W1v v/s w2v

DeletedUser

No no its not an exaggeration, if anything "King" is a bit of an insult, I'd say we are the Gods of No Hauls (You must be loving my ego, Al? :D). won w56 and now winning w71. We went through all sorts of obstacles in both worlds and we come out and coming out on top. We were in Venus' shoe in w56.. a lot less members but bigger accounts than our enemy. In this world the role was reversed for us.. more members with smaller accounts against Venus' powerhouse accounts. It goes to show that its not about the merges that gets us through.. we adapt to situations presented to us and make the most of what we got at out disposal.

This is not me making excuses for why we're winning just SOME of the facts :)

DeletedUser113438

Seems W2V are the kings of No Hauls after all.

Though, looking at the maps over time I noticed a few things. One, W2V really benefited from Venus's catastrophic dysfunction, and still W2V hasn't actually penetrated that side of the world. Khan's borders look largely unchanged as well. The only dramatic change I have seen in the maps is RoyalE turning blue.

I am just a map observer, so keep that in mind if this point makes you quiver in rage. I'm sure the front lines move slowly due to density of villages. Also, I quit this world so I have no right to poop on anyone's parade. Had I stayed I would have liked to follow Contra to W2V so this is not intended to cause hate and discontent. Miss you all. Hope Martin and Jamie are still around :)

Martin disappeared : ( jamie is kind of around, most of the contra players just watch the forums and maps now as well, I wish crimmy would make an appearance!

Bo-John-bo

W2V are pushing back the entire border rather than just penetrate deeply. I used to have an isolated village in western k44. I can now see blue all over the map. I'd rather our steady advance than a charge to the middle of venus that would open up a lot more villages for defending

A lot of the contra guys seemed to lose motivation once they joined us, we still have some great players kicking as though. Bullet is immense!

DeletedUser

No no its not an exaggeration, if anything "King" is a bit of an insult, I'd say we are the Gods of No Hauls (You must be loving my ego, Al? :D). won w56 and now winning w71. We went through all sorts of obstacles in both worlds and we come out and coming out on top. We were in Venus' shoe in w56.. a lot less members but bigger accounts than our enemy. In this world the role was reversed for us.. more members with smaller accounts against Venus' powerhouse accounts. It goes to show that its not about the merges that gets us through.. we adapt to situations presented to us and make the most of what we got at out disposal.

This is not me making excuses for why we're winning just SOME of the facts :)

Again, not trying to dispute any of your work in this world, because you are the worthy winners :)

It's just that you have been VERY fortunate with some of the things that have happened :p

DeletedUser

I can second LGO there. You guys did great, though the winds were in your favour so to say.

DeletedUser

Can you give some examples? Because we suffered the same problems normal tribes get.. Inactivity, Players slacking off not deciding to send their nukes and defense, sit problems, accounts unwatched during OPs, internal bickering. If its the disbanding that you'll use as an example.. we got disbanded in w56 and still came out on top.. different world i know but we did experience that as well.. mostly same bunch of leadership that dealt with it at the time..

DeletedUser107718

Congratulations to your victory W2v! Very well deserved. The fact that most of you hold yourselves in extremely high regards (wanted to use another word but that'd just be removed and be rewarded with a warning) although your individual player skills are nothing special is not very admirable however, but I guess no one is perfect. Shoutout to Martin, crim, Jamie, Mesut, drluminus and Max. Been a pleasure playing with you.

DeletedUser

[01/02/2014 02:09:08] Thallasian: ...
[01/02/2014 02:09:12] Thallasian: I'm pretty sure I can win
[01/02/2014 02:09:34] Curious George: you wont, Venus wont win the world
[01/02/2014 02:09:40] Curious George: nor will snakez or khan
[01/02/2014 02:09:47] Thallasian: oh?
[01/02/2014 02:09:49] Thallasian: w2v will?
[01/02/2014 02:09:50] Curious George: W2V will
[01/02/2014 02:09:51] Curious George: yes
[01/02/2014 02:09:55] Curious George: I bet you 1pp :|

You owe me 1pp :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

To all the Contra guys giving shoutouts, including darkx in game, thanks :) Those still around still remember you guys and wish you could be here with us :) we fought great fights together and I sure hope to find you guys on an upcoming world! We will make you guys proud on this one :)

