W1v v/s w2v

Muldie325

How long do you usually play worlds for?

I don't win worlds, I leave. Novko wins worlds because he stays. I'm not sure what the relevance of your post is other than to point out that world winners are not the best players.

I guess it would blow your mind. But given the result, I would venture to say I took the right path.

You are the stream that slowly erodes a mountain side. I am a man with a large digger who clears out a lake in a tiny tiny percentage of the time. I hope to prove that my way of clearing land is more effective, but alas the slow trickle of water points out that over many thousands of years he has managed to clear out a bit more land than I did, so he must be right. *sigh* I know I will never have the patience to clear out a whole river, so I can never fully defeat this argument.

Last edited:

gargareth

I guess it would blow your mind. But given the result, I would venture to say I took the right path.

Or you could come to the conclusion that not quitting a world leads to doing better on a world in the long run than quitting that world does.

Good job on winning though (I really don't know how to make that last bit sound not sarcastic given the first bit but it really isn't meant to be- your tribe did the best out of people who continued to play- thats something)

DeletedUser104264

I don't win worlds, I leave. Novko wins worlds because he stays. I'm not sure what the relevance of your post is other than to point out that world winners are not the best players.

You are the stream that slowly erodes a mountain side. I am a man with a large digger who clears out a lake in a tiny tiny percentage of the time. I hope to prove that my way of clearing land is more effective, but alas the slow trickle of water points out that over many thousands of years he has managed to clear out a bit more land than I did, so he must be right. *sigh* I know I will never have the patience to clear out a whole river, so I can never fully defeat this argument.

Exactly. Our goals are different; thus, our style of play is different as a result. I don't claim to be the best one-on-one player, but I am good one, and what I do is conducive to the tribe ending the world as a winner. I founded a premade tribe and we are going to win with many of the starting people lasting until the end. Not many can say that.

Muldie325

I agree you did a good job of winning the world, and I think that slowing your growth for the good of the tribe.. clearing for tribemates etc, is all good. I just don't think you can justify such a huge deficit in growth purely with this reason.

Bo-John-bo

Most people know that you are a good start up player muldie but it mean squat once you quit. Yea sure you can do more with 20 villages than 2, but when those 20 villages quit the 2 will win every time. No one in W2V had the fastest growth because we had numerous tribes aligned against us from the start but they are all dead and we are going to win.

DeletedUser104264

I agree you did a good job of winning the world, and I think that slowing your growth for the good of the tribe.. clearing for tribemates etc, is all good. I just don't think you can justify such a huge deficit in growth purely with this reason.

Well, I lost all my defense defending Taz who turned around and cleared villages for Willy (in Mom). And Taz failed a prenoble for me early on and I lost that big swath of D (you likely remember). A lot was going on early game which held us back.

DeletedUser

well i got rimmed at the start of this world as soon as BP ended fml. so am i the land or the lake in muldie's metaphor?

gargareth

Most people know that you are a good start up player muldie but it mean squat once you quit. Yea sure you can do more with 20 villages than 2, but when those 20 villages quit the 2 will win every time.

You're saying that in the long run quitting is not the way to win? :O

Next you'll be telling me that not joining a world at all is a bad idea if you're trying to win it.

Bo-John-bo

You're saying that in the long run quitting is not the way to win? :O

Next you'll be telling me that not joining a world at all is a bad idea if you're trying to win it.

I am saying that just because someone can conquer more villages in a certain time frame, it doesn't mean squat. I'd much rather have a tribe full of novkos than muldies (not that I wouldn't like a few muldies at the start :lol:)

roman01

I am saying that just because someone can conquer more villages in a certain time frame, it doesn't mean squat. I'd much rather have a tribe full of novkos than muldies (not that I wouldn't like a few muldies at the start :lol:)

^If you're the Lord Marshall Thomas I knew whilst I was playing for VirtualHeadAche in Vibe, then decent point.

Although quite regularly the reason undercapable players have for surviving is the innocence aspect, after start up I'm pretty sure you were left alone as few tribes worried about you.

Quite rightly, you ended up outnumbering people with quantity and not through onslaughtering persistence (Start up may have been for your tribe but it didn't look like that afterwards).

Don't get me wrong, you've done an excellent job of manipulating and recruiting your way thus far and the disorganisation of W1V may have disappointed you (Whilst also papering over your weak points as a tribe)... Although I initially figured you done the amount of diplo you did due to their abilities and reptoire of their core.

