W117 Newsflash Edition 3

LucidDreaming.

Reaction score
The last week has shown me that I won't be able to guarantee these kinds of posts on a weekly basis, it simply takes too much time to be able to keep the same standard of quality to be able to fit it in a weekly schedule. That's why the title will consist of an edition rather than a week number.

The North-Western special is a clear example of this issue, due to time constraints I leaned too much on the info that was presented to me by a singular person which has caused a few mistakes in my previous post so I'd like to set at least some of them straight.

The DRAGON hostilities towards TTS did not stop since DoW had declared war on them, Penetier not capping barbs in their territory was no more than a coincidence. TTS has defended more than one planned attack by DRAGON, due to not losing villages however, it wasn't as easy to spot.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

As you can see the Matkustaja account in DRAGON tried to take advantage of TTS being occupied by attacking a player in the TTS area but he got walled.
Matkustaja isn't the only DRAGON member moving into TTS territory, dl08 and Titan hydra have done the same thing.

Updated ToW vs. -TU- Situation

This morning (27-01) the cooldown between ToW and -TU- ended, but from what I heard, some -TU- members started sending attacks early, breaking the cooldown.
Even more old DoW members screaming -TU- are backstabbers, just what the doctor ordered...
-TU- opening op is supposedly landing on 28-01 22st so definitely keeping my eye out for that one.
DRAGON's plan seems to be to wait out the first wave and eat ToW if they crack.

Another interesting piece of info here, -TU- has a leak within their council. Somehow the plans made within -TU- council were known to DRAGON leadership before they even announced them to the rest of -TU- so I'm curious how this newly patched up relationship between DRAGON and -TU- fares under this fact.

Retina's Future
After weeks of warring BOT, Retina has come to the end of their time. BIO couldn't advance fast enough so they ended up aiming for a merge with BOT. WalkWithMe is a notoriously distrustful duke which was only worsened by his top players leaving him for BIO a month ago. The fact that Retina once had an alliance with BOT caused him to not be interested in taking them in and the war continued. After defending the BOT ops very well for a few weeks as well as their continued efforts to sort out a merger, Retina finally got BOT to agree to a ceasefire to negotiate the exact terms. Some funky stuff happened with this ceasefire though. Originally, Retina was under fire from BOT as well as their two allies, VK and SUSA. VK honored the ceasefire BOT had agreed to but SUSA refused to and continued attacking Retina, claiming they had spent too many resources on hitting them and were close to a breakthrough. They found a little bit of success but at what cost?
0ae1373285062092e8b252516261d0ff.png

Regardless of the SUSA hiccup, Retina and BOT managed to find agreeable terms for a merger, and today some members from Retina joined the BOT family. There's a catch to this agreement though. Retina has to give up a decent amount of villages though for this deal to be made, supposedly to also keep the allies of BOT happy. Odd though that you'd have to give up villages to be able to join a tribe. For example, the McCree account who's done very well in terms of defending in this war is losing about 75% of their account. Seems like a very desperate agreement to settle for.

The trust from BOT in the SUSA/BOT alliance is damaged because of SUSA refusing to honor the ceasefire agreed to by BOT. Might even lead to a war in the near future.

BIO vs DIA War
Let's include some war stats!

Side 1:
Tribes: DIA, CAR
Side 2:
Tribes: BIO, BIO2, BIO3, BIO A

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers:

Side 1:
Side 2: 1,069
Difference: 1,001

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1:
Side 2: 22
Difference: 19

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1:
Side 2: 3,801,194
Difference: 3,433,942

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1:
Side 2: 122,571
Difference: 104,871

chart
For a war declared on the externals by a tribe who's 10 times larger than the tribe they are declaring on, this for sure is disappointing to see.
Especially since the morale within DIA is so bad they've started attempting to flee to the rim.

