Failed Vote Village Points Change

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
The idea here is that when it comes to ranking that villages should only have a maximum number of points counted, for example 10000 points, or even just count the number of villages in the rankings after a certain point in the game, as very often in the later game you may see in the rankings:

Player namePointsVillagesPoints per vill
Max Builder3.6m30012k
Crazy Nuker3.5m35010k

But if villages were only counted to a certain level (example 10k), then the rankings would be

Crazy Nuker3.4m
Max Builder3.0 m

The above even assumes Crazy Nuker has some vills above 10k.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, but what is the point of this? What does the player gain from this suggestion?

Deleted User - 848983838

I mean what if max builder is frontline account building level 28 HQ or something to rebuild walls faster and nuker is entirelhy backline who can jsut use level 20 HQ. doesn't really seem to matter at all as anything close to an issue

Black-Bird

Reaction score
If points are what matters, what is stopping the other player from also building up their villages to 12k points instead of 10k points?

You trade points for farm space, in essence. Limiting it arbitrarily at 10k for example makes little sense, other than trying go around the rankings because you have more villages versus another player.

From my perspective, this is not an issue.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I see the reasoning behind the suggestion but I definitely disagree with the suggestion.

Yes, a player with maxed villages can have more points than a player with more villages. There is a reason that those points are there, though. That player opted to lose troop capacity in lieu of having more points. Anyone could do it. The player with more villages could do it. The difference is that the player with more villages may have more use for troops than points and find needing more points unnecessary at that stage of the game.

At the end of a world, the top players typically will try to max their villages to get every little point out. When players are warring, however, having more troops definitely beats having more points. Sure, setting a cap on this would make everyone opt for the build with more troops but that is part of your strategy. More points or more troops? There are several different builds that players like using and balancing the points in there is a small part of deciding that build though typically it is farm vs production value for many players.