruit even more troops from the surrounding fields to replenish the population in the village. While they are out, I sit in my castle alongside my trusty Paladin "Lord B.G.", and eat popcorn as I Skype with one of the fairest lords of the land, Sir Fark of the great and fearsome Noob Empire. By the time the lengthy conversations are over and I have rested for many days, my troops return, should any be alive, to give me a report of the adventures. After a short break, I give new orders to the men and women of my village that the next raiding party will be sent out the following day and the whole process starts all over again.

But yeah, the troops move slow. :p

DeletedUser

And....

I tell him to stop dribbling in my ear and for him to go fetch me an ale and a cute wench for the evening.
I also remind him that my name is King faaaaark and that my last diplomat was beheaded for getting it wrong.