The DRAGON/Nuke merge
Something everyone saw coming has finally become a reality. Seems BIO is finally no longer the king of family tribes, DRAGON has taken that throne with their 6 family tribe.
6 I hear you ask? I only count 5. Apart from DRAGON, HYDRA, WYVERN, Nuke, and NukeII, Rlease is sort of a basher/friend kinda tribe, so we also have to count that one.
In other news, Nocturne who previously took control over Nuke has now also become very important within DRAGON leadership. Abel (Bobonfire account owner who plays on Nocturne) has also started trying to bring in some of his close Swedish friends so the quality in DRAGON surely has been going up since the Nocturne account has stepped up.

Noobs United
Nocturne did it again, took a good amount of villages of a BIO account.
2b3acbb00d18fdc7f907d516470d32ab.png

Upon noticing the internal of a BIO account on their frontline, the Nocturne guys decided to launch on it instantly with success, they managed to cap 7 villages.
Not sure how BIO allowed this to happen in the first place. Nocturne is one of the only few capable accounts on the western frontline of BIO, the DIA accounts north of Nocturne really don't pose much of a threat, but somehow they couldn't get enough defense together to allow the internal to be executed smoothly. Just dreadful.

BIO Instability
There seem to be a number of instabilities within BIO. There have been some people in and out of leadership but the most glaring issue within leadership at this point in time seems to be the complete opposite philosophy of multiple people within the council. One half feels like to want to push around everyone else around in the world since they are the biggest tribe in the world which manifests itself in actions such as the recruitment of BOT members. On the other end of the spectrum, there are people who've criticized these choices and prefer to make some friends in the world instead of just enemies. So far this struggle seems to be having a negative effect on their decisiveness.

Apart from that, there continues to be a group of players in BIO who continue "bending" the rules. I'll show you what I mean.
b7ff26cc5b18c5b2ad61e2d9e89b9d11.jpg
In the core of BIO (marked in black) a number of small villages have started appearing in the last 2 weeks highlighted in the red boxes.
This is in the core, not the rim, so not a natural place for new players to join in.
75e7540f35998ada5a62a1309c5e4f77.png
The conclusion we can draw is that someone is creating new accounts and using the relocate/join near a friend feature to artificially create a higher density of villages in the core of BIO which of course helps with better flag boosting when the villages are in BIO possession as well as just having more villages within the area they control. This exact behavior has been seen in worlds before, specifically, a world where BIO players such as Rajasit played, W107.

It gets better. The tribe players such as Rajasit and xixjapanxix were in on 107 was called Mafia. There were a large number of accounts in the Mafia family at the time, but in merger discussions at the time they claimed only a small amount of them were actual accounts, the rest could just stay in Mafia.
Back to 117 since this is the world at hand. BIO has allied a tribe called Mafia which has some players randomly throughout the BIO cluster but last week, a new Mafia tribe appeared.
775deda30af322f913b7bad5a92123d7.png
7f99e982ee79b8c9dd27d4f67beefaf1.png

So some of the tiny villages I've pointed out before actually joined together in a tribe created by someone from Thailand. Such a coincidence that Mr.Eggman and his crew are also from Thailand :oops:
At a first glance it seems like these accounts quit at different points in time due to the varying points per player, but let's take a look at the tribal file.
59b3477bedaa7351d2fef5efbdf80567.png
As we can see, these accounts were all created within the same 24 hours and haven't grown a single point each, very suspiciously joining in the middle of a core tribe.

Regardless of what I've pointed out here, sending in support tickets is a pointless thing to do. They use VPN's as well as mac address spoofing software so they will never meet the criteria to receive a ban, however, it has gotten to the point where some in BIO leadership no longer want them to be part of BIO. The accounts they view to be the ones that take part in these practices as well as accounts they consider push accounts have all been moved to BIO3. They are now more viewed as an alliance rather than an academy tribe to BIO. According to some, keeping them as an ally is something they're fine with while others claim they're just waiting for the right chance to be able to force internal them. I guess the next few weeks will show the stance of BIO leadership of practices like these.

McCree

Reaction score
Cheers, and thanks for the effort you have been putting into these posts. Feels good to have a world with them again. Also happy that my OD stats made it into a forum post for once :).

