W2V's Bedside Manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

To dispell unfavourable rumours...
Kingtiger501 said:
kingtiger501 on 10.01.2012 at 00:39
Thanks Quote Edit
The time has come to hang up my gloves and call it a day.

The account will be left with W2V and leadership will decide its fate.

I would like to thank W2V for the blast that we had against MOM and all the support that got sent my way. It has by far been my most enjoyable battles on TW even though I was attacked while I had exams and the power supply of my computer shit its self and I could not log on as much as I would of liked.

I wish you the best of luck and but that is not needed, W2V has this world in the bag.

Regards

KT

The password was duly passed, to do 'as we deemed fit'. As he did not have much time to play, a backline account was offered as an alternative. But KT wanted time out, and did not want to play for at least a while. Then came this: (emphasis added)
Kingtiger said:
[17-1-2012 10:22:06] kingtiger_501: Why was the PW changed on my account?
[17-1-2012 10:49:28] Ralyn: Because LL had to change accounts, and you can't know the passwords for two accounts.
[17-1-2012 10:50:05] kingtiger_501: could he please forward it to me please
[17-1-2012 10:50:22] Ralyn: Why?
[17-1-2012 10:50:41] kingtiger_501: I would like it
[17-1-2012 10:50:54] Ralyn: Obviously. Are you going to play, or are you quitting?
[17-1-2012 10:51:53] kingtiger_501: I dont plan on playing. I would like to be able to pop on my account now and then to see the world
[17-1-2012 10:54:17] Ralyn: Quickest way is http://en56.tribalwars.net/guest.php
[17-1-2012 10:56:15] Ralyn: If you really want the login I'll mail LL for you, but you won't be able to return on a different account that way. I gave LL the account on the premise that he would (be able to) play alone, and that if you wanted a backseat role you would be able to take a backline account.
[17-1-2012 11:05:33] kingtiger_501: I have not decided on your offer as of yet. Could you please inform me on my options please?
[17-1-2012 11:05:48] Ralyn: The options of accounts you could take, you mean?
[17-1-2012 11:05:54] kingtiger_501: yes sir
[17-1-2012 11:08:26] Ralyn: [censored]
[17-1-2012 11:10:15] kingtiger_501: Ok, I will let you know in 1 week
[17-1-2012 11:10:45] kingtiger_501: I want to play but afraid I will get hooked again and play too much
[17-1-2012 11:10:55] Ralyn: Sure, take a while to think about it.
[17-1-2012 11:11:30] kingtiger_501: GN, talk to you soon
[17-1-2012 11:13:37] Ralyn: Have a good one

Still good, right? All hands above the table, nobody hurt... right?

Kingtiger said:
[24-1-2012 12:32:45] kingtiger_501: Hi mate, please forward me the PW for my account, thanks.
[24-1-2012 20:57:49] kingtiger_501: you there mate?
[24-1-2012 21:37:15] Ralyn: Heya
[24-1-2012 21:37:17] Ralyn: I am yeah, what's up?
[24-1-2012 21:38:28] kingtiger_501: Whats the PW for my account?
[24-1-2012 21:43:47] Ralyn: I have no idea, LL has it
[24-1-2012 21:43:51] Ralyn: You coming back then?
[24-1-2012 21:56:27] kingtiger_501: nope

[24-1-2012 21:56:44] kingtiger_501: who is LL?
[24-1-2012 21:57:53] Ralyn: LivnLarge.
[24-1-2012 21:58:01] Ralyn: You're not coming back, but still want your account?
[24-1-2012 21:58:38] kingtiger_501: Nope, I want to just pop in now and then and look at the account
[24-1-2012 21:59:03] Ralyn: To be honest, we're at war
[24-1-2012 21:59:11] Ralyn: Your account is currently hovering around 4000 incomings.
[24-1-2012 21:59:23] Ralyn: Please use the guest-login or delay your request a bit.
[24-1-2012 22:02:00] kingtiger_501: The time, effort and money I have put into the account I found your response insulting. Have I not proved my loyalty and that I am a trusty worthy person. your actions are leaving a very sour taste in my mouth
[24-1-2012 22:02:23] Ralyn: I'm not talking about your damned loyalty
[24-1-2012 22:02:44] Ralyn: I'm talking about the fact that you want to log in on an acc during war, without doing any work, while the rest of us are working hard at defending the damn thing.
[24-1-2012 22:03:33] Ralyn: You wanted to quit, so you quit. You can't have other people run it and willy nilly kick them off to 'see how it's going', that is insulting to the people who are out there tagging and sniping.
[24-1-2012 22:03:44] Ralyn: If you want back in, get back in. If you want to quit, quit.
[24-1-2012 22:04:12] Ralyn: If you want the pass, I'll mail livnLarge for you, but don't tell me I'm being insulting because I consider what's best for the tribe and not what's best for you.
[24-1-2012 22:09:41] kingtiger_501: Thankyou for your time, I now know what I am dealing with.
[24-1-2012 22:16:26] Ralyn: Alright, let me know if you want to come back or want to peek at a time the acc isn't getting battered. Cheers.
Perhaps I was more temperamental than would have been ideal, but hey, KT had been with us for a long time, we had defended his account from thousands of incomings, catapulted him to #1 ODD, enabled him to survive repeated onslaughts, cut a deal with [T] for them to stop their Op... And he had quit. As such, (and per the rules) we had a new owner who was doing well when KT randomly wanted to look in. We asked him to delay his request, or alternatively take up a backline acc and look through sitting.
kingtiger501 said:
[6:12:50 PM] kingtiger_501: I just thought of a idea
[6:12:54 PM] James Clarke: Hmm?
[6:13:57 PM] kingtiger_501: My objective is to look at the account9and to have control of the account if I decide to play another world but I cant see this happening for some time?
[6:14:25 PM] James Clarke: Go on..
[6:14:34 PM] kingtiger_501: I could be on another account and get the sit for 5 min a week

