W100 Celebration "WHO ARE THE GREATEST PLAYERS?" [Borrowed from W14/W85]

DeletedUser121989

The best player ... this is very relative .

Can you be a very good player in a poor tribe? and also have good principles ?

I do not trust those who say: I'm the best , that's pure selfishness . I'm good, I'm among the best, it's ok, but the best ... is a team game, it's not fair to minimize the importance of your colleagues .

I'm curious to see those who say they are the best, why do I say that .

DeletedUser84793

The best player ... this is very relative .

Can you be a very good player in a poor tribe? and also have good principles ?

I do not trust those who say: I'm the best , that's pure selfishness . I'm good, I'm among the best, it's ok, but the best ... is a team game, it's not fair to minimize the importance of your colleagues .

I'm curious to see those who say they are the best, why do I say that .

In my mind your only as good as your team! with out team play no single player is worth a damn!

DeletedUser50733

True but you still need some hella good players on your team. For example I wouldn’t wanna be sat and defended by a team full of nubs who just happen to work well together - cause at the end of the day they’d still be crap. I’d rather be sat by that one awesome player until I return.

Teamwork is essential, but it’s these awesome players that are the difference between an average tribe and an elite tribe.

DeletedUser107233

That may be true Nathan but you also have to think we were all nubs once upon a time and that nub that you think might not be good enough could become that special player that could become a very reliable tribe mate

DeletedUser121989

The strongest piece of chess is the queen, and the weakest are the pawns, the game begins without 2 pawns, is the queen as strong? what are your chances to win the game? how important are the pawns? )

At the end of the game, the king and the few remaining take the glory, but forget that this could not be without pawns ...

For those who say: I am the best, how many of you have been saved by the troops sent by noobs ( pawns ) ? never ? )

DeletedUser84793

this is a good discussion...All players in this game is worthy to some point..even the biggest noobs of the world..they all offer something that lets the best players make their biggest moves..this is almost like chess if you think about it..you use everything you got to get the win..and that includes working with noobs or farming them..lol this is a team play game...with out team play im not sure youll get anywhere no matter how good you are...so really its all about tribe not a single player...thats my thoughts..A great player is priceless..but then again..with out his team he is easy to take out.

DeletedUser116724

Of course everyone needs good tribemates. But there are players who stand out as prolific amongst their peers.

Same as in soccer - Messi
Basketball - Lebron James
NFL - Tom Brady

No-one is diminishing the impact their teammates have on a game, and no-one is saying that messi would beat Real Madrid on his own. BUT, everyone would say that he is the player that generally will have the most impact on a game, and also the player with the most talent, ability and vision and the hardest to replace.

And of course I assume we are solely talking about 'PLAYERS' in this thread.

More important to winning is the best 'DUKE'. But even then people will argue that a duke is nothing without his players and say it's a pointless conversation.

DeletedUser111865

Of course everyone needs good tribemates. But there are players who stand out as prolific amongst their peers.

Same as in soccer - Messi
Basketball - Lebron James
NFL - Tom Brady

No-one is diminishing the impact their teammates have on a game, and no-one is saying that messi would beat Real Madrid on his own. BUT, everyone would say that he is the player that generally will have the most impact on a game, and also the player with the most talent, ability and vision and the hardest to replace.

And of course I assume we are solely talking about 'PLAYERS' in this thread.

More important to winning is the best 'DUKE'. But even then people will argue that a duke is nothing without his players and say it's a pointless conversation.

Its Football and its Ronaldo ;)

DeletedUser84793

The influence of a good leader is underrated. It can't remedy everything but it certainly helps.

This is so very true! Ive seen players who were dukes that was never the best player in-game but their leadership made all the difference in a world. a great leader can inspire average players to want to put in the work and become great..really with out a great leader the rest would fall apart.

DeletedUser121989

Its Football and its Ronaldo ;)
yes , it's footbal , but ...

Adriano Galliani: "Messi is the best player ever. And this is said by someone who has seen Maradona and Pele play."

not a word about penaldo )

Deleted User - 31145

George Best was the best player to ever play the game and if you ask every ex professional they will all say the same as he did it week in week out over a gruling winter in the English league where lets face it the pitches wast the best in the world

only thing that went against him he was from Northern Irleand so never go to show his skills on a world level like Pele and Maradona done

and yes I have seen them all play

DeletedUser50073

There is no "Greatest player" in tribalwars. But if I had to choose a first round pick for a dream team, this would be him. 100% loyalty, great script maker, monster player. We fought a looong losing war together in a very inactive tribe against a very active tribe. Took over 70,000 attacks to break him finally, I saw it from the sit myself! This is a team game, even the best can get killed by a solid team.

LOVERLOVER

Jkala here too. He was a fun guy and gave me some of the best play challenges I ever had.

LOVERLOVER

I say fun.. he turned "Sort" of fun after bantering with him in mail for 3 years.

DeletedUser121989

George Best was the best player to ever play the game and if you ask every ex professional they will all say the same as he did it week in week out over a gruling winter in the English league where lets face it the pitches wast the best in the world

only thing that went against him he was from Northern Irleand so never go to show his skills on a world level like Pele and Maradona done

and yes I have seen them all play

I've never heard anyone say George Best was the best player of all time except for those from U.K )

But why about Maldini, Beckenbauer , Yashin etc not saying they were the best players of all time ?

In football as in the game are different types of players, which is the best ...

When i play football, I prefer to play as a CM , and I think this is the most important position , also , in TW, I think players like me are the best )) of course I'm subjective , but I prefer to keep my opinions only for me , because i respect and others players .

DeletedUser66411

King Tudadar is the best player of all time... I am still waiting for him to come to w100 and continue his dominance without the use of PP.