W26 History Thread

DeletedUser

Sry, just realised I messed up.
I was thinking about SOLYNT, ANGER and those tribes.

DeletedUser

I remember Nomad, I once described them as 'the WAB of the South'.
Low membercount, high average points per member.

I was a fan back then.

*/me bangs his head repeatedly against the wall*

DeletedUser35787

ANGER? ANGER was made up of Fuct memebers, and they never recruited anyone after Fuct disbanded did they? My memory is hazy from those times.

DeletedUser

Yeah, Nomad used to always look good. Until one day they recruited some S~A~S refugees!!!

But your still alright. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

There were 2 ANGERS one in the north west who were declared or attacked by Pills! and one was the fuct remenants.

Actually, Nomad has good players mdec etc and i think the EX-LoS players form the majority of the good players there...

DeletedUser

There were 2 ANGERS one in the north west who were declared or attacked by Pills! and one was the fuct remenants.

Actually, Nomad has good players mdec etc and i think the EX-LoS players form the majority of the good players there...

You'd be surprised...though there are some good ones from there, they don't form the "majority."

DeletedUser

i still think they formed the majority of good players in Nomad.

DeletedUser

You'd be surprised...though there are some good ones from there, they don't form the "majority."

Depends on which ANGER.
The one in the North was just a disaster.

The one in the South had some experienced players, but none them can compete with the newer players.

It's easy to play tw with a 7 million-account. Just nuke away and stack all.
It's hard to then switch over to a 300 k account where sniping, recap'ing is much more used, and where nukes and D's have a bigger value then when you're 30 times that size.

DeletedUser

booza i think he was reffering to the ex LoS players in Nomad.

DeletedUser

The Ex-LOS players definitely knew how to gobble up villages....from weak, unprotected, small players down in the south...

But I still think that the original Nomad players were just as good, if not better (tighter group) than the LOS ones that joined later.

But hey, it's all a matter of opinion/perspective...and I of course know which side you were on... ;)

DeletedUser

The Ex-LOS players definitely knew how to gobble up villages....from weak, unprotected, small players down in the south...

But I still think that the original Nomad players were just as good, if not better (tighter group) than the LOS ones that joined later.

But hey, it's all a matter of opinion/perspective...and I of course know which side you were on... ;)

The noob-side.
Until he joined RT offcourse.

DeletedUser

Depends on which ANGER.
The one in the North was just a disaster.

The one in the South had some experienced players, but none them can compete with the newer players.

It's easy to play tw with a 7 million-account. Just nuke away and stack all.
It's hard to then switch over to a 300 k account where sniping, recap'ing is much more used, and where nukes and D's have a bigger value then when you're 30 times that size.

I hear you. On w6 I'm a legend just by sending some nukes and acting tough on the PnP, on new worlds I have even gotten nobled by first timers before :p

DeletedUser

Its even MORE fun when you're at the beginning stages of the game, sitting on less than 100k points and sniping/troop conservation it practically a MUST. The reality of getting fully rimmed is a real motivator at the beginning. (And the battles are quicker, too!)

stecfc

Very tough one this Mitsche as I know all of the players very well. What happened was when the LoS players arrived they came with the experience of larger scale war with RT.

They were players looking for a tribe after the disband of LoS and we accomodated them and some MKLoS players due to our tribe being the best in K84/K74.

There is no shame in admitting (I'll speak for myself) that I learned from at least one of the LoS players when they arrived. However I reckon we all improved. Artyfufkin really did a great job with Nomad. Even now the auto generated map shows a 99.48% dominance in K84....probably the highest on the world for domination.

Big Yella Jeep and some of the recruits from smaller tribes like SAS we knew were good players who we knew would make good additions and have done so. The rest who we knew wouldn't be able to play against better opponents...were slaughtered.

stecfc

Its even MORE fun when you're at the beginning stages of the game, sitting on less than 100k points and sniping/troop conservation it practically a MUST. The reality of getting fully rimmed is a real motivator at the beginning. (And the battles are quicker, too!)

Yeah between 100-250k was good.