[6:14:40 PM] James Clarke: (y)
[6:14:55 PM] James Clarke: We DO have other accts. available.
[6:14:59 PM] James Clarke: Some frontline some backline.
[6:15:47 PM] kingtiger_501: I want to play but chose not too as I am applying for jobs where there is no internet connection
[6:16:13 PM] kingtiger_501: I am trying to work in the mines
[6:16:38 PM] James Clarke: A dangerous job in any country.
[6:16:45 PM] James Clarke: I wish you safe working.
[6:16:56 PM] kingtiger_501: Thankyou, I hope I get in
[6:17:10 PM] James Clarke: Well.
[6:17:19 PM] James Clarke: We can certainly get you on a backline acct.
[6:17:43 PM] James Clarke: So it'd not detract too much time.
[6:17:46 PM] James Clarke: From studies and work.
[6:17:52 PM] James Clarke: And would require minimal logging in.
[6:18:01 PM] kingtiger_501: 30 min a day?
[6:18:07 PM] James Clarke: Works.
Yes, he said, that would be acceptable. All solved, right? Some ruffled feathers here and there (in my opinion for little reason, but some people are simply quick to be insulted)...

kingtiger501 said:
[25-1-2012 23:09:24] kingtiger_501: The lack of respect shown from W2V leadership will no longer be tolerated. Piss poor decisions gets piss poor results. This is something that you have brought onto yourselfs.
Lo and behold, he uses what I shall refer to as the Bobby-System to overturn the acc's change of owner (pass + email, both of which were already changed in accordance to the system and the cancel-period expired) to get the acc back, and leaves W2V. To quote the earlier link:
rules said:
Important: If you give away your account it no longer belongs to you. If you change your mind later on and try to reclaim control of the account this will be treated as illegal entry to an account.

I think that, whatever your opinion about W2V's dastardly leadership, it can not be argued that W2V acted under the table in any way. I think it can also not be argued that this situation is favourable to W2V. Lastly, I think it can not be argued that we were in the wrong here. Regardless of your opinion of W2V, we do whatever we can to play without breaching the system in any way.

(To Orel; I believe I worded it as such to make it legal, if not please contact me for an edit instead of a deletion.)
Note: This topic is not to discuss bans. It is to get the full story out there about what happened to the KT account.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Clearly W2V have not done anything wrong as a tribe here or done any dirty tactics. However it seems evident that KT was handled in the wrong way.

If I was handing over an account I had started for the good of the tribe I would at least want to be able to access it still.

DeletedUser

All I can say is that KTs recent actions besmirched a name that up until this point was known for good defending and tribal loyalty.

Shame to see he's forgotten who kept him alive vs. MoM, got [T] to end an op. on him, and kept his account in running shape when he quit WITH NO SIGN OR COMMENT TO EVEN SUGGEST THAT HE'D COME BACK.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see where KT is coming from though, i don't see the harm in giving him the pass to log in for 5-10 mins a day ? I know i would like to be able to log in and see how things are going and have a little chat with old friends after i have left. He wouldn't be on for long so it's not exactly going to be a huge timeframe for anything to happen and he has already proved he is loyal so theres no risk of spying or passing on info.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
W2V backstabbing more people... did I expect any less :icon_cool: :lol:

I see where KT is coming from though, i don't see the harm in giving him the pass to log in for 5-10 mins a day ? I know i would like to be able to log in and see how things are going and have a little chat with old friends after i have left. He wouldn't be on for long so it's not exactly going to be a huge timeframe for anything to happen and he has already proved he is loyal so theres no risk of spying or passing on info.

Problem with this is with 4000 incommings he could easily log on during tagging or sniping or timing defence to arrive which would not only mess up his own accoun but potentially a whole host of others.

DeletedUser

Problem with this is with 4000 incommings he could easily log on during tagging or sniping or timing defence to arrive which would not only mess up his own accoun but potentially a whole host of others.

Not to mention we offered alternatives and even just coming back at a later date.

