W11 2011 Player of the Year Honors - Faqs

DeletedUser

In order to honor the people who have been playing this game for so long as such a high level, i wanted to be able to honor them, and especially one of them, as the Player of the Year for 2011. As you can see below, this will also lead to a "Player of all time" too.

For The all time players category, the past players were strictly determined by how many conquers they had before they deleted.

As for the POY honors, here is how the list was created:

I took the top 20 players in each category:

-ODD
-ODA
-Vills
-Conquers (non internal)

I then used the place the person was in as a value (ie, 1 through 20). I then added up the six categories for each person. If the person was not in the category, then they received a "25" for that category.

I then took the top 24 players after adding up the scores in order to put them in the bracket correctly, with the top 8 players getting a 1st round bye.

The sections are set up based on the initial rankings, therefore there is no subjectivity involved in how the players are matched up.

You will then fill out the provided ballet with your choices of the victors for each round. A round will consist of two weeks. At the end of the round, the votes will be tailed and the player with the most votes moves onto the next round.

By starting now, the conclusion of the voting will be inline with the end of the year.

The winner of this "fan ballet" will then be able to claim themselves as the "W11 2011 Player of the Year" on their profile.

Also, once the list is down to 8 players, those 8 will be entered into the "W11 Best Player of All time" runoff which will have its own thread. If a current player wins that one, they will be able to claim "W11 Best Player of All Time"

This will be presented on both the PnP and this forum, in order to capture as many voters as possible.

If you didnt make the top 24, and think you deserved it...well then you need to continue to work on your game and try to make the "2012" best player awards

So No spamming..Spamming will be deleted..but you can list reasons why you voted as you did and a healthy debate is allowed

Thanks and good luck to all the players!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice idea

Is it necessary to vote on all of the divisions?