Submitted Update to Sitter Permissions

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Right now, all tribe related stuff are all summarized under 1 checkbox when getting a sitter. This include getting access to just the Forum, Creating war and disband the tribe (if they the account have rights for it)

I suggest this permission is changed a bit, making it 3 different settings (or 3 choices in a dropdown list):

1) Seeing Forum/diplomacy (basically all checkboxes being empty under tribe rights.
2) Getting permission that the player has, excluding rights unique for Duke/Baron. (even if the account being sat is duke/baron)
3) Full permissions, including all unique rights for Duke/Baron. (eg kick players & disband tribe)

Just feel like its a bit much either giving all permissions or not seeing even forum at all whenever you ask for an account sitter or you having to remove rights everytime sit is needed.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Typical lazy work from inno and didnt realise this, meanwhile they need to vote for a change such as this only proves my first point.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Typical lazy work from inno and didnt realise this, meanwhile they need to vote for a change such as this only proves my first point.

Well it would be a bit biased if the Ideas & Improvement mod just auto accepted certain suggestions because they thought they were good, and put the rest through voting.

Tronjheim

Reaction score
I like this idea; it prevents things like what happened to Taxi in 108 when a rogue sitter disbanded the tribe

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well it would be a bit biased if the Ideas & Improvement mod just auto accepted certain suggestions because they thought they were good, and put the rest through voting.

But it's like you make cars and roads and you be like "Work is done" Great stuff, i admitt. But what about rules on the road`? Would you need to vote for that stuff?

It's a non question, it should be implemented or you can't use the system as it was intended

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
But it's like you make cars and roads and you be like "Work is done" Great stuff, i admitt. But what about rules on the road`? Would you need to vote for that stuff?

It's a non question, it should be implemented or you can't use the system as it was intended

Well without the voting process we wouldnt have people like @Elie and their suggestion on how to make this idea even better. Come here Elie, the stage is yours.

Elie

Reaction score
Even though I voted "No", I agree with the idea that more options for account sitting need to be added. However, I believe that the suggested settings did not cover all the scenarios.

In my opinion, a checkbox should be added for each of the following:
- Noble Planner
- Accessing forums and diplomacy page (these could be separate as well)
- Seeing shared commands
- Upgrading flags
- Using the privileges that the account has (disbanding tribe, kicking players, etc.)

If the last option is selected, a confirmation box should pop up when "Request sitter" is pressed.

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Even though I voted "No", I agree with the idea that more options for account sitting need to be added. However, I believe that the suggested settings did not cover all the scenarios.

In my opinion, a checkbox should be added for each of the following:
- Noble Planner
- Accessing forums and diplomacy page (these could be separate as well)
- Seeing shared commands
- Upgrading flags
- Using the privileges that the account has (disbanding tribe, kicking players, etc.)

If the last option is selected, a confirmation box should pop up when "Request sitter" is pressed.

Always wondered why some people vote no, as in they don't agree? Makes no sense, this makes it better, but you want to vote no towards it being no change at all.

I'm guessing you are into politic's Elie

seroxy5

Reaction score
I would also suggest check boxes for seeing hidden forums or not. Sometimes a regular member needs to sit a council member and it would be good to not let them see the council forum but still be able to use support forum

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I would also suggest check boxes for seeing hidden forums or not. Sometimes a regular member needs to sit a council member and it would be good to not let them see the council forum but still be able to use support forum
If you read my first post you see that it pretty much fits "perminssion #1" :)

Kubina

Reaction score
Also right allow use inventory should be updated to allow use inventory (without premium items)