DeletedUser107718

[01/02/2014 02:09:08] Thallasian: ...
[01/02/2014 02:09:12] Thallasian: I'm pretty sure I can win
[01/02/2014 02:09:34] Curious George: you wont, Venus wont win the world
[01/02/2014 02:09:40] Curious George: nor will snakez or khan
[01/02/2014 02:09:47] Thallasian: oh?
[01/02/2014 02:09:49] Thallasian: w2v will?
[01/02/2014 02:09:50] Curious George: W2V will
[01/02/2014 02:09:51] Curious George: yes
[01/02/2014 02:09:55] Curious George: I bet you 1pp :|

You owe me 1pp :icon_neutral:
Haha nice one George! You were right all along :). I intend on giving w75 a try (Although I am really disgusted by the autotagger, 1% fake limit and 150 ms gap), but if I see you there I'll be more than happy to oblige to your bet reward. ;)

Bo-John-bo

Congratulations to your victory W2v! Very well deserved. The fact that most of you hold yourselves in extremely high regards (wanted to use another word but that'd just be removed and be rewarded with a warning) although your individual player skills are nothing special is not very admirable however, but I guess no one is perfect. Shoutout to Martin, crim, Jamie, Mesut, drluminus and Max. Been a pleasure playing with you.

I would say most of W2V admit we aren't the most 'skilled' players and we hold W2V in high regard, not ourselves. I know I would lose to the majority of players on my own :lol:
And if that's directed at saun, well I wouldn't take him seriously

DeletedUser111085

W2V have got where they are because they are a team and not a group of individuals, simples.

DeletedUser107718

I would say most of W2V admit we aren't the most 'skilled' players and we hold W2V in high regard, not ourselves. I know I would lose to the majority of players on my own :lol:
I see. In that case I apologize for my offensive comment.

DeletedUser104264

When you are truly playing as a team, things are done differently. As an individual, you play differently. You do things to maximize return as a tribe overall rather than just yourself. Many players simply do the latter assuming if they do well, the tribe does well. One on one, there will always be someone better in some fashion. I cannot snipe as fast as willy or oldman for example. I have a different build from other players because it complements what others in the tribe have. It does not maximize my growth but I believe it helps the tribe overall.

I think most of the criticism we get is because we often don't time our attacks/support the vast majority of the time. I have simply found it unnecessary to do so most of the time. The sleep I save in doing so is worth more than a few extra won villages. 99% of the players out there do not need to have timed attacks to be defeated. Tight trains are not necessary most of the time either, hence trains sent from phones are not uncommon.

When we were nobling out blacklist (I think that was his name). He commented that the trains would have been easy to snipe, if he had anything to snipe with. That's our most common way to defeat the enemy...

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think most of the criticism we get is because we often don't time our attacks/support the vast majority of the time. I have simply found it unnecessary to do so most of the time. The sleep I save in doing so is worth more than a few extra won villages. 99% of the players out there do not need to have timed attacks to be defeated.

agreed. This timing thing is over rated. Just carpet nuke, cat and have fun :D

it worked in w56 and looks like it's working again in w71. ( and of course it's working for me in w70:D)

btw congrats to w2v for defeating Venus/w1v

Timothy Mus

Tribe Mate of the Year 2021
Reaction score

you too my friend :)
We hate Mayhem together.

that bitch took Contra from us.
But W2V are good to very nice people :)

you deserve to win too. you are one of them best player i have played with.

Go hard W2V! :):)

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
To all the Contra guys giving shoutouts, including darkx in game, thanks :) Those still around still remember you guys and wish you could be here with us :) we fought great fights together and I sure hope to find you guys on an upcoming world! We will make you guys proud on this one :)

Thanks buddy. I still remember when we were getting tired of W2V taking villages from players we were op'ing :lol: we wanted to kill them, until they invited us. I'm glad they did

Muldie325

It does not maximize my growth but I believe it helps the tribe overall.

I remember you sitting on 2 vills for like 2 weeks+

It blew my mind.

Edit: Just checked twstats, and yes it was 17 days you sat on 2 vills
By the time you conquered a third I had 23.

What you can do for your tribe at 2 vills that you can't do at 23 is my question.

Last edited:

DeletedUser105718

It blew my mind.

What you can do for your tribe at 2 vills that you can't do at 23 is my question.
How long do you usually play worlds for?

DeletedUser104264

It blew my mind.

I guess it would blow your mind. But given the result, I would venture to say I took the right path.