Do you think you would have taken a different approach to diplo had you not rated Venus/Stop etc as highly?

Last edited:

charshaun

Bo is right.. It is all down to team work. I have had the pleasure of being in W2V for 2 worlds now and i have to say no tribe has come close to the team work that we have!!

Muldie was a force at the start of this world but so was Novko, Muldie grew and grew and we was like what are we going to do about him? Novko said his usual response (we cat him :D)

MOM was a real problem at the start of w71 we had a real hard time with them especially when contra and D**K started hitting us at the same time we was more that 10 times smaller than them combined, but we worked as one and we got through it in the end.

Also to the players are saying we have only won this world due to merging.. It takes good leadership to make merges work.. If we did not have a strong council we would have fallen apart mergers can kill a tribe if it is not done in the right way.

***Disclaimer sorry if this is a boring post i was drunk :)***

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Some of the most crazy posts i have ever seen ramon you should really learn the facts, What have you done exactly ? apart from talk utter BS on these forums ?

The losers always make excuses that is why you are losers.

As for the recruiting we did it right you did not see us recruiting a whole bunch of enemies did you just allies which in my view is the right thing to do we help those who help us, We could of recruited any player we wished for but did not i even got another mail just today.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/NicoleRenee1984/ImPathetic_zpsf58a37f5.jpg

DeletedUser104264

^If you're the Lord Marshall Thomas I knew whilst I was playing for VirtualHeadAche in Vibe, then decent point.

Although quite regularly the reason undercapable players have for surviving is the innocence aspect, after start up I'm pretty sure you were left alone as few tribes worried about you.

Quite rightly, you ended up outnumbering people with quantity and not through onslaughtering persistence (Start up may have been for your tribe but it didn't look like that afterwards).

Don't get me wrong, you've done an excellent job of manipulating and recruiting your way thus far and the disorganisation of W1V may have disappointed you (Whilst also papering over your weak points as a tribe)... Although I initially figured you done the amount of diplo you did due to their abilities and reptoire of their core.

Do you think you would have taken a different approach to diplo had you not rated Venus/Stop etc as highly?

Our diplomacy was established long before Venus was ever an issue. So no, our diplomacy had nothing to do with how we rated Venus. It had been all about defeating Contra. That said, Contra and W2V did recognize a mutual enemy in Venus, then worked together and eventually merged to defeat Venus. The transition from former enemies to merge happened relatively quickly and that did not effect our established diplomacy originally put in place to defeat Contra.

We already did the onslaught persistence method on w56 and won with 34 members. Due to the heavy recruiting nature on this world, we adjusted accordingly. The beauty of recruiting new people is that now we have a much deeper reservoir of excellent players for another premade. Some of these are novice recruits that have turned into good team players. Some are seasoned players we are glad to have had the opportunity to play alongside with.

In terms of 'undercapable', I guess you will have to define what that means. I guess I will have solace in the fact that at least we aren't being called backstabbers this time around :D

Muldie325

Muldie was a force at the start of this world but so was Novko, Muldie grew and grew and we was like what are we going to do about him? Novko said his usual response (we cat him :D)

Think one of my clay pits was dropped from 30 to 25, and a lost a couple of academys or something. I wasn't too concerned with the cats. XD

I also still don't know why you guys recruited gibby from contra. He lost a couple of villages to you, and held the rest thanks to lots of tribe support, and then jumped ship? then when he was attacked again in w2v he just quit. I never liked that move.

Last edited:

roman01

Fair enough Novko, thanks for cleaning that up!

If you see Ratius, could you PM me here on the externals as that'd be great.

The real W2 players here in Khan miss him lol, myself included.

DeletedUser105718

I was trying to point out that doing different things might constitute to how long you play the world. If the way he plays is lazy enough for him so he wins a world. It's not bad.

DeletedUser111085

I was trying to point out that doing different things might constitute to how long you play the world. If the way he plays is lazy enough for him so he wins a world. It's not bad.

Not everyone enjoys playing things lazy, not saying playing lazy is a bad thing as it can work but from time to time having alot of wars can be alot of fun even if you do end up getting rimmed in the end.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

What about a tribe full of almurphs

DeletedUser105718

Not everyone enjoys playing things lazy, not saying playing lazy is a bad thing as it can work but from time to time having alot of wars can be alot of fun even if you do end up getting rimmed in the end.
So?