University World(s): Biggest P2W World

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
So with 109 being only around two months old people are already starting to see the lay of the world.

The university idea was a good one to try and mix up the normal rune settings that were thrown out there to us the past several worlds. But with the university being put in place it started to instantly give the option of a way out. An out for fighting. Just turtle up and stack it and fund it.

The world settings for the university is that you only have to obtain one university and get it to max level without any interruptions and it can be fully built. Cats are the key to hitting the university to lowering the village levels. Yes you can not build a wall in the university, that does offset the settings on it a bit. But lets break everything down to understand how poorly this system can be abused.

1. The university is mainly based on resource income. Which 5 years ago people would be looking at each other considering how well this will work out.
2. Stacking the university to prevent catting.
3. Making sure enemies aren't around the university to cause issues.

So lets break down how #1 can be abused:
August 1st an event was dropped that is easily abused using premium (can't remember event name). This event allowed people to stock up on several warehouse boosters to boost their villages after warehouse was raised to 30 and getting a HUGE bang for their buck. Some people are still sitting on some of these warehouse boosters (including myself 300%+). Shortly after that event there was another event (barricade battle) around the 14th that also had MORE resource packets. So if the people missed the first event they'd have to spend a little more premium to get more warehouse boosters than the first event but still 100% do able. If that wasn't enough; they then dropped war packages that allowed straight cash for warehouse boosters and came with multiple other things. Still not pleased with the amount of warehouse boosters that has been made obtainable in the two month span? Here have a third event. Congrats there's more resource packages in it.

Now for #2 stacking:
Stacking the university is pretty much a downhill spiral of the first abuse method of maxing warehouses and using resource packs. So with the previously mentioned events flag boosters have been thrown out there like candy. Making the minting to obtain villages for the stacking easily obtained. The stacking for a university will logically come from a tribes backline. So they won't have incomings needing to pull their defense etc and leaving the university stacks in place. Image below to help get an understanding on the meaning of backline stacking. Yes I know allies can't stack the university as its only able to be supported by tribe members. But cycling members in and out of the university tribe to get stacks in place is do able.
7d79819e1e150f24505bbf1e441ec4f4.png

Now for #3 no enemies:
The university locations are at each border. Typically every world some tribe or another demotes themselves as the kings of the K. Thus being said they begin clearing their own continent setting diplo in place with neighboring tribes to prevent unneeded wars at the time and tribes coming into another K etc. So the typical tribe proposal for these diplos are no nobling or recruiting in each other continents. So in a basic world its typical for 4 major tribes to own a K each before pushing one another. Meaning that each of the 4 major tribes will be bordering 2 of the universities. In Toxic's position we have a strong dominance in the 45/55 university (pic below for easy access viewing). So once it was time for us to push the university area to put ourselves in place for one we did recruit Buku. As this is a church world, typically one player will have the area surrounding it. And it happened to be buku, whom I got along with very well with from our first talks I think. Buku is a huge account due to the flawed events and methods that inno has put in place for us to abuse. So with recruiting him we took a huge area around the university. Currently there's only one person 80k points in a tribe of his own in the area that can potentially do harm to the university but we still have 13 days until the universities open up.
2373629b33c0527118e35d9da6fe45db.png

So lets do some math now shall we?

University build times:
d7cc636e7f84a71d5d82e02215b9e60a.png

Which will take 42.5 days to build the university WITHOUT interruptions. Meaning that by November 11th the world can POTENTIALLY be closed. Now I'm sure some people are about to throw the red flag on the "what if's" that could be played out.

So this worlds MAX noble distance is 40hrs. Meaning that 2/3 major tribes on the world right now CAN NOT reach this university through walking duration of nobles. So that leaves only nuking it to death as the option. This is what leads me to my next math equation:

Of the picture listed above of Toxic's backline there are well over 100 villages there. So we'll gamble that 100 of those villages are defense. Each defense village having a 20k pop troop build potential. 10k spear/10k sword roughly. That's literally 1m each spear/sword that can be thrown into the university DAY 1 of opening. Cut it in half? 50 villages? That's 500k/500k of PROTECTED toxic villages that can not be touched by anyone. With another 13 days to keep pumping barbs and def.

