w16 politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Been reading this forum to see how things went and I gotta say, you remind me of myself, a long time ago! Seems you're trying to turn people against each other on the public forums, it'll only turn them against yourself. Believe me, went down that route myself, grown up a bit since then thankfully.

Glad to see Plight is still alive, kicking and feared. I remember being in plight when it was just an idea haha, like 5 members tops. I will down this next shot for you guys.

:)

I give an honest opinion without insult and not intended to flame and It's shot down as 'trying to turn people against each other on the public forum'. This isn't about trying to turn people against each other, it's just the way I see things developing and my thoughts on what's presently going on. How anyone can interpret that as 'trying to turn people against each other on the public forum' is beyond me.

DeletedUser

You've been trying to tell C2 to declare on BANG!? in a "subtle" manner. How could you not interpret it that way?

DeletedUser

I will give you part of this, Really all of it because you would take it anyway.
But I came on here for the first time only because of Jimmy. I saw that he was mouthy and insulting, but I also saw that he was not the only one. and I know that when he first started to post he only wanted talk the topic of the war. I know jimmy well, and he is not like that, he is not mouthy he can be fair and he can give a good conversation when there is someone else in the conversation that is willing to talk. I saw where he had gotten frustrated, and by that time it was to late he was fighting back and giving even first. He was banned from the forum a number of times. And every time he came back he was willing to try to follow the rules, he tried to hold back the insults, but really was hard for him to do this as very few if anyone would give him the chance to really talk. What you see here on the forums is not jimmy's true personality. Truth be known you all would be in for a really big surprise if you were to be on his side. And I can tell you when all is said and done most of you would be happy to have him on your side. If you were to give him the chance.
Maybe I stick up for him and shouldn't here because it can draw new fire towards him. But I do it because I know him on and off the battlefield and I know that he has my back and there is no one that I would depend on for that like I do him. And any one who gives him a chance anyone who has fought beside him would tell you the same thing.
I think you miss understand me, It's not the respect that would be important to anyone but me. But it is also my way to nicely say to have the smarts to sort it out. I just didn't want to sound rude, as it seems that we are having a calm non heated conversation. And no one has come out and accused me of anything I did not want to sound like that was what I was doing.
But really if you tell me that the forums are filled with twists on truths and used to make people look bad, then shouldn't everyone know that and judge on there own? Shouldn't they know that it is not to be taken the way it shows?

DeletedUser

You've been trying to tell C2 to declare on BANG!? in a "subtle" manner. How could you not interpret it that way?
where subtle or not have I ever to tell c2 to declare on Bang!? ?
Not that I have, but even if I had, isn't that what you all are trying to tell me the forums are here for what you do here? Sway someone to one side or the other?
But no I have not been doing that. though I have respect for c2 I am sure there smart enough to figure things out for them selves. With no help from this peon.

DeletedUser

Heavy deletion has occured - insulting others NEVER ends well for anyone!

MichielK

Well as you know I am fairly new to the pnp. And you know I am still learning the ropes. So until I can learn to BS you guys, I will speak the truth plain and simple. which I am seeing here in the forum is a new concept. Personally I have always found no honor in lies. To make something up will always come back and bite you in the back end.
Yes I get that the forums are for twisting things and making a tribe or person look bad. And I do get that to do that makes everyone dislike them so there is no one to take there side. I do realize a lot is just made up off the cuff. I also realize they do this to get someone worked up so that they say things they wouldn't or shouldn't.
But I am not good at telling lies, I am not good at twisting things unless I unintentionally do it. So If it's ok with you I would like to just go with the truth and with my honest feelings.

Look at the results so far of Sai's thread and u6s5l's poll for favorite poster, best P&P poster, most entertaining poster, etc. Jurasu, Seagryfn, u6s5l, Legendry, Tribalwarsfury...those are the names you'll keep seeing.

Why? They're not the most violent people, they don't post the most lies, they're not constantly out there to support their own tribe, and they don't get banned. There's nothing more boring than a person whose post you don't need to read to know what it'll come down to: insults, or boasting, or blind dedication to their tribe. That's not interesting!

They end up high in those polls because they contribute to the W16 forums in positive ways, because they go out of their way to entertain, because they think their opinions through and are willing to back them up, etc. When they do participate in politics and propaganda, they do it with class and respect.

Have a look at the Picnics thread in which both Plight and BANG (for the second time) declared on PnX. It's the perfect example of an aggressive post that is still very entertaining and mostly respectful. As a result, people come away from that thread thinking "Wow, my tribe Plight/BANG is great, we're going to win!" or "Yipes, PnX are our allies but it looks like they're in trouble".

Boosting morale in your own tribe while breaking the spirit of your enemy...that is politics and propaganda, and you cannot execute it properly if you're foaming at the mouth or making stuff up on the spot. Wars are won and lost in the game world, but the circumstances can certainly be improved on the forums.

If you want to be effective for your tribe on the public forums, don't ever learn to BS people or to lie with a straight face. We'll find you out, we'll know you're untrustworthy, and it'll reflect back on your future and your tribe's future.

Be honest, be helpful, be interesting! Have a look at the threads that do not directly concern you, and see if you can have fun by adding something. Eventually, your newfound reputation will give you a bunch of great people to talk to plus the benefit of being more respected in the game as well...and all for being honest and fun :)

DeletedUser

I'm a name we'll keep seeing? That's always been a shocker :lol:. Considering my history, who would've thought?

DeletedUser

Good point, I suppose forgetfulness comes with old age :lol:. Just kidding MK :).

But I agree with what he said. The point is to boost your tribe's morale and demoralize the enemy, and statements like "I know Ad Inf will lose, but we'll try anyways" aren't exactly uplifting.

MichielK

You forgot yourself in that list MK :icon_wink:

True, but I do come here to lie, spread BS and make people feel bad :icon_razz: Besides, I figured the point would get across a lot better if I didn't use myself as an example LOL

DeletedUser

Think this has gone off topic again, despite warnings from the mod/s

DeletedUser

I know the thread has a bit of an open title but there are few constructive, or even ontopic-ish posts going on now, so before things get further out of hand...

Geschlossen.

Need to discuss matters that have been posted in this thread further? Make a new thread where it is the subject :icon_razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.