Unofficial Blog Idea

DeletedUser

I'm starting this post to gauge if people would be interested in me writing an unofficial blog/fortnightly review of the world as it stands. I'm sure most of the experienced players will have come across something similar in the past and will know the format, but for those don't it would include:

+ Updates on current leading tribes
+ War reviews etc
+ Interviews (if people will talk to me) about wars
+ Insights into any intrigue that is raised to my attention
+ Some badly put together maps

If people would be interested, or want to write it with me (would be cool to have two or three people writing stuff and then collate them into one big blog so you have juxtaposition of views and so forth) or think its a crap idea, give me a heads up and I'll either go cry in a corner, or start putting something together.

I should warn you, I am dyslexic and although I try hard with my grammar, spelling and punctuation, sometimes things slip me by, and so if you're uncomfortable with the occasional (or possibly regular) missuses of apostrophes, or spelling mistakes then maybe say now and stop me before I put any effort into this.

MR.MR

I won't commit to a regular schedule but you can probably talk me into writing a few OpEds here and there

DeletedUser64969

I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago, be a great idea.

DeletedUser103352

Yes please! Just don't disappear after a few blogs like a certain Llama I remember :D

Edit: Also if you need any maps done message me and I'll be happy to deliver. Just require a little heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

great idea ! I offer to help with the editing (spelling). send me what u have written for review and corrections.

DeletedUser65288

Yeah just don't stop after 3 blogs like UBM in 73 lol

DeletedUser107718

Sure as long as you include the top 5 or in a while top 3

DeletedUser

Well, seeing as how there has been a positive reaction I will start putting it together. I have a fairly busy week ahead of me, so I will do what I can but it will likely be next Monday/Tuesday that I post the first edition.

If people have anything they would like me to include, or would like to contribute things then feel free to PM me on here, or in game on 75 you can find my name in my signature.

Also if you would like me to try out my journalist skills and attempt to get interviews with a certain tribe/tribes then send me a message and I will do my best.

As to the 'don't do one then go awol' as long as I am playing the world, I will keep doing them.

DeletedUser103352

Like I said whenever you need a map done I'm your guy ;) For the first edition I would start of with just a basic overview of what happened since the beginning of the world, Top 10 breakdown, Pre-Made list and interview, etc. Don't focus on specifics like wars and skirmishes. There will be plenty of time for that ;) Let this be an introduction for what is to come. I will also be fairly busy this week but if you ever need anything done, feel free to message me here, IGN (AngryPotato ask for Sean) or on skype. There is a link to mine to the left of this post under my avatar. I enjoy writing and the English language but didn't want to commit to something like this, but I could surely help out here or there.

-Sean

BGeorge3

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Hello all, we are currently working on the blog. We plan to release the first edition in the next couple weeks hopefully (an estimation given r.l. commitments alongside the interviews, editing, and maps that will need done). We hope you guys will enjoy what we are working on. The current unofficial blog staff is:

General.Ali
BGeoge3
Biologics

DeletedUser

Further to George's post, if we can get interviews and so forth sorted we would love to have the first edition out in this week. So far people have shown a real interest and hopefully it will offer some interesting and different reading.

DeletedUser115443

You have way too much time on your hands... find another hobby

DeletedUser64969

have to interview all the top 25 leaders, and top 25 players, then the promisign tribes/players not in the top 25 (obviously will have to be done by demand), do like 1/2 player/tribes per interview then have a segment looking into the top world topics and any drama and world maps ect, and if there's any new features get peoples opinions on it ect, even do a couple of votes on things, just something interesting to make it stand out from the other blogs.

DeletedUser

have to interview all the top 25 leaders, and top 25 players, then the promisign tribes/players not in the top 25 (obviously will have to be done by demand), do like 1/2 player/tribes per interview then have a segment looking into the top world topics and any drama and world maps ect, and if there's any new features get peoples opinions on it ect, even do a couple of votes on things, just something interesting to make it stand out from the other blogs.

That would be a newspaper......

You have way too much time on your hands... find another hobby

Just graduated Uni and have been given a scholarship to do my masters in September. Go figure, got a fair amount of free time.

DeletedUser

Congrats Ali ! Would not mind editing for grammar, spelling if u need it. Also, an interview might be nice, seeing as I am probably the oldest player here !:icon_eek: