Veteran here. . Need help !

DeletedUser121923

Hey guys. .
I played this game quite a while ago. I was part of two world winning tribes. Played under the leadership of The Almighty Core. . Also played till the end of a few others.
I would like to start playing again .
Need to know what are the changes that has happened over the years.
I joined W99 just to see and try and catch up with the changes before W100 drops.
If anyone wants to play W100 with a coplayer please let me know. :)

Any tips on the change of the game environment would also be nice.

Cheers !

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys. .
I played this game quite a while ago. I was part of two world winning tribes. Played under the leadership of The Almighty Core. . Also played till the end of a few others.
I would like to start playing again .
Need to know what are the changes that has happened over the years.

Welcome to W99. I'm from a bunch of worlds, in particular W9, and W38. I've been to 1m points, but never been part of a world-winning team before... though I did meet up with the W38 Domino guys for drinks IRL :)

Who did you play as previously?

I've only been on W99 for 48 hours, so here's what I've noticed:

1. Premium points used to be about making the game easier to play. Sadly, you can now spend them on actually rewards in-game. I think that's a shame, but understand why Inno have done it. You can, for instance, buy resources with PP.
  2. There are some "getting started quest" things. I ignored them at first, because I knew how to play... However, after about 24 hours I worked out that the in-game rewards were reasonably generous, and following the first dozen quests in order is quite a good way to ramp up.
  3. There's this "mentoring" scheme in-game. I asked this very question of my mentor, and the thing he flagged up was that there's now automation of sending noble trains... So those of us who grew up in tab-skimming no longer have quite the same advantage compared to noobs.
  4. There seem to be a lot more family tribes than I remember. I can't talk to how effective they are, but I assume they'll fall away in the mid-game but be useful in the early game to work out who can actually play.
  5. Buildings cost less than they used to at low levels, but more at high levels.
  6. There's a lot of complexity around paladins - from the basic pallys I remember from W9, through the "items" in W38, we've now moved to a "skills points". There's probably some subtlety there, but the most important thing is you can have more than one paladin.

There's probably more, but they are the key things I've spotted so far...

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Welcome to W99. I'm from a bunch of worlds, in particular W9, and W38. I've been to 1m points, but never been part of a world-winning team before... though I did meet up with the W38 Domino guys for drinks IRL :)

Who did you play as previously?

I've only been on W99 for 48 hours, so here's what I've noticed:

1. Premium points used to be about making the game easier to play. Sadly, you can now spend them on actually rewards in-game. I think that's a shame, but understand why Inno have done it. You can, for instance, buy resources with PP.
  2. There are some "getting started quest" things. I ignored them at first, because I knew how to play... However, after about 24 hours I worked out that the in-game rewards were reasonably generous, and following the first dozen quests in order is quite a good way to ramp up.
  3. There's this "mentoring" scheme in-game. I asked this very question of my mentor, and the thing he flagged up was that there's now automation of sending noble trains... So those of us who grew up in tab-skimming no longer have quite the same advantage compared to noobs.
  4. There seem to be a lot more family tribes than I remember. I can't talk to how effective they are, but I assume they'll fall away in the mid-game but be useful in the early game to work out who can actually play.
  5. Buildings cost less than they used to at low levels, but more at high levels.
  6. There's a lot of complexity around paladins - from the basic pallys I remember from W9, through the "items" in W38, we've now moved to a "skills points". There's probably some subtlety there, but the most important thing is you can have more than one paladin.

There's probably more, but they are the key things I've spotted so far...

Please tell me more about this automated nobling thing! Does this apply to all kinds of fakes as well? Or don't people even send fakes now? I don't know, I feel kind of lost now that I heard that.

DeletedUser121584

Please tell me more about this automated nobling thing! Does this apply to all kinds of fakes as well? Or don't people even send fakes now? I don't know, I feel kind of lost now that I heard that.

Only for nobles! If you want a fake train you gotta do it the old fashioned way...