Now lets do some math on resources. Lets say we have 50 active villages that will be constantly sending resources to the university due to the over stock of the resource packs. I'm currently sitting over 300% and around 50 villages with all almost maxed warehouses. 50villages*100%=20m resource of each. Meaning that I can send a total of 180m resources as of right now. Now lets throw Darrens account (me myself and I). Who has around 150 maxed warehouse villages with over 800%. That's 480m EACH RESOURCE. 1.4b resources he could send right now. That's just 2 accounts of toxic. 2 months into the world. Imagine if we hold off for another 2 events at this rate we'll be sitting on way more villages each and making our res packs hit so much harder each pop.

I understand that a few people are upset about how I went about things; cherry picked a few people out of tribes and took in the better bigger P2W players. I admit my fault for playing along to terrible world settings. But I was looking out for my guys. Making sure that their efforts wouldn't fall on a lost cause incase other tribes started pushing their universities.

This world has been a joke since day 1. If staff cares anything about TW's future at all they'll strongly reconsider proceeding another world with these settings. I know several people have yelled about the P2W mechanics and at this point I don't see inno caring enough to remove it because the amount of money they're milking from each world.

Everyone sees this world is a milk it world. We caught on months ago that they took P2W to a whole new level with this university stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if more res packs were dropped shortly after universities were opened to try and get people to get more res packs to try and pump their res into it.

This world can literally be the shortest lived TW world known. Start to finish in 4 months. Without a single proper fight ever being had the whole world. This isn't tribal wars at all; my backline players can't even reach the frontline via nobles? You've literally made a sim city world with these settings. This has to be hands down the worst settings on any world in my opinion.

Start fixing things before its to late inno.

~Babin

DeletedUser111351

perhaps its not too late to change the world settings? might there be a soft fix that can make universities still a viable world....

Deleted User - 11501214

Are you sure the people at Inno didn´t sit down and calculate this through?The university resource cost might be so high that it is only realistically achieveable if your tribe owns most of the world. They could´ve estimated maybe 30k villages for 109, dominance usually is 70%. That´s 21k villages. So the cost to get lvl 30 university is like 10 full warehouses (roundabout 2 months of 20% boosted production nonstop) of those 21k villages. Would be 84b each. To get level 29 like 9 full warehouses of maybe 19,5k villages (65%), so 70,2b. To get 28 like 50b and so on. That way -just like with that other "new" win condition- the only scenario where the win condition is actually deciding is when the last two competing tribes are in a deadlocked war for about a year (or maybe if one tribe decides to spent upwards of 50k on an event) where nobody is able to gain bigger amounts of ground.

DeletedUser

Don't forget about morale! A super stacked village can hold off every nuke in the world. At 30% morale it really doesn't take that many troops at all. Normal attacks won't be touching the university, period.

Enter the strongholds. It takes a super nuke to catapult through a super stack. The cherry on top is that these ignore morale. But it gets even better - valor gives a bonus for attacking bigger tribes.

Create a new tribe with just the low-points uni holder and the backline guy supporting them to mitigate valor bonus others would get. Splinter off the big spenders into their own tribes to build some maxed-out strongholds, ensuring you win the race. Man that's a lot of res packs.

rich.png

.Yoda

So with 109 being only around two months old people are already starting to see the lay of the world.

The university idea was a good one to try and mix up the normal rune settings that were thrown out there to us the past several worlds. But with the university being put in place it started to instantly give the option of a way out. An out for fighting. Just turtle up and stack it and fund it.

The world settings for the university is that you only have to obtain one university and get it to max level without any interruptions and it can be fully built. Cats are the key to hitting the university to lowering the village levels. Yes you can not build a wall in the university, that does offset the settings on it a bit. But lets break everything down to understand how poorly this system can be abused.

1. The university is mainly based on resource income. Which 5 years ago people would be looking at each other considering how well this will work out.
2. Stacking the university to prevent catting.
3. Making sure enemies aren't around the university to cause issues.

So lets break down how #1 can be abused:
August 1st an event was dropped that is easily abused using premium (can't remember event name). This event allowed people to stock up on several warehouse boosters to boost their villages after warehouse was raised to 30 and getting a HUGE bang for their buck. Some people are still sitting on some of these warehouse boosters (including myself 300%+). Shortly after that event there was another event (barricade battle) around the 14th that also had MORE resource packets. So if the people missed the first event they'd have to spend a little more premium to get more warehouse boosters than the first event but still 100% do able. If that wasn't enough; they then dropped war packages that allowed straight cash for warehouse boosters and came with multiple other things. Still not pleased with the amount of warehouse boosters that has been made obtainable in the two month span? Here have a third event. Congrats there's more resource packages in it.

