• I dont know what morale is :|

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Meh dont care either way..

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There is no difference in removing morale to getting cheap nobles, all both things do is lower the cost of resources per village taken.

I run out of nobles so quick now that to be honest I have no problem in taking 20 nukes to gain more villages if & when I need to. Sure at present I do not need to often.

Its not as if your tribe give anything to this world but take up room on the rim.

spacemanspiff92

just like PnP
personal attacks instead of discussing my main point, in that everybody has an equal say.
you big guys are being completely selfish, not even factoring in the 'noob' outlook, and staying closed minded to it.

Give me 5 examples of 'noobs' who should not have morale so that they can be 'destroyed' quicker

You know, I bet you I could've easily joined ARG! in my early days... think about how much more different things would be
You would've seen me as an equal, instead of a 'whining' rim noob.
Keep that in mind.
My knowledge of the game is not any less then yours, believe me. I'm not a fool
My opportunities are simply different.
I think that is quite obvious

@alexwong
you literally don't know anything about our battle front, so buzz off
do you not see how arrogant you could be perceived? asian, right?
i'm literally trying not to making any personal attacks on you.
i'm trying to create an argument in which we can discuss, and we can, like normal people, decide who's right
if you prove yourself to be right, I promise I will succeed and admit it.

@shtaal
We're all playing the same game. we're all putting the same type of time. we're all doing essentially the same thing.
Yet we're ostracized based on size.
http://www.twstats.com/en21/index.php?page=player&id=3362354&utm_source=en&utm_medium=player&utm_campaign=dsref
You show no motivation to grow, should that mean TW should add in EXTRA morale, where smaller players get 200% morale against your troops? Wouldn't that make sense, based on the logic that is currently being presented?

I'm not trying to make any extra enemies here, I actually like you, shtaal, your blogs were fun to read.
Plus I love your signature. Pastafariasm is a great religion

@busamad
you are right about your nuke/noble ratio
although I think if you had more defense villages, your noble problem would go away. i'm assuming you can't make nobles because you constantly have to use resources to rebuild offense. Your ODA climbs on average 3 milo a week, but you did have a period of no growth, which would have been perfect for investing noble packets. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, everybody needs a break.
With your 20 spare nukes though, you could easily take out a small player even if you have 30% morale

What does your tribe give to the world, pray tell?

@general population
My key seems to have been neglected...
KEY: nobling barbs doesn't give you troops. It actually makes you lose troops. Because you have to spread your troops around. If PnP simply sent trains to EVERY single village of these "small" players, I'm sure you could get 10 nukes and 3 trains to every village. There's simply no way a newly nobled barbarian village could rebel.
You guys aren't putting enough time into the game to defeat the smaller players. So you want morale to be removed so it is easier for you.
It's just as hard for you to noble us small players, as it is for us to noble you big players. Morale makes it even

alexwong

just like PnP
personal attacks instead of discussing my main point, in that everybody has an equal say.
you big guys are being completely selfish, not even factoring in the 'noob' outlook, and staying closed minded to it.

Why should the pros listen to a noob (like you) who dont know about the game?
Yes, I'm selfish because I dont have all the time to teach you. teaching a noob is wasting time. :icon_twisted:

You know, I bet you I could've easily joined ARG! in my early days... think about how much more different things would be
You would've seen me as an equal, instead of a 'whining' rim noob.
Keep that in mind.
My knowledge of the game is not any less then yours, believe me. I'm not a fool
My opportunities are simply different.
I think that is quite obvious

Oh my god. If you can 'easily joined' ARG!, how come our dear backie/midnight/dulcy never recruited you?
face the truth, you are just a rim noob!

@alexwong
you literally don't know anything about our battle front, so buzz off
do you not see how arrogant you could be perceived? asian, right?

Arrogrant or not, I'm never a nice gentleman to my enemies.
There is one thing I definitely know.. we beat the poo out of you! you are pawned!

My key seems to have been neglected...
KEY: nobling barbs doesn't give you troops. It actually makes you lose troops. Because you have to spread your troops around.

Wow!! the noob was spoken. All should bow and listen. It must be a feat to defeat those barbs! :lol::lol::lol:

spacemanspiff92

Why should the pros listen to a noob (like you) who dont know about the game?
Yes, I'm selfish because I dont have all the time to teach you. teaching a noob is wasting time. :icon_twisted:

how am i a noob? tell me exactly how that is

Oh my god. If you can 'easily joined' ARG!, how come our dear backie/midnight/dulcy never recruited you?
face the truth, you are just a rim noob!

because i didn't want to join, obviously, fool

Arrogrant or not, I'm never a nice gentleman to my enemies.
There is one thing I definitely know.. we beat the poo out of you! you are pawned!

hitler wasn't very gentlemanly to his enemies, either...
not many people like hitler
he was a very lonely man
ended up killing himself

Wow!! the noob was spoken. All should bow and listen. It must be a feat to defeat those barbs! :lol::lol::lol:

again, i didn't ask for that
you should let midnight speak for PnP, you're doing a horrible job, and you're making yourself and PnP seem childish.
Do you know why you should never boast or brag? Because on the off chance that you fall from the king of the hill, you will look like the most ridiculous fool ever.

by the way, it took you around 10 minutes to type that post up... thinking of something to say?

alexwong

You are the one making yourself a fool here.

