??? vs SPAM

DeletedUser

I think this needs a proper thread. Hopefully everyone can use it for some good hearted stat-sharing and ribbing each other for their mistakes.

Good luck everyone!

Ben

p.s don't feed the trolls

DeletedUser

I think this needs a proper thread. Hopefully everyone can use it for some good hearted stat-sharing and ribbing each other for their mistakes.

Good luck everyone!

Ben

Shame, I had a several paragraph PnP for the start of the war prepared, though I spent the first 500 words talking about SPAM and only really mentioned ??? in the last two sentences so it was probably best it was not posted.

Anyways, might be a good reminder for ??? that the war starts on the 15th and we can finally get this world over with. Best of luck.

DeletedUser

"Oops" doesn't quite cover it...

Ben

I probably would have not posted it anyways. I have not written PnPs for SPAM's past opponents . The only reason I considered doing so for this war was because I opened the thread for SPAM's first top major war (albeit with a pitiful two sentences) and thought it might be fitting to close with SPAM's last major war.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im sure we would all like to see it DA.

imgres

DeletedUser

Yeah I'd like a mod to take this down please. It seems right that Dylan's thread is the only one here.

Ben

DeletedUser

Yeah I'd like a mod to take this down please. It seems right that Dylan's thread is the only one here.

Ben

Should ??? wish to place a PnP of their own, I suggest it be replaced with that. Otherwise I am alright with editing and posting mine.

DeletedUser

yeah whooooooo go spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We gunna rock your world baby!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

Best of luck to both sides

DeletedUser

This thread is boring, I figured I would do some provoking.

[spoil]The first time I wrote a PnP post to open a war was against NiNi. This was SPAM’s first major war and a chance to get our name out there. How fitting it is that my second and war declaring PnP post would be my final one. The war declaration against NiNi was only two sentences long and I am hoping I can produce a more impressive declaration this time. I was actually having a few problems whilst brainstorming for material in this PnP. Typically when writing PnP to a war, there is something that drives the thread. Generally this is some dirt you have on the other tribe or you play the underdog card. In the case of ??? though, this is not possible. They have no record, they have not won any wars, they haven’t backstabbed us yet. In fact they have done nothing of any significance. SPAM is no David either and our Goliath has a limited appeal. We aren’t smaller, we aren’t weaker and we aren’t the new kid on the block. Lacking material to make a fool out of ??? other than a serious mental lapse from ??? leadership where they miscalculated the war declaration date, I decided to use the next paragraph to write about how great SPAM is.

One year and three months ago today, I founded SPAM. Little did I know the extent that this small action would shape the world. We did well because we were different to other tribes. We were very close-knit, made up of a bunch of stubborn bastards and had very few weak points. On top of that, we had strong co-ordination, strong direction and strong preparation. Most tribes would be happy to have just a few of these, but SPAM had it all and more. Hence it was very unsurprising that SPAM did well, gained rank one and won the world via secrets. SPAM would also earn many enemies amongst those who disagreed with us or thought my bluntness (demonstrated above) was arrogance. These enemies would rise and fall and now there is just one left. ??? is that final enemy, the last man standing between SPAM and absolute victory and I feel a little relieved. Perhaps because I thought we could have won this battle six months ago and have only grown stronger since, perhaps because W60 is finally going to be over, perhaps because this war will give SPAM an opportunity to shine again. In just a few hours, the NAP that has kept the hounds at bay will be released. Free at last to pursue our prey and to finally win the world by dominance.

With that said, best of luck to both sides. This is the opportunity for each side to prove themselves for the final time on the big stage. I cannot be certain of the end result, but no matter who wins, I hope this is a good fight.

Dylan – Leader and Founder of SPAM[/spoil]

The couple of paragraphs in the spoiler above was my first draft for the PnP I was going to put out for the start of the war. I figured that W60 should at least go out with a bang. Then I looked at the old war thread and saw 8 posts for a world war and started to realise that no-one on the other side really had the right spirit for the war. SPAM has always been quite a self-indulgent and arrogant tribe, but there used to be someone who would point out that arrogance and debate against it. Your H D's, your -RLS-'s, your Valours, your Calm.s, even idiots like Zombie Killers and Trojan T would give it a go. Now there is no-one. This is part of the reason I decided not to post a PnP.

Then came the war, excitement in the skype chat and PM for something we had been waiting for for a month. Nothing Happened. I got 0 incomings, despite being told by 5-6 people in the last 2 weeks that they would take my last village (how that works I don't know). I suppose this was not surprising me being a backline player but I was surprised later on.

One day into the war, I was sitting Neeus due to him being an obvious high priority target for ??? as he has 200 or so villages slap bang in the middle of them. I was shocked to see he had hardly 1000 incoming because I figured he would be targeted by ???. I suddenly realised that I had been tricked by the masterful strategist on the other side and that someone else was being targeted so I frantically went round and PMed all the other frontliners to see how they were doing on the incoming front. 50 incoming, 6 incoming, 2 incoming, 14 incoming. I thought about this for a good two hours, either they are brilliant or they suck balls. I have only seen the ignore the enemy tribe until they get bored and disband tactic twice, but it has worked one of those two times. I somehow don't think SPAM is one of the tribes that would really be affected that tactic though.

This brings me to the second option. I just hope ??? have more to offer, otherwise this will be an easy sweep up. I see no need for SPAM to play serious and do proper Ops the way it is going, that is a waste of mine and my member's time. I thought the west was supposed to be as strong as the east and stronger in some people's opinions. I thought you guys wanted to win, so get it together and stop acting like a rim tribe SPAM has decided to nom on. I sincerely hope the fight in the world did not go out when FEC and Spunky disappeared.

DeletedUser

Good luck everyone!

Ben

And the trolls, have been fed.