Edit*
The war with VK, Sax, Susa, Susa2, and Bot, Bot2 was a good one with very little backstabbing, straight and honest, just the way we all like it. We lost fair and square and inorder to better fight BIO a merge was necessary, im still INCREDIBLY salty and not in a good mood but what is done was correct and ill be back to take chicken out of his #1 spot. I just mean to say GG well played.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 11487473

Seems the world is getting slightly more interesting. Not much changes with BIO, just a big mess.

BIG CHEESE

Reaction score
Cheers, and thanks for the effort you have been putting into these posts. Feels good to have a world with them again. Also happy that my OD stats made it into a forum post for once :).

Edit*
The war with VK, Sax, Susa, Susa2, and Bot, Bot2 was a good one with very little backstabbing, straight and honest, just the way we all like it. We lost fair and square and inorder to better fight BIO a merge was necessary, im still INCREDIBLY salty and not in a good mood but what is done was correct and ill be back to take chicken out of his #1 spot. I just mean to say GG well played.

GG.
Still, shit deal.

Dragu4

Reaction score

Edit*

You sound like a real team player. I really appreciate that. Look forward to fighting bio with you

Deleted User - 11487473

I feel like there's a lot being left out here, you didn't mention how many of BIO trains got eaten in the past week XD

Deleted User - 11487473

Or the big oof when Mr Eggman accidentally sent all support home from the deathstar village he managed to sneak by coercing a demoralized member to gift him villas, and lost it to Whix along with all the other villas he tried to take from him. :eek:

Scorpianhead

Reaction score
GG.
Still, shit deal.

Couple things to say - nothing that makes my post actually worth reading - but wanted to clear a couple things up. :)

The Retina Saga - A rim tribe no one cares about
Glad to see Retina made this post! Personally, I am quite happy with what me and McCree were able to do with a non-premade tribe. As of our merger, we had 19 players in the top 150 for ODS (nearly all members below rank 300 in size), showing how well our members cooperated, and how hard we got hit. Not a single player knew another member in our tribe, and many players set personal records.

Unfortunately, most players were fine with early game, but could not handle once we started fighting. Most seemed capable, but we ended up with over half of accounts as sits, constant sitblocks and maxxing on 3 sits, and being unable to internal fast enough. I am not trying to make excuses for losing because . It was a fight I would've been happy to get rimmed in, but glad that we've moved our members to a better tribe. I think it would've been a completely different and interesting fight without the internals, as nearly every village we lost in the first two weeks was an account sit.

It took a while, and unfortunately there were no war stats, but we eventually able to convince the other side that the rank 8/12/13/18 tribes fighting was pointless. Susa did hold up the merge negotiations for a couple of days as they felt entitled to villages. We originally offered them 100% of our internals and players that get cut from merger, and Susa counter-offered asking for 200 villages and about 1.2 million points of villages. I was sniping nobles up until 30 minutes before we finally hashed out a merge.

Was it a shit deal? Yes, it was. We were forced to give up Tarnsman, rank 6 in the world in ODS, and give up 3/4 of McCree, rank 2 in ODD. In total, Susa got roughly 25% of Retina's point value, and a third of our villages in the merger, which is way more than they deserve in my opinion. Retina could have 1 v 1ed Susa, but there was no way we could have kept off Susa, BOT, and VK. Without the merge, we would have lost everything, so it was a price to pay for our survival.

You've mentioned a couple times about Retina friendships with BIO. There was never any intentions of merging with BIO, and our alliance that we did have was utterly useless. We had the common enemy of BOT, but that didn't make us allies. During Christmas break we had a bit of a hugfest where we napped TU/TD, BOT, got offered alliance from BIO, and had a NAP offer from Susa. Nothing more than that.

TL;DR Fair fight, quite enjoyable; Typical 50% of tribe quit; Happy to be done with our useless fight; Congrats to McCree for being the only OG Retina account left out of 40+ players

McCree

Reaction score
The Retina Saga - A rim tribe no one cares about
Glad to see Retina made this post! Personally, I am quite happy with what me and McCree were able to do with a non-premade tribe. As of our merger, we had 19 players in the top 150 for ODS (nearly all members below rank 300 in size), showing how well our members cooperated, and how hard we got hit. Not a single player knew another member in our tribe, and many players set personal records.

