W18 Milestones (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

One reason: I can't say for sure when they achieved the milestone in relation to the other tribes.

Of course I am sure that someone could work it out. If you know how, please feel free to show me the evidence and the next thing I'll do is re-introduce the milestone.

All I am trying to do here is be consistent. Not unfair.

DeletedUser

Andrew... you just don't get it do you... how YOU define a milestone doesn't matter. milestones are measured in the same way they have always been ... AND! no one wrested control of the other thread from you... the mod just simply stated that =V= had fairly won a milestone and changed it... that decision was based on how milestones were measured from the beginning. get over it... sometimes we love a mods decision and sometimes we hate it.... but we ALWAYS accept it...

This thread should be locked as it's an obvious spam magnet...lol

DeletedUser

It should possibly be closed as a Troll magnet.

LB: That's the point, they were never defined before. Throughout the milestones history there have been a number of folks chipping in with how they'd like the milestones to be defined. [It took one of the mods to trawl through the various milestone threads to come up with a "definition" that probably pre-dates much of this discussion, but clearly had never been used as no-one actually referenced it in the aforementioned war of words!] That completely contradicts the definition of a milestone. It should be fixed so that people can aim for it. Like many before me I had my own interpretation of one of the milestones (avg points/player). I have been completely consistent in my interpretation, which is more than can be said for the thread in general. I intend to remain consistent, despite the trolling.

Anyway, unless someone has anything constructive to say (or a milestone to report) then I regard the issue closed. If you want to argue about the definitions, please do it in the other thread. I won't be rising to the bait in either!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm going to sticky it in place of the old thread, because this one is actually getting maintained...

If a significant portion of forum users disagree with my decision to do so, PM me.

I can't see any harm in having the milestones clearly defined. If you think you could define them better, you are more than welcome to do so.

DeletedUser

I havent looked at anything but this thread...I was never really too jealous of these milestones. I kind of agree with the goal concept that Andrew speaks of.

I am a little jealous of one thing though and that is the impact and accomplishments of my tribesmates.

If I recall there was a certain concept perhaps discussed on the forums(i dunno much about research for confirmation):

I believe we had the milestone by the taking of our total points when we had somewhere between 31-42 or so member this is memory based. I believe we held it though by averaging total pts by 40 players reguardless of if we had them(which most of the time we didnt) there honestly werent 40 players of that caliber in the area we recruited for quite some time.

Also by my recall Karmalot was in G.Khan certainly well before 100k milestone around 70k i'm thinking I could be wrong though.

I would say that the-require 40 members is the wrong answer to the problem of someone making a tribe of some small number to subvert the concepts. The real answer is to divide pts of all inside to 40 in tribe by 40 so if the avg points of 35 players/40 totals higher than everyone elses 40/40 there was no subverting of the rules but instead just a tribe keeping high standards.

*upon further review perhaps I dreamed this up and certainly I dont even know how to show proof*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We already have a Milestones Thread. Please use that one.

Thread Locked.

Thanks,
Mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.