W18 wont let me log on

coloneljj

Yeah, that must be it, couldn't be anything else could it? Seriously where do you get this crap from. :icon_rolleyes:

somebody from world 8 told me.
he said with one pc he could enter the worlds with other pc he couldn"t

:icon_redface:

coloneljj

my internet conection id though
AT&T and YAHoo is there any posiibiliy that the prob is with yahoo?
i am on the phone again with AT&T.... (right now)

coloneljj

when you go to tools
then resrticted sites i keep finding links of TW in there .
i remove them.
restart my computer and then they are back.

AT&T now tell me THAT IT IS HP!

guys what do you know.....

dukefan7777777

Im sure they are trying everything guys. Some of the proxys are not all that bad and go for a normal speed in due time this will be solved (I hope) So for a couple days we will just have to use proxys. Morthy thanks for looking into this stuff

birdseye

And I am telling you to ask them to send in a ticket. Is that really that hard to understand? All your posts regarding this matter have been extremely unhelpful so far.

Currently a number of possibilities are being looked in to. We did a lot of checks and tests involving the iptables configs on the servers earlier tonight with no success. This sunday morning the main firewall and router will be investigated. The original analysis was that as the only players who could not access some worlds were using AT&T, that it might be a problem on their side. It still might be, that remains to be seen. The more detailed investigations into things from Innogames' side were after helpful (not from Ripfin) posts from players about their conversations with AT&T tech support.

That is maintenance and backup time. It is not regarded as a server update. Furthermore, nothing that happens then would cause people to have issues logging in.
I sent in trace route the first day and at&t ran it down and told me it is the TW site that is the problem.
On top of that I now have access to W6 but not W2. Is tw saying that at&t has selective bandwidth?? :icon_eek:

birdseye

Im sure they are trying everything guys. Some of the proxys are not all that bad and go for a normal speed in due time this will be solved (I hope) So for a couple days we will just have to use proxys. Morthy thanks for looking into this stuff
Yeah maybe if you have dial up and don't mind losing a good portion of your PA abilities. Oh and did I mention the PoP uPs! :icon_twisted:

Added: Lucky for me W6 is back since we are in the heat of battle. Ever try to send support to your comrades villages, send attacks, refresh resources without PA on a 200 plus villages at dial up speed. It was tedious to begin with on DSL. After that it was ridiculous. It would be less painful to hit my finger with a hammer.

Also for us who like to listen to music while playing, If you do so through the computer you cannot on most of the proxy servers. They have a sound based advertising in the form of voices or loud music to grab your attention so I have to mute the system.

Last edited:

birdseye

Ok, now the PA works for me on the proxy server's... :icon_neutral: :icon_confused:

For those of you using freeproxies.org make sure you try a bunch to get the best one. The tunnel ones seem like they have the most spam and ads.
There are a couple that are completely useless as well. I got one where you have to enter a code everytime the page changes. Jeeze! :icon_rolleyes:

coloneljj

but my map does not work right and other feature don't work
and a premium account is pretty much useless.

dukefan7777777

you guys are right but it is better than nothing!

Are their any updates? I called AT&T again and they said that they would re-look at some stuff about the IP address then they never called back

dukefan7777777

Ok i can now log onto W18 without a proxy and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Morthy thanks for anything/everything you did to look into it all!

-Krc

Two BANNED members who couldn't log on before now can

Looks like it's fixed :D