I can see why you spend so much time in the forum than the game. hahahaha!!

You cant run away from your failure.

spacemanspiff92

in order to avoid your flaws, you shove them on me, and try to point out flaws from me.
i spent the last 20 minutes in the forum, and noticed when you entered, to when you made your post

i'm in china currently, it's 9:36 AM, I'm waiting for my driver to come so I can go to mcdonalds.
sorry I have nothing better to do, besides watch chinese television

You will fail to describe how I'm failing, or how I'm a noob.
Do tell.

alexwong

A noob is a person who really sucks at a game but refuses to learn/listen to people who are skilled. Many of them may have been playing the game for a while, but still suck at it. They usually have no hope.

Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people of hacking (cheating/bullying).
-urban dictionary

Fits into you very well. :lol::lol:

DeletedUser

in order to avoid your flaws, you shove them on me, and try to point out flaws from me.
i spent the last 20 minutes in the forum, and noticed when you entered, to when you made your post

i'm in china currently, it's 9:36 AM, I'm waiting for my driver to come so I can go to mcdonalds.
sorry I have nothing better to do, besides watch chinese television

You will fail to describe how I'm failing, or how I'm a noob.
Do tell.

I guess alex still has a valid point. That ARG! recruited, trained and groomed their members in the most efficient fashion. Meanwhile, about a similiar time, the TA/GA did nothing, preferring to pretend to be ARG!'s academy, recruit refugee's from all of the defeated tribes ARG! took down, then create expansively populated underling tribes ASA and SAS (on top of AAS, and my personal favorite ASS), then noble barbs, defend and do nothing.

This is what Alex is refering to when he calls you a noob as you did it all, you were at the helm, you made it this way.
We played the game as it was intended and always waged war.
You played the game as it was unintended and chose to run away.
You = Noob. We = Pro.

Is it clear now?

spacemanspiff92

i don't see how it fits.
pull real examples, proof, for how i am a noob

is it my points?
is it my OD?
is it the way i grow?
well? tell me

@midnight
are you kidding?
how many times have i told you we did NOT pretend to be your academy.
no... i played it as intended. i control a political area, and i chose the best interests for that area. why would i, as leader, wage war against a tribe 10x bigger, when it wasn't necessary?
unbeknown to me, ARG!/PnP was too cocky for their own good.
I always figured we could work something out, which is why I never declared war, or attacked. Of course, by the time we were the only ones left in the south-east, it was too late

If you were to lead my tribe, and apparently you're so pro, you would've led my tribe into war with ARG! and lost, and you'd be long gone from this world, say 2 years earlier. Face it

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you were to lead my tribe, and apparently you're so pro, you would've led my tribe into war with ARG! and lost, and you'd be long gone from this world, say 2 years earlier. Face it

That's true. There definitely would have been war with ARG!.
We may have won, we may have lost, it may have even ended in a stalemate/merge.

Who knows, but there definitely would have been war.
When a foriegn occupying force moves inside your borders, you expel them, not allow them room to breathe.

Not knowing this or failing to carry it out, is classic noob behaviour.

DeletedUser

Stay on topic.

Better late than never

Number of players: 598 (-100)
Total villages: 325.434 (+26)
Player villages: Player villages: 99.950 (-529)
Total Tribes: 64 (-14)
Tribes with points over 200: 51 (-13)

World population # of members
> 10 million points= 14 members
8-10 million points = 16 members
7-8 million points = 7 members
6-7 million points= 13 members
5-6 million points= 19 members
4-5 million points= 16 members
3-4 million points= 25 members
2-3 million points= 30 members
1-2 million points = 30 players
900,000-1 million points = 10 players
800,000 -900,000 points = 14 players
700,000-800,000 points = 15 players
600,000 -700,000 points =14 players
500,000-600,000 points =11 players
400,000- 500,000 points = 16 players
300,000-400,000 points =28 players
200,000-3000 points = 32 players
100,000-200,000 points = 43 players
90,000 - 100,000 = 9 players
80,000-90,000 points= 7 players
70,000-80,000 points= 6 players
60,000-50,000 points = 15 players
40,000-50,000 points = 7 players
30,000-40,000 points = 17 players
20,000 to 30,000 points = 20 players
10,000 to 20,000 points = 36 players
5,000-10,000 points = 24 players
98-5,000 points = 40 players
zero points= 10 players

We have the same number of players with less than 5,000 points as we have above 6 millions points in a world that has been open for 1065 days.
This world has 69% of the players having less than 1 million points, in other words, only 31% of the members are actually playing.

