W30 Milestones

netjakdim

Agreeing to Disagree is fine with me sir, However on the mails I did not realize I had blown you off they seemed to me to be rather well covered and I thought the matter finished and handled. That is why I was rather offended by your previous response as it seemed that the previous communications through PM's were interpreted the wrong way.

As to the INTENTIONAL MISINTERPRETATION OR UNDERSTANDING sir, I have witnessed alot of skilled arguerers on these forums. I love watching how people argue and debate topics I am by no means on a top level but I do understand when someone can easily
out class me in such. I see you as one of these people that are very skilled in communicating.
More than likely you were some kind of Literature Major while at Uni. Therefore with my assumption on your level of knowledge I find it very difficult that they way you pick apart other peoples arguments that you misunderstood anything that I stated. To me it is as if you believed I would be an easy mark and once you countered any of my opinnions I would be ashamed and run off and hide. However I take alot of time in the majority of my posts as it is really the only way to improve. As such when someone delliberately tries to make one look like the village idiot or perhaps the incoherent babblings of a child, some would not run and hide but take offense to such and will clarify their positions. YES YES YES nowhere did you refer to me as the village idiot or child however I said your breakdown of my arguments would imply that I was. When I retaliate you come back and state that you misunderstood, which is rather convienient to me as I fully suspect you anticipated that I would just allow the discussion to drop.

Perhaps this is my flaw for being over critical on everything I do like to have fun and these forums are part of the fun however I have my preconceptions of people and I had you rated as higher than a simple misunderstanding of a post. Now someone as hotheaded as say AK or Paj although I believe they are quite skilled in arguing a point they have shown to be hotheaded and opinionated at times there I could believe in the heat of the moment they would have misunderstood however with your history I do not see this happening.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Again with the "Atraeus is too good to make mistakes, he must have done it on purpose!" * argument. People have used this against me while trying to exploit a mistake for the sake of getting one up on me for a little while now, but I assure you Netjak, I do make mistakes.

I sat down with my coffee, popped on the forums, and saw your post. I admit I skimmed it, and I have been being polite by not mentioning the composition as my reason thus far, but its the truth, and man no offense by that. Anyway, I posted a quick response based on what I saw in my skim. I admitted fault when your response made me reread your post. The fact that you think so highly of me is no justification for calling me a liar, something that Parmenion did just last weekend to support his case. The thing is, I know where Parmenion stands to gain by attacking me, but I don't understand where you do.

Kind of funny if you think about it. Badlap accused me of never admitting when I was wrong, yet every time I do, I'm told I'm too good to be wrong, and I'm wrong either way. Sounds like an agenda to me.

This quote perfectly shows how unrealistic and unreasonable your case is:
Perhaps this is my flaw for being over critical on everything I do like to have fun and these forums are part of the fun however I have my preconceptions of people and I had you rated as higher than a simple misunderstanding of a post.
We either choose to believe that I am above such mistakes, even first thing in the morning, or we choose to believe I am telling the truth. Personally, I can't see how you could expect yourself or other people to think I am infallible.

(paraphrased)

Last edited by a moderator:

netjakdim

The fact that you think so highly of me is no justification for calling me a liar

See sir there you go again trying to deflect my stating by stating something that I simply did not say. If I called you a liar please quote that line so that I may read it and if I did I apologize it is not in my nature to call people names. However the stating that I called you one to discredit I would think beneath your capabilities.
As for my gains by attacking you I simply am working to clear my character which is something I rather try to keep remotely clean on these forums as I am not an aggressive person so to speak in public. I tend to like to think and fancy the ability that I would hope I could get along with 99% of the people I meet or have contact with there are however some who for one reason or another simply do not care for me at all. I can live with this as it is not a perfect world and as you state no one is perfect but it is hard enough trying to keep a polite image without people changing your statements and adding their own words to make others see you in a darker image.

I see this is going nowhere so before we continue I want someone to find the statement and quote it were I used the word liar other than in this post.

DeletedUser

I see this is going nowhere so before we continue I want someone to find the statement and quote it were I used the word liar other than in this post.

Very simple Netjak. I said I made a mistake. You indicated you do not believe me, because it conflicts with your expectations of me. This denotes that you consider me lying about making a mistake. Hence, you consider me a liar. The term is implied. You imply a lot in your PnP I've noticed, but while an implication does not require exact words, it still stands to make a point.

So I will propose this: if you do not think I lied, then you are willing to believe that I misunderstood you, as I've said, yes? Sure, you could say you are unsure, but you made a hell of a fuss for an uncertainty with those last couple posts where you argued how "convenient" me making a mistake is.

C'mon Netjak, I admitted I was wrong, yet you have not even given me credit for this fact, even after unreasonably questioning it. If you are not calling me a liar, then what are you doing?

(Oh, and way to ignore the points made here.)

Gicusan

I only have a slight idea of what Atraeus wrotes from people posts. I can only asume it is his usual "rubish in many words". I am glad I cannot read it as it certainly does not deserve an answer.

That aside, I think I was clear about BD-MF relations. Speculations are usless as that is it. MF lives because it is useful. Being useful to us it is useful to them and gave them a new life in a very tough moment when all neighbours were preying on them. Now they are up and fighting. I wish them good fun and good luck!

