Version 7.0

XxBRICKSTERxX

Any of you guys and gals check out the new version yet? Any idea when the update will come to W21?

DeletedUser84906

Wont be updated here for a while, as they are updating it on 52 just today.

I did try the new version, and to be honest, i do like most of the new features. But, i certeanly do not like others, so i hope they dot update it 100% of it here.

XxBRICKSTERxX

I like how they added the new pictures for units and reports. The new map features are pretty cool too. I don't like the new overveiw bar though, the red looks kinda ugly. I'm playing in W52 and most people on the externals there say that its a bit slower? I didn't see a difference.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
They claim its much faster than what it is now as you do not need to send info as often to the server.
I'ver been playing a couple of weeks now & to be honest every update since version 3 has made the game slower I see no need to improve the graphics never look at them anyway & from the poll in general not many others look at them often.

I also think the headings look ugly & make the screen look darker than is needed.

The map will be a problem as all map scripts will stop working with the update which is a big pain :(
Still to see how many more I will either have to re write or just chuck in the bin like on previous updates & they wonder why players are leaving this game.

scarlet ash

I prefer this version. What is more simple than just words and basic pictures. I think they have just tried to make Tribalwars look more "modern" to attract more people and at the cost of it the already working familiarity of what we have now. You don't need to fix what isn't broken kind of thing.

DeletedUser

I prefer this version. What is more simple than just words and basic pictures. I think they have just tried to make Tribalwars look more "modern" to attract more people and at the cost of it the already working familiarity of what we have now. You don't need to fix what isn't broken kind of thing.

I agree, I found the new setup obnoxious.

XxBRICKSTERxX

I just checked the map. Its all dark to simulate night and there are a few torches lit. Cool idea but kinda an inconvenience. Is it true that there was a fighting bonus for the attacker at night in some of the early worlds? I remember reading that some where on the externals.

DeletedUser

I remember that :)
I cant remember the percentage but i remembered that you would always time nukes and nobles to get the bonues :)

DeletedUser

I don't see anything in this new version that would make me want to play tribalwars more.
Essentially we just need more players in this game and better in-game moderation.

DeletedUser

I just thought I'd mention here, seeing as most of the worries are about the new layout, that there will be an official graphics pack released of the old setup; the new setup will be the default, but if you prefer the old, it will be available!

XxBRICKSTERxX

Thats reassuring. I'm starting to get used to it. As said before I like the new map features, but it sucks on my mobile.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I just thought I'd mention here, seeing as most of the worries are about the new layout, that there will be an official graphics pack released of the old setup; the new setup will be the default, but if you prefer the old, it will be available!

Thanks for the info we have not had a graphics pack that worked since version 5.5 I think which was just after the made a setting in version 5 to use the things.

I really look forward to this. Will it let me have an old style map as well?
As most of my worry is for all the map scripts that will be lost which I use to help manage my account.

DeletedUser

I don't know the full details of the pack that will be released, unfortunately, as i haven't seen it myself yet :p As far as I'm aware, there will be an announcement made about it when it is available.

With regards to scripts, I would say that there may be a number of scripts that stop working, since we have been told that they are rewriting a lot of code to make it more efficient. However,In my experience, when there is a change in code in TW, most of the more popular scripts get working adaptations within a few days of the update, so you shouldn't have too many problems.