W20 Map Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

After creating a map and sending it to me via PM so that I can add them to This Thread, I highly recommend people posting their maps in here for community discussion. Please do NOT quote images here. If you are quoting someone's map, please remove the IMG tags!

I have closed the other map discussion thread as well as I would rather be able to keep track of it from the start than to go months back in time to try and clean the whole thing up. You can find the link to the old thread here. I will also reserve the post after this one for the 'newest' map just make sure you keep PMing me with these.

DeletedUser

Just posting here so people know. My dominance map has a small error in it, but it shouldn't effect anyone. There's apparently something wrong in the math calculations and whatnot that I made some time ago to figure out at what coordinates of the map to place the tribe tag's on the map. It's only for a few small rim tribes that are supposed to be labeled at the very top of the map, but they're labeled on the very west. I'll fix it when I can, but as they're rim tribes and no one cares about them, it's not a top priority for me.

DeletedUser

Could we please keep at least one of the updating map threads stickied? I understand that we don't need two but this world doesn't have many mapmakers and I'd like to be able to have easy references daily.

DeletedUser

Could we please keep at least one of the updating map threads stickied? I understand that we don't need two but this world doesn't have many mapmakers and I'd like to be able to have easy references daily.

Those maps are under the Official W20 Maps thread.

DeletedUser

Ok thank you I didn't have time to check the whole forum then but noticed they were off.

DeletedUser

I was just wondering, how much percent of points does the top tribe in a K have to have to qualify on airsofter's continent dominance map?

DeletedUser

I believe I have it set to the tribe needing 1.5m points in the K for it to appear. It might be at 1.75m though, I can't remember what I set it to. I've been upping the requirement occasionally as there are 50 colors on that map already, and I really can't be bothered adding more colors:icon_razz:

benbrown5

I like the way Prime and NA3 looks so similar on either side of the world, kind of like symmetrical and flipped.

DeletedUser

Just posting here so people know. My dominance map has a small error in it, but it shouldn't effect anyone. There's apparently something wrong in the math calculations and whatnot that I made some time ago to figure out at what coordinates of the map to place the tribe tag's on the map. It's only for a few small rim tribes that are supposed to be labeled at the very top of the map, but they're labeled on the very west. I'll fix it when I can, but as they're rim tribes and no one cares about them, it's not a top priority for me.

echem, I'm In a RIM TRIBE. AND I CARE ABOUT THEM:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

DeletedUser

I am in the rim tribe if you say so, the nomenclature used is absurd although i would be happy if i can see the names where the tribe actually lies and not in k50,40 or whatever

DeletedUser

I am in the rim tribe if you say so, the nomenclature used is absurd although i would be happy if i can see the names where the tribe actually lies and not in k50,40 or whatever

What nomenclature? Rim?

And I said I'd fix it. I also said it's not one of my top priorities. Until then, you're going to have to deal with it. I'm so sorry this has inconvenienced you:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

mate i mean to say that guys here think that people in continents like6,16 are noobs and inexperienced and such tribes are not given importance and our undee estimated , ITs not such a big issue.

clintax117

Wasn't there a 'point whores' map that had requirements for a tribe to be listed somewhere?

ex. Tribe must have at least 10 players or be top 50 to be shown.

DeletedUser

you can say so but then a tribe less then 10 players is not actuaaly a tribe as such