Now for #2 stacking:
Stacking the university is pretty much a downhill spiral of the first abuse method of maxing warehouses and using resource packs. So with the previously mentioned events flag boosters have been thrown out there like candy. Making the minting to obtain villages for the stacking easily obtained. The stacking for a university will logically come from a tribes backline. So they won't have incomings needing to pull their defense etc and leaving the university stacks in place. Image below to help get an understanding on the meaning of backline stacking. Yes I know allies can't stack the university as its only able to be supported by tribe members. But cycling members in and out of the university tribe to get stacks in place is do able.
7d79819e1e150f24505bbf1e441ec4f4.png

Now for #3 no enemies:
The university locations are at each border. Typically every world some tribe or another demotes themselves as the kings of the K. Thus being said they begin clearing their own continent setting diplo in place with neighboring tribes to prevent unneeded wars at the time and tribes coming into another K etc. So the typical tribe proposal for these diplos are no nobling or recruiting in each other continents. So in a basic world its typical for 4 major tribes to own a K each before pushing one another. Meaning that each of the 4 major tribes will be bordering 2 of the universities. In Toxic's position we have a strong dominance in the 45/55 university (pic below for easy access viewing). So once it was time for us to push the university area to put ourselves in place for one we did recruit Buku. As this is a church world, typically one player will have the area surrounding it. And it happened to be buku, whom I got along with very well with from our first talks I think. Buku is a huge account due to the flawed events and methods that inno has put in place for us to abuse. So with recruiting him we took a huge area around the university. Currently there's only one person 80k points in a tribe of his own in the area that can potentially do harm to the university but we still have 13 days until the universities open up.
2373629b33c0527118e35d9da6fe45db.png

So lets do some math now shall we?

University build times:
d7cc636e7f84a71d5d82e02215b9e60a.png

Which will take 42.5 days to build the university WITHOUT interruptions. Meaning that by November 11th the world can POTENTIALLY be closed. Now I'm sure some people are about to throw the red flag on the "what if's" that could be played out.

So this worlds MAX noble distance is 40hrs. Meaning that 2/3 major tribes on the world right now CAN NOT reach this university through walking duration of nobles. So that leaves only nuking it to death as the option. This is what leads me to my next math equation:

Of the picture listed above of Toxic's backline there are well over 100 villages there. So we'll gamble that 100 of those villages are defense. Each defense village having a 20k pop troop build potential. 10k spear/10k sword roughly. That's literally 1m each spear/sword that can be thrown into the university DAY 1 of opening. Cut it in half? 50 villages? That's 500k/500k of PROTECTED toxic villages that can not be touched by anyone. With another 13 days to keep pumping barbs and def.

Now lets do some math on resources. Lets say we have 50 active villages that will be constantly sending resources to the university due to the over stock of the resource packs. I'm currently sitting over 300% and around 50 villages with all almost maxed warehouses. 50villages*100%=20m resource of each. Meaning that I can send a total of 180m resources as of right now. Now lets throw Darrens account (me myself and I). Who has around 150 maxed warehouse villages with over 800%. That's 480m EACH RESOURCE. 1.4b resources he could send right now. That's just 2 accounts of toxic. 2 months into the world. Imagine if we hold off for another 2 events at this rate we'll be sitting on way more villages each and making our res packs hit so much harder each pop.

I understand that a few people are upset about how I went about things; cherry picked a few people out of tribes and took in the better bigger P2W players. I admit my fault for playing along to terrible world settings. But I was looking out for my guys. Making sure that their efforts wouldn't fall on a lost cause incase other tribes started pushing their universities.

This world has been a joke since day 1. If staff cares anything about TW's future at all they'll strongly reconsider proceeding another world with these settings. I know several people have yelled about the P2W mechanics and at this point I don't see inno caring enough to remove it because the amount of money they're milking from each world.

Everyone sees this world is a milk it world. We caught on months ago that they took P2W to a whole new level with this university stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if more res packs were dropped shortly after universities were opened to try and get people to get more res packs to try and pump their res into it.

