very lowbudget

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
if we win good (low probability) if we lose (high probability) we will help ronin in winning,most importantly we will make sure that infect does not win it.:D.

if ronin and infect merges then we can do nothing about it :D

darkaniken2

Hey now folks, I think what Infect did was underhanded and a testament to their inability to actually fight a war on equal footing and a demonstration of their own lack of confidence they can win in a fair fight, but personal insults are uncalled for. Even aimed at Toll.

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Well isn't this something....A clear move that will live on in w70 infamy.

It is obvious that neither side are surprised by this move and to my eyes the only disputable thing here is the launch notice. And as an outsider, thats the main point of interest here.

LiriC has been at the helm of Infect for quite sometime and its only right that he made what he believes to be the right call for Infect so I do doubt the launch was as knee jerk as portrayed by some but I also believe the now w70 common 'cop-out' that DSy4 are the bad guys is just as doubtful.

To me, what is indisputable is that DSy4 still contains within its ranks some of the best and most dedicated players I ever had the pleasure of playing with and its for them that I decided to post here. I have no doubt that initial losses will be heavy but I am also well aware that to the core of DSy4, such losses are immaterial. I have seen first hand, on multiple occasions, just what certain members of DSy4 are capable of in the face of adversity. DSy4 shall go on to the end.

What is is undisputed is that no move is now below the belt. From here, every move on W70 is with world winning in mind. That said, I do believe that Infect have neglected the past and underestimated DSy4.....they have failed to comprehend that this declaration will be catalyst that launches DSy4's finest hour. What the core of DSy4 represents is the ability to strive on. No matter the situation.

For me, it will be DSy4 from start to finish.....and when the dust settles on the victory, I shall once more be proud to clap my friends momentous win.

Make no mistake, DSy4 has not lasted this long for recognition or a condescending "good effort".....this is, as its always been, about victory.

crisco

Hey now folks, I think what Infect did was underhanded and a testament to their inability to actually fight a war on equal footing and a demonstration of their own lack of confidence they can win in a fair fight, but personal insults are uncalled for. Even aimed at Toll.

I have given no personal insult to him
Just my knowledge of psychiatric experience of 30 years through his quotes on the forum

DeletedUser84494

It is a personal insult, Crisco. I find it very dubious that you are able to diagnose a mental disorder based on how someone plays a game. We all have a line that we consider uncrossable, and it is a line upon which most people will disagree. To some, that line is crossed only when breaking the rules of the game, to others it is crossed when breaking your word, to others when pulling tricks, or when using spies.

I can safely say that out in the real world I do not enjoy destroying someone else's hard work (which, when you get down to it, is what this game is all about: taking from someone what they have worked hard to gain). Out in the real world I do not set up spy networks. Out in the real world I tend to be somewhat more trusting that the person with whom I'm dealing has good intentions. I do not automatically assume that they are smiling because they want to buy a little more time before they destroy me.

While how we play a game can offer insight to how another person acts, and we have all met a player or two with clear signs of being emotionally disturbed, insight does not tell us about their last relationship, or what their long-term friends would say, or what they genuinely feel.

If you have decades of psychiatric experience then I trust that you are well aware of all of this. You probably also know that an online persona can be very different from how a person would truly act, feel, or say out in the wilds of the real world. What you are doing is hitting below the belt to insult someone. And, let's be honest, given how few people are genuinely familiar with the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath; one that is truly antisocial rather than avoidant, it's a pretty hollow insult to begin with.

You also probably know that publicly calling someone out for having a mental disorder can be dangerous. If you genuinely believe it, then you know it is a private affair and not ethical to make public.

At the end of the day we're all players. Use words to hurt - that is part of pnp - but don't make it personal.

I think most of us have given one another ample ammunition to slam the other over in-game choices without having to resort to digs at their private life.

DeletedUser

It is a personal insult, Crisco. I find it very dubious that you are able to diagnose a mental disorder based on how someone plays a game. We all have a line that we consider uncrossable, and it is a line upon which most people will disagree. To some, that line is crossed only when breaking the rules of the game, to others it is crossed when breaking your word, to others when pulling tricks, or when using spies.

I can safely say that out in the real world I do not enjoy destroying someone else's hard work (which, when you get down to it, is what this game is all about: taking from someone what they have worked hard to gain). Out in the real world I do not set up spy networks. Out in the real world I tend to be somewhat more trusting that the person with whom I'm dealing has good intentions. I do not automatically assume that they are smiling because they want to buy a little more time before they destroy me.

While how we play a game can offer insight to how another person acts, and we have all met a player or two with clear signs of being emotionally disturbed, insight does not tell us about their last relationship, or what their long-term friends would say, or what they genuinely feel.

If you have decades of psychiatric experience then I trust that you are well aware of all of this. You probably also know that an online persona can be very different from how a person would truly act, feel, or say out in the wilds of the real world. What you are doing is hitting below the belt to insult someone. And, let's be honest, given how few people are genuinely familiar with the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath; one that is truly antisocial rather than avoidant, it's a pretty hollow insult to begin with.

You also probably know that publicly calling someone out for having a mental disorder can be dangerous. If you genuinely believe it, then you know it is a private affair and not ethical to make public.

At the end of the day we're all players. Use words to hurt - that is part of pnp - but don't make it personal.

I think most of us have given one another ample ammunition to slam the other over in-game choices without having to resort to digs at their private life.

I think this is a timely & elegant response & thanks for posting it. It has sometimes surprised me to learn how many players who would say they had ishoooooooozzzzzzz, play this game & for all sorts of reasons including, they have said, therapeutic ones...One player told me their therapist approved & applauded their channeling of aggression into the game, as part of ongoing treatment. Which is very sweet imo. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Crisco...listen to Repo man. He is on point

And remember, if one thinks a game, any game, and the actions in said game that the sole purpose is to destroy others, is supposed to ahere to the same rules as RL, then that person, my friend, is the crazy one

As for general comments about Infect doing some underhanded stuff. I am not involved in any of the leadership business, but ive led many tribes, and i can tell you, there is a big difference between a NAP and an alliance. Alliance are brotherhoods.....two tribes always working together. NAPs are either strong or weak, and are ALWAYS in place because the one of the tribes dont want to deal with the other for either political; geographical; or strength reasons.

DSY claims that there was an alliance, but there is absolutely nothing that i have seen that backs up this claim outside of someone on the diplomacy page picking ally instead of nap with the other side. If you dismiss every other fact that proves that this was a NAP and not an alliance, you can look at the simple fact that "we agreed we will war and give 72 hr notice before said war". THAT is not an alliance. Allies NEVER war. That is resounding proof that at best, it was a strong NAP.

Therefore, because NAPs are in place for convenience and can be dropped for any reason without, there was nothing underhanded done by LirC. He chose to drop the NAP because it was not needed anymore

It is way to early to say that Infect will win the world, but i can say with a resounding fact that DSY wont....because in order to win you first have to attack the opponent ;)

DeletedUser

I have given no personal insult to him
Just my knowledge of psychiatric experience of 30 years through his quotes on the forum

I hope you have had a backup profession during those years....

DeletedUser

DSY claims that there was an alliance

When did DSy4 said that?

I don't think that DSy4 is saying that there was an alliance... I think we all know the difference between an alliance and a NAP (time to rest), the only thing that I feel is bugging DSy4 is the 72 hours period that was agreed upon and the infected refuse to comply (out of cowardly or strategy doesn't matter anymore).

I wonder how thing would have been if DSy4 was the one droping the NAP and attacked the infected?

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
When did DSy4 said that?

I don't think that DSy4 is saying that there was an alliance... I think we all know the difference between an alliance and a NAP (time to rest), the only thing that I feel is bugging DSy4 is the 72 hours period that was agreed upon and the infected refuse to comply (out of cowardly or strategy doesn't matter anymore).

I wonder how thing would have been if DSy4 was the one droping the NAP and attacked the infected?

Possibly the exact same way. We understand that the NAP was dropped, without a grace period, but honestly, how can you expect everyone to live by their word? If you are driving a car, you dont know any of the people around you, unless you have seen them driving around, but either way, you drive your car as if they can't be trusted, and in such a way that means if they mess up, then you are able to handle the situation without causing a crash. The same applies here, noone is a friend unless they are in your tribe, and even then some people have to be questioned.

I am sure, that if it was the other way round, and if DSY4 had planned the same thing, it would have been effective, however not as effective as many players would also be nuking Ronin. Whatever happens, no matter who did this or that, in the end, it will all boil down to who can outlast another, and who has the better players on the frontline, as DSY4 have already almost organised themself in such a way that villages are not being taken so readily.

Ali

DeletedUser

Possibly the exact same way. We understand that the NAP was dropped, without a grace period, but honestly, how can you expect everyone to live by their word? If you are driving a car, you dont know any of the people around you, unless you have seen them driving around, but either way, you drive your car as if they can't be trusted, and in such a way that means if they mess up, then you are able to handle the situation without causing a crash. The same applies here, noone is a friend unless they are in your tribe, and even then some people have to be questioned.

