W18 Map Thread

DeletedUser

Map Competition :icon_idea:

So here's the theory atm. I'm bored, tired and got absolutely trounced at footy today. Therefore it's competition time.

Best user made map gets 5 pp points from me.

I get free pp for simply being cool so the pp will be placed on your account. Closing date is 28th of Feb. We will then vote for the best map.

That's if any of you are man enough to make some maps. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Are there any rules? Does it have to be a map of the world? Can it be of specific K's on the front line?
Can people submit more than one map?

DeletedUser

It can be a map of anything as long as it it's related to this world. However it's going to be peer-peer judging so do something that pleases the crowd. Or i'll try get vio to judge it as she's incharge of the graphics section.

mar1n3c0rp5

TW-Map.gif

DeletedUser

Hello, I'm just wantint to know if I have the correct family groups before I make a map.

Apoc-D, Apoc-C, Apoc-N, Apoc-H
-PX- F. - -PX-, =PX=
[BA] F. - [BA], {BA}

Thankyou.

DeletedUser

A little something different... A video map of Apoc+BA's captures and losses since the beginning of the big war.

And heck, it's definitely closer than I would have thought in terms of territory. Helps to see it all with moving pictures... Apologies for YouTube's lossy compression.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Too bad there's no legend. I dunno what is what.

I can fix that - it's the typical for my maps.
It shows captures for current players of the listed tribes, regardless of what tribes they were in at the time of the capture.

Green - barbarian
Purple - capture from player who has since deleted.
Blue - capture from another player in the same group.
Red - capture from a player not in the group.
White circle - loss.

A white circle around another color shows that the village was captured during this timeframe, and subsequently lost.

DeletedUser

Without actually editing your video you can always use a youtube 'annotation' which floats over the video that acts as a legend.

DeletedUser

Annotations added.

Thanks MacMan. Transferring my map program to generating an AVI was something I threw together in a couple of hours to see how it'd look. My original plan was to do one for current Apoc players from when they joined the world - but the rendering was taking entirely too long. I'll play more with the captures-per-frame-of-video. At 20 caps per frame it was already about a gigabyte of compressed AVI.

But more importantly, is this type of a map a contender for the contest? :) If I get a couple thumbs up from the PX side, I'll do one for your folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I personally think it was a GREAT video ..... no Icon for thumbs up...but you get 2 from me :)