DeletedUser

Makes perfect logic from a leadership standpoint and just goes to show how attached you can become to a TW account and world. The best quit is a full quit; works out for the tribe and yourself a lot better.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Not to mention we offered alternatives and even just coming back at a later date.

[6:14:55 PM] James Clarke: We DO have other accts. available.
[6:14:59 PM] James Clarke: Some frontline some backline.

Why do I get the feeling its just you and roo sitting all the accounts in W2V. :lol:

DeletedUser

KT was lucky to be in a tribe that did help its members. He also had help from another tribe against MoM. Instead of being grateful, he made 2 self-glorifying threads but hey, it was overlooked by most.

He made it clear that he did not want to play. If he wanted to get back and chat, he could have used one of the other accounts offered to him. Nobody totally outed him. He just felt that his needs were greater then the best interests of a tribe. The account was being hammered.. what would happen if the new owner was trying to snipe or dodge or whatever whilst this guy wanted to come on and have his little look around?

We all put time and effort into our accounts and as such form some attachment. However, once you make the decision to quit, you have to just let it go. To stuff up a fellow member from his tribe that accepted the task of taking care of his account, and the rest of the tribe that helped him multiple times, is disgusting. His actions portray him as a selfish little brat who resorted to below the belt measures just coz he didn't get every whim attended to.

Every leader can feel for Rukoh here. You can never please all your members no matter how hard you try and do what is best for your tribe. Luckily, there are always some members who become friends and make all the extra time and effort worth it.

DeletedUser

I think KT was treated badly. It is his account, and although he said he was quiting, he obviously changed is mind, or just wanted to co play. there is no harm in wanting to keep interest in a world and account you have spent days of effort on. What a player wants to do with an account, or how much he wants to log on does not have to benefit the tribe, if he chose to only log in 5 minutes a day, why cant he? Its not for you to choose, what you can decide is whether the player on the account is doing what is in your tribes interest. Similarly, letting a player on an account to play one world should not stop him from playing another with the name. Also, the rules may state that once an account has been given away, trying to reclaim it is illegal, however if the email had not been changed, then the account is still his technically. You should have just given him the pass, when he asked, to his own account and there would have been no problem.

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I am feeling bad for poor KT.He made the acc no 1 oda,odd...he deserves to login 5mins/day.It's just a game...no need to be so professional i guess

DeletedUser101652

I think KT was treated badly. It is his account, and although he said he was quiting, he obviously changed is mind, or just wanted to co play. there is no harm in wanting to keep interest in a world and account you have spent days of effort on. What a player wants to do with an account, or how much he wants to log on does not have to benefit the tribe, if he chose to only log in 5 minutes a day, why cant he? Its not for you to choose, what you can decide is whether the player on the account is doing what is in your tribes interest. Similarly, letting a player on an account to play one world should not stop him from playing another with the name. Also, the rules may state that once an account has been given away, trying to reclaim it is illegal, however if the email had not been changed, then the account is still his technically. You should have just given him the pass, when he asked, to his own account and there would have been no problem.

Apparently you can't friggin read! Here..try again!

Originally Posted by rules
Important: If you give away your account it no longer belongs to you. If you change your mind later on and try to reclaim control of the account this will be treated as illegal entry to an account.

DeletedUser

I have to disagree. Once you have given up your account, you have forfeited your right to its ownership. If he thought he was going to have second thoughts, he should have never given it up. He made the decision to give it up, gave permission for the tribe to use the account in its best interest, and washed his hands of it. W2V, from the information shown here, tried to accommodate his wishes to return in a way that would benefit both him and their tribe. They didn't even have to offer such, but they did anyways. He refused their offers, and acted like a petulant child.

DeletedUser

Apparently you can't friggin read! Here..try again!

Originally Posted by rules

I am pretty sure the account is only given away when the email changes completely. If the email is still his, why is it not his account?

DeletedUser

I am pretty sure the account is only given away when the email changes completely. If the email is still his, why is it not his account?

The email was changed and changed in the required time. TW reversed the change to give KT the acct.

I am feeling bad for poor KT.He made the acc no 1 oda,odd...he deserves to login 5mins/day.It's just a game...no need to be so professional i guess

Did you not read the bloody Op. post?

DeletedUser

The email was changed and changed in the required time. TW reversed the change to give KT the acct.

Did you not read the bloody Op. post?

Oh i thought he got it back by stopping the email change during the 14 day period. However i still think the situation was treated poorly, you guys should be nicer :p

DeletedUser

Oh i thought he got it back by stopping the email change during the 14 day period. However i still think the situation was treated poorly, you guys should be nicer :p

How could we be nicer than offering a backline acct. to sit his old one from, now and again, or just asking to wait as we kept it alive?

DeletedUser

All i can say is that TW Support wont bend the rules for one person no matter who is it.

For them to give the account back to the original owner there must have been some sort of evidence of foul play or wrong doing. Otherwise as stated they would have just told the original account holder " You gave it away and quit within the rules, you no longer are the rightful owner ".

Im not saying this is the leadership fault of W2V. But it be interesting to know the other half of the story

Status
Not open for further replies.