Victory conditions

DeletedUser

To end the world everyone would need to agree to the conditions and then just stop buying prem and clicking adds at that point. :icon_razz:

As for what they should be.

Personally I think it should be when one tribe owns a large chunk of the world, and all enemies have either died off, or have given up. As long as there is still fighting to be done I think they should keep going.

If you look at the current state of w2 there is a family tribe that owns I would guess about 60% of the world, give or take, I have not done the stats for the info in a long time. Yes that could be said to be enough to end the game, and that all hope is lost, there are people still having fun fighting and defending their accounts.

And even if one tribe finishes in the terms I talked about in the first paragraph, I think that every member should be given the chance to possibly leave and create another tribe to fight from if they do wish to do so. :icon_razz:

But it does not matter, most likely by the time the world comes to an end this thread will be locked, or simply be faded away into the back threads of history that lay pages deep full of junk. :)

MichielK

While maybe something to think about, there's no way this world will be closed anytime soon...W1 has been around since 2006 and is still alive, albeit barely. :icon_wink:

To be frank, while Inno is still making money from a world (money from ads+premium - server and maintenance costs), the world will more than likely stay open. The only world where there have ever really been 'victory conditions' is the high performance (classic) world, which is restarted a couple times a year usually.

Agreed, though W16 is closer to single tribe domination than it seems. Four tribes really stand out in size, which means in theory it would take only 3 wars that end in a decision (victory or merger) for one tribe to have a commanding lead over everyone else. We're not talking 5 more years here, IMO.

Obviously, I'm not suggesting closing the world anytime soon, I just want a discussion on what situation would prompt a closing.

DeletedUser

Hey even if they did war it would be way to long per each war to even put it in the next 3 years time XD

DeletedUser

Hey even if they did war it would be way to long per each war to even put it in the next 3 years time XD

Do you purposely come here to depress me? =P

I want to get a life within a year or two :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Do you purposely come here to depress me? =P

I want to get a life within a year or two :icon_rolleyes:
He was speaking as if the wars started tomorrow. Since they won't happen for a long time, if ever, it could be much longer than three years.:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I'm not if this has already been asked, but is it possible there will come a point where the TW owners will say 'look your server isn't making us money, you have until the end of **/**/**** to decide a winner"?

DeletedUser

Its possible, but look at W1 and how few people they have. If that world is still open, it must mean TW is still making money from it.

DeletedUser

even better is the fact the newer worlds probably will be making enough money to keep this world alive even after it is past the point of positive gains. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser54400

even better is the fact the newer worlds probably will be making enough money to keep this world alive even after it is past the point of positive gains. :icon_razz:

given the speed of this world the new worlds will be long done before we ever reach that point ;)

DeletedUser

given the speed of this world the new worlds will be long done before we ever reach that point ;)
I wouldn't be surprised to see W27 end first. I stuck around for about 4 months after it started, which was more than most people. That experimental world was a complete disaster. I think there were actually more grey villages there than there are here when I quit.

MichielK

I wouldn't be surprised to see W27 end first. I stuck around for about 4 months after it started, which was more than most people. That experimental world was a complete disaster. I think there were actually more grey villages there than there are here when I quit.

What was so experimental about W27? I'm looking through the world settings, and can't find anything really weird there...it's pretty much our setup but quicker and with growing barbs.

DeletedUser54400

What was so experimental about W27? I'm looking through the world settings, and can't find anything really weird there...it's pretty much our setup but quicker and with growing barbs.

World 27 started with premade tribe from which no-one was able to leave for the first 3 months of the world or so. These tribes were randomly generated on start and players we're assigned to a random tribe upon joining.
The tricky part of that was that location had no influence on which tribe you joined so all tribes on the server were completely scattered around the globe.

DeletedUser

Tribes were pre-determined, dukes were elected a little while in, and tribes were fixed for 2 months. Shadow eventually took over, and is winning the world by quite a bit.

DeletedUser

The worst part about it was that it was completely random. You saw tribes of all newbs (not noobs) who really didn't have a clue and got squashed. Then you saw tribes that got a decent amount of experienced players that came out on top.

And then again it was luck too. Some tribes had almost no inactive/quitters. Others had 3/4 of their tribe quit in those first three months.

From beginning through early nobling stages, it was basically like you were alone and had to fend for yourself. You were lucky to have more than a handful of tribemates in your continent. So you saw a lot of one player just completely wiping out a 20x20 early on simply because he/she really didn't have to fear anyone getting support.

So many quit simply because they couldn't survive by themselves. Others because of the settings and locked tribes.

Then by the end of the three months, what tribes were really left as tribes didn't really work together. The players who had thus far been successful had started talking with surrounding players earlier on about forming tribes once the period was over. So three months ended and boom, the top couple hundred of players were in three or four tribes, while those left sat at the bottom with almost no way to work up.

So all in all it was a relative failure simply due to the high quitting rate of many players.

DeletedUser

I think there was another thing where dukes could mute players in the forum .

Correct me if im wrong

DeletedUser

That's wrong, what they usually did was make all forums hidden and give players they wanted quiet regular privs, and the rest got hidden privs.

DeletedUser

oh right, i remember some one complaining in the forums about there leader being paranoid and doing that

DeletedUser

Tribes were pre-determined, dukes were elected a little while in, and tribes were fixed for 2 months. Shadow eventually took over, and is winning the world by quite a bit.

most tribes in that world just declared on them like a week ago, but will no doubt lose.

DeletedUser

I saw that, and I post there :icon_wink:. Anyways, I think it will be first to finish as well.