I agree with you on that...

We can't undo things now, so I will do my best in this world and hopefully I will learn something new the next couple of weeks/months...

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
We can't undo things now, so I will do my best in this world and hopefully I will learn something new the next couple of weeks/months...

I have been in the position of DSY4 before, while being under half of the size of the under tribe, and due to the organization within the tribe, we were able to pull through, win the war and eventually the world by 6x any other tribe's points. I am in infect, and obviously, i want us to win, however good luck to you guys, and i am very much looking forward to this war.

Ali

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I have been in the position of DSY4 before, while being under half of the size of the under tribe, and due to the organization within the tribe, we were able to pull through, win the war and eventually the world by 6x any other tribe's points. I am in infect, and obviously, i want us to win, however good luck to you guys, and i am very much looking forward to this war.

Ali

I agree with this. This can still be done. Obviously initial losses will be high. Apart from that from past experience of other worlds and looking at Infect's record so far in this world suggests that they are definitely one of best tribes of tw when it comes to skill and co-ordination. So this is far from over. I think the first 2 weeks will be important (as most of us were busy with ronin). I expect heavy losses for first 14-15 days.

DeletedUser

Sometimes, you can't fight on your own terms.
Sometimes you have to do things you'd rather not.
Sometimes you have to go all out in search of victory.
But no matter what happens:

Don't go

Don't stay
One way

Don't run

Don't hide
Untried

[SPOIL][VIDEO=youtube;oOFK5VMHQ4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOFK5VMHQ4o[/VIDEO][/SPOIL]
[SPOIL]Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called
Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead

Best,
You've got to be the best
You've got to change the world
And use this chance to be heard
Your time is now

Change everything you are
And everything you were
Your number has been called
Fights and battles have begun
Revenge will surely come
Your hard times are ahead

Best,
Your time is now

Don't let yourself down
Don't let yourself go
Your last chance has arrived

Best,
Your time is now[/SPOIL]​

DeletedUser

When did DSy4 said that?

Its a NAP (as youve said), therefore no agreement should be honored unless it benefits the tribe that wants to drop the NAP. NAP's tend to be mutually beneficial, but one side tends to always have more leverage than the other, and that leverage can change on a moment's notice. In this case, it was a perfect time for Infect to drop the NAP. Had the shoe been on the other foot, i wouldnt have complained because THAT is the game. If i dont like it, then maybe, as a leader, i should have worked on changing that NAP to an alliance. The fact that DSY didnt do that either shows arrogance or ignorance. Based on the comments ive read from Sidd....it appears to be ignorance

ce la ve

mattcurr

too much of a coward to fight Dsy4 with any kind of a warning

Now now now, we were winning our first war with you guys which you started by being dicks not you specifically. I hardly think since I left they came too afraid to fight the war we were winning and Omar and I decided to stop specifically because we knew that our front>your front. As was proven previously

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Its a NAP (as youve said), therefore no agreement should be honored unless it benefits the tribe that wants to drop the NAP. NAP's tend to be mutually beneficial, but one side tends to always have more leverage than the other, and that leverage can change on a moment's notice. In this case, it was a perfect time for Infect to drop the NAP. Had the shoe been on the other foot, i wouldnt have complained because THAT is the game. If i dont like it, then maybe, as a leader, i should have worked on changing that NAP to an alliance. The fact that DSY didnt do that either shows arrogance or ignorance. Based on the comments ive read from Sidd....it appears to be ignorance

ce la ve

I find it amusing how you draw an arbitrary line at an alliance

an agreement is an agreement period,if it's okay to randomly attack an nap despite having a negotiated grace period and a negotiated length to it just because you feel like it benefits the tribe then why exactly is it not okay to randomly attack an alliance as well?

your pragmatism strikes me as incredibly flaccid

Now now now, we were winning our first war with you guys which you started by being dicks not you specifically. I hardly think since I left they came too afraid to fight the war we were winning and Omar and I decided to stop specifically because we knew that our front>your front. As was proven previously

while i'm certainly not inclined to argue against rep being a dick lets be honest here,that previous war we had really wasn't much of a war

most of our better accounts 1: didn't even have a front with you and 2: were kind of busy fighting Smoke,who were..pretty big

Last edited:

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
DSY4 members. We have taken all of your complaints and filed them away in our MOST important "Will Never Read Folder".

BUT heres something to look at!
:icon_eek:

Side 1:
Tribes: Infect
Side 2:
Tribes: DSy4

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1: 625
Side 2: 437
Difference: 188

chart