The sad fact is, 70% of this world is not playing. They are just logging in and if they find incomings, their big friends will pile on the support. These players are littered all over the map, and serve no purpose other than to slow our progress. Now, if a small player was genuinely playing and fighting all the time by all means give him morale benefit. But not dead wood.

spacemanspiff92

there you go, backwards :)
if a player has no growth in a week, get rid of morale for him. i think that's something everybody could agree on, but it'd be a pain i'd imagine for the staff to do

DeletedUser

There, you just built my argument nicely. I was waiting for that.

That is why morale needs to be removed. Period.

The ones that are indeed fighting back but small, are small because we made them small (e.g. aidyace). Having been top 20 or whatever, does he still deserve morale protection? For a world that is open for close to 3 years nobody has any excuse to be so small. If they are small its because:
1) they lost
2) their tribe failed them
3) they are not putting any effort into this. Its like giving a perfectly healthy person a crutch to help them walk.

Even rim players are suitably large if they put some effort into it, e.g. tactics in TA is nice and large, although I don't imagine he will be for long. The rim is no excuse for staying below 1m, or even 1.5m.

spacemanspiff92

heyhey don't get carried away
I'm arguing that if a player doesn't grow in a week, removing morale would be fair
But say a player is legitimately trying his/her best to grow daily.
Would it be fair to cut their gaming experience short, just because the bigger guys are impatient?
If a player really is such a noob that they can barely grow, then morale isn't even a big deal, because you could easily fake, nuke, and train them off the map in days

DeletedUser

I'm arguing that if a player doesn't grow in a week, removing morale would be fair
Again, the point stands, how could the moderators justify searching for that? They would either remove it or not.
But say a player is legitimately trying his/her best to grow daily.

How could you possible be sure of something like that???

Would it be fair to cut their gaming experience short, just because the bigger guys are impatient?

Would it be fair to allow them to slow down an already developed world when there are freshly undeveloped ones opening almost bi-weekly for them to join?

If a player really is such a noob that they can barely grow, then morale isn't even a big deal, because you could easily fake, nuke, and train them off the map in days

Beginner protection and morale make it a big deal.

spacemanspiff92

there you go, backwards :)
if a player has no growth in a week, get rid of morale for him. i think that's something everybody could agree on, but it'd be a pain i'd imagine for the staff to do

exactly midnight, it's too complicated, and not worth the hassle.
the original morale was put in place to create fair game play

the staff wouldn't go out of their way to remove it, just because some big guys in a world requested it

and as I argued earlier, wouldn't it also be fair then, to give super morale?
like 200%, even 300% for smaller member's attacks on bigger players?

DeletedUser

exactly midnight, it's too complicated, and not worth the hassle.
the original morale was put in place to create fair game play

the staff wouldn't go out of their way to remove it, just because some big guys in a world requested it

and as I argued earlier, wouldn't it also be fair then, to give super morale?
like 200%, even 300% for smaller member's attacks on bigger players?

If that were the case, then what would be the whole point of waging war?
If playing the game as it was designed (to take villages from other players) gets you no where, due to "super morale" then why play at all?

Everyone would leave the game, and the small guys who come and go and show zero commitment, would also drizzle up (not that any of them pay for premium anyways).

The game makers would make no money...

alexwong

What is fairness?

The poll have shown that less than 10% want the morale to stay. More than 75% voted for morale removal.

So, its only fair to remove the morale for the majority.

spacemanspiff92

the problem with your statement is, with the current way the game is designed, players that don't grow within a week, deadweight
the players that are complained against because it's so impossible to get rid of them, due to low morale
those players are actually easy to noble. they just require more troops. which you have. because you have more villages

doesn't the math just make sense? it really makes almost no sense, the way you guys are arguing it

and on the contrary, if you remove morale, you lose the smaller players.
but matt! smaller players don't buy premium! they don't contribute to the game maker's money! you're such a noob!
FALSE. [the office reference (american the office)]
Smaller players are just as important as bigger players for profit.
More players = more money from ads, more motivation for new players to try the game, a bigger and stronger community

you can't just pretend the noobs aren't playing the same exact game as you are. that's just being ridiculous

I'm digging this personal-attack free argument we're having, by the way, i appreciate it

@alexwong
you must keep in mind the poll is completely biased, the only people who read it/post in it are
PnP, Panda, Me, and maybe like 3 or 4 people every now and then that aren't in PnP and Panda. and more recently, that pest Asperra... haha

make an ingame poll. I guarantee the results will be almost completely flip flopped
as Backwards said, 69% have less then 1 milo. I guarantee everybody with less then 1 milo will vote no, probably some even larger players would vote no as well

and also, you never told me exactly what makes me a noob :)