Ive had alot of crap worlds lately being in second/third place in 111, 104, 113, and currently 115 (and others before the 100s) and i gotta say, more people should step back and take part in a non-premade. It is so much more fun then the constant stress and bickering that comes from a premade. I originally started retina as a teaching tribe for new players, and as players learned (and we recruited better) it gave me a purpose and made the game fun again, something tribal wars hadn't been able to do for awhile. In the end I am extremely proud of how players grew, its a war game and we had to lose eventually, but it didn't feel like we were a new tribe, it felt like we all had known each other for years. I would gladly play with this group again and hope that more players eventually just play the game for the fun of it, instead of sacrificing everything for a win (yes, winning is fun, but so is every other aspect of the game, enjoy it).

I would also like to just say that scorpianhead did almost everything as duke as outlined by my terrible writing skills. Without him nothing would have been possible, he dedicated days of sleep to lasting until this merge, and he is without a doubt one of the best players and leaders I have ever worked with.

I know that our tribe wasnt and isnt the focus of the world, not even top 10, but it taught me alot and im emotional that it ended, so let me have my moment before we go back to bashing BIO.

MadQuestionThem

Reaction score
Ive had alot of crap worlds lately being in second/third place in 111, 104, 113, and currently 115 (and others before the 100s) and i gotta say, more people should step back and take part in a non-premade. It is so much more fun then the constant stress and bickering that comes from a premade. I originally started retina as a teaching tribe for new players, and as players learned (and we recruited better) it gave me a purpose and made the game fun again, something tribal wars hadn't been able to do for awhile. In the end I am extremely proud of how players grew, its a war game and we had to lose eventually, but it didn't feel like we were a new tribe, it felt like we all had known each other for years. I would gladly play with this group again and hope that more players eventually just play the game for the fun of it, instead of sacrificing everything for a win (yes, winning is fun, but so is every other aspect of the game, enjoy it).

I would also like to just say that scorpianhead did almost everything as duke as outlined by my terrible writing skills. Without him nothing would have been possible, he dedicated days of sleep to lasting until this merge, and he is without a doubt one of the best players and leaders I have ever worked with.

I know that our tribe wasnt and isnt the focus of the world, not even top 10, but it taught me alot and im emotional that it ended, so let me have my moment before we go back to bashing BIO.

Respect bro

Reaction score
Your conclusion on the Mafia tribe is in an interesting one and is support with the Mafia tribes page referring to xixjapanxix who is actually a BIO3 member.

BIG CHEESE

Reaction score
And so a new war begins with this BIO shitfest in K35.
I'm just happy to see McCree salty, all good though between us.
Respect.

-Fac-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Super sick post. I love that TW support are allergic to dishing out bans to obvious rule breaking, w111 springs to mind. So I wouldn't expect them to do anything different this time xd

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
@McCree @Scorpianhead

Thanks for an entertaining few weeks. You were worthy opponents and were ultimately outnumbered rather than outgunned. Credit to you guys for creating and sustaining a non-premade tribe for so long.

The real outcome of this war is a huge increase in BIO presence in k35, the outcome we were all trying to prevent; and to that extent I am still salty about even going to war in the first place, do very much feel like we are / always were on the same side.

The most frustrating part is that the tribe hoppers who instigated our hostilities; Inactiveasalways, @Damachine, @Hermias (other than nobling small, outlying players) barely participated in our war and now face a continent that is war-weary and divided and have the backing of the #1 tribe. Kudos to them.

K35 will be a fiercely contested space for the next 3/4 months - and with the possibility of runes in 13 days, it's going to get very messy, very quickly! @LucidDreaming. watch this space!

Real Life

Reaction score
Ignore the rune villages for now, It's more of an endgame issue. You'd be silly to be fighting over the rune villages at this early stage.