Submitted Village Notes improvement

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like the village notebook feature to be overhauled to make it more useful for tribal use.

Currently, village notes are set up to be for 'solo use' but can be shared with others in your tribe. When you hover over a village on the map, it doesn't show you the other player's note unless you click on the village.

I would like to suggest changing it in the following two ways.

1) Players can choose to have 'personal village notes' or to use 'tribe village notes'.

-The personal notes can continue to be shared with friends and specific tribemates. This continues to work as it currently does.
-The tribe notes appear to everybody in a specific colour that, when you hover over it on the map, reads like your own village notes currently would. The added perk is that every member of the tribe would be able to edit the note (like a forum post where everybody is able to edit a post with forum moderator privileges). I would suggest an additional role be added within the tribe in the tick-box section to give players permission to edit village notes.

2) A section of the game where you can 'manage' village notes.

-Personal village notes would be able to all be seen here, with the village where the note is on shown, the continent, the owner of the village, what the note says and when it was last edited. The player name, continent and the date/time it was last edited would all be able to be ordered by clicking on the column header in a similar way to the overview screens. There would be a cross to the right-hand side to be able to quickly delete notes.
-Tribe village notes would be accessible via the tribe. The same features as above (again, actions limited dependent on if members have the role).

Potential problems & fixes
To avoid an issue when a player switches from personal to tribe village notes, I am envisaging their village notes 'carry across' to the tribe village notes for approval by a village note moderator, baron or duke. This would avoid personal village notes over-riding tribe village notes. They wouldn't appear on the tribe village notes unless approved.

Some players won't like to share their information with everybody in a tribe or would prefer to use their village notes for private/personal use and some tribes may not want to use this feature. As such, the option of having a personal or tribe village notes would be important alongside an aristocracy option of having tribe village notes enabled or disabled.