This world can literally be the shortest lived TW world known. Start to finish in 4 months. Without a single proper fight ever being had the whole world. This isn't tribal wars at all; my backline players can't even reach the frontline via nobles? You've literally made a sim city world with these settings. This has to be hands down the worst settings on any world in my opinion.

Start fixing things before its to late inno.

~Babin

lol stop complaining, its pretty obvious -fire- is gonna win.

world win was posted day 1, deal with it

Dead

I respect you for posting this Babin. You acknowledge the flaw in the world win conditions and admit to employing some questionable tactics.

I hope that Inno look closely at this world and use it as an example of a failing project. When there are players with 1mio+ points eating noobs and casuals on the rim (many of those fresh from bp) just a couple of months after the world release we have big problems.

Salvador Dali

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Well written post and indeed a deeply flawed world. I hope there will be a serious war or TW has turned into a joke.

@InnoGames start caring about your community and stop milking this game for money.

Jeffrey Woods

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Well written post and indeed a deeply flawed world. I hope there will be a serious war or TW has turned into a joke.

@InnoGames start caring about your community and stop milking this game for money.
Including having every 50th world as a classic / semi-pp world is also quite a joke, I agree with Salvador about how Innogames desperately wants to milk this game out, if you want to save Tribalwars and its players which is already a dying breed then stop making it so damn obvious that ya'll are milking 100% for money and start progress it back to get players to play the game..

Michael Corleone.

Including having every 50th world as a classic / semi-pp world is also quite a joke, I agree with Salvador about how Innogames desperately wants to milk this game out, if you want to save Tribalwars and its players which is already a dying breed then stop making it so damn obvious that ya'll are milking 100% for money and start progress it back to get players to play the game..
They don't want to save TribalWars.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It's an old game with a dying community. They're going to milk it dry.

Deleted User - 11501214

10 full warehouses is nothing
10 full warehouses of 21k villages is quite a lot. It´s 250 times what your supposedly biggest player with the most spent pps on the last events could create through your method. Kinda sad that you write a post that long complaining about stuff on the premise that Inno did not think this through at all and when someone points out your premise is wrong you ignore it.

Also: Creating an endgame that will make the server last only 4 months and milking the players as much as possible are two contradictionary goals.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
10 full warehouses of 21k villages is quite a lot. It´s 250 times what your supposedly biggest player with the most spent pps on the last events could create through your method. Kinda sad that you write a post that long complaining about stuff on the premise that Inno did not think this through at all and when someone points out your premise is wrong you ignore it.

Also: Creating an endgame that will make the server last only 4 months and milking the players as much as possible are two contradictionary goals.

Its not when you consider that probably 50% of total pp spending is likely in the first month of a world.

Hyperbole but you get the point

Deleted User - 11501214

Did Inno release an official number on that or is this just a guess on personal experience?

It´s very hard to grasp how much the newer players that cash in and get crushed after a few months by more experienced players spend. I´ve heard of somewhat new people that spent about 3000€ but they lasted formore than half a year in the Top 20 with that amount. So judging by that there cannot be that many new people that spent this much because it should make them last quite long and there aren´t enough "new names" even around the Top 50 on the servers I played and observed. Thats why I don´t see how the spending of the "true" whales over like 1.5 years and therefore about a dozen events would only be equal to that spent at the start. I also don´t see why you would cut a large amount of your revenue by letting servers end within 4 months when you can just like, not do that. Or do you think people will invest as much or even more in the first few events of the server to push university level as they would in the other 10 events that come with longer servers? I doubt that because many whales have like 100-200€ of disposable income each month that they will spent over a servers length (so like 1500-3000) but could not afford to spent that or an even larger amount during 4 months.

jaxx haxx

After Babins eloquent post, I'd like to say he was right.

UK W45 has just ended, the rank 2 tribe won due to upgrading their University to level 30 8hrs before the rank 1 tribe. This tribe was comfortably second best but had more construction boosts.

Something Inno failed to mention in the wiki is that inventory, pally and tribe construction buffs all reduce the time of the uni. This meant that it took around 3 weeks to build from 0-30 instead of 42 days.

Plus, once you stack the Uni its impossible to destroy even with stronghold nukes etc. Its so easy to defend, the university system is broken and should never be used by Inno again.