DeletedUser

I only have a slight idea of what Atraeus wrotes from people posts. I can only asume it is his usual "rubish in many words". I am glad I cannot read it as it certainly does not deserve an answer.

That aside, I think I was clear about BD-MF relations. Speculations are usless as that is it. MF lives because it is useful. Being useful to us it is useful to them and gave them a new life in a very tough moment when all neighbours were preying on them. Now they are up and fighting. I wish them good fun and good luck!

I find it ironic that my rubbish is exactly what Gicu just wrote. I suppose there is something to say for Gicu not knowing that we are agreeing, lol!

netjakdim

No worries Atraeus sir for you are on his blocked list and it makes no difference how much you laughed.
As for not answering you points I feel that I made a reference to the first about the mails.
The rest of your points within that section I did not really see as to where they needed
a rebuttle as such to being relevant points.

As for the reference to the term "LIAR" yet again I merely did not believe you does not mean that I call you a liar it is just something that I have diffuculty being able to grasp as I stated I had formed a rather lofty opinnion of your literary abilities and then the all of a sudden crash to the excuses left me at a loss which I am not able to fully follow. Perhaps with time and experience these kind of things will become alot easier to understand and when I myself am better at mixing words with someone else I will not look so highly at others. Until that time comes though you will have to accept the fact that you once again read way to much into my writings as I spend alot of time going back and forth with my posts to make sure I have put down what I wanted to say. If I wanted to call someone something I would do my best to come right and and say it. As much since this is a game I would not accuse someone of lying anyway as much as I probably would accuse them of using Tactical PNP which I do not see in your posts but I know that you are probably more than capable of. I do so enjoy these text walls between us as it is giving me a chance to actually work my opinnions and points against someone I consider one of the better PNP'rs in the game. If you find any more flaws in my argument please point them out and I will do my best to try and prove my view relevant if not majoritally correct but please stop making conclusion that I am referencing to slandering folks.

DeletedUser

So you don't think I'm lying, you don't think its tactical PnP, and you don't think I was telling the truth, all at the same time?

Well, if you weren't implying that I was a liar, then I don't feel bad for thinking so, given this logic, but one way or the other, we've said our piece, and I still have my hands full elsewhere, so we can leave it at that.

netjakdim

so we can leave it at that.

I don't know where you think you are going sir, but just becuase this discussion is over doesn't mean that you can leave. On the contrary you do not tell a middle age king the world was round and then sail away. I am just beginning this will make good practice for me in the future win or lose arguments.

DeletedUser

I don't know where you think you are going sir, but just becuase this discussion is over doesn't mean that you can leave. On the contrary you do not tell a middle age king the world was round and then sail away. I am just beginning this will make good practice for me in the future win or lose arguments.

Fair enough.

You falsely accused me of holding a grudge, when I clearly don't. You falsely accused me of calling your points moot, when I clearly didn't. You intentionally tried to exploit my mistake to push a fake case against me, with the excuse that I am too good to make mistakes, even though you claim I'm not lying, nor using PnP, but offering no reasonable explanation for what is left. Everything I have posted has proven you are groundless on each of these fronts.

The fact is, you will not respect the reality that I made a mistake, you will not respect my display of decency in admitting this fact, you will not admit where you were wrong about your claims and accusations, and while claiming this is going nowhere, when I am willing to let it go and have previously stated I did not want a debate with you, you tell me no, that you want some experience.

I should feel honored that you look so highly upon me, but you must agree that there is nothing in good fun or educational about your demands and behavior (such that has stemmed into another, much more serious thread), when if your intentions were so innocent as to learn, you would have simply asked me to teach.

Finally, you use a PM to justify your failings, even though nothing in it, except a concern for me being condescending about age (perhaps relatable to a personal attack) that is relevant to this debate. I still have that mail, and have no qualms posting it here, so I fail to see where you have any kind of case there as well. Unless you can tell me, I'm sure you won't mind me posting the mail so you can point out to me and any readers just what aspect is related to your debate.

There, that about caught us up. Tag. You're it.

netjakdim

You may post the mail sir, for I no longer have a copy of it and as I believed we had covered our points in them I thought that mail session had ended. As for its relevance in this debate I never really did understand what it was but you were the one to first bring up the mail in correlation to our discussion.

I do not believe I falsely accused you of anything yet again you take an attacking tone in your post which perhaps 90% of these forums would also see as you having something against me. I see you post every so often about certain members attacking your posts basically for the sake of attacking you and nothing more. Perhaps you should look back to your first response and your continuing response at the percieved tones of your arguments.

As for not respecting the fact that you made a mistake this has nothing to do with respect as I have stated I think very highly of your skills and have much respect for your posting. I continually state it is just hard to swallow which should be simple enough to understand. It continually comes across to me that even though you say there are misunderstandings and such that there is not gray for this area either I accept your admission 100% as the truth or I am considering you a liar. There is no grounds in the middle that I simply can not just find it hard to believe and have accepted such as your side of the discussion.

"I don't know where you think you are going sir, but just becuase this discussion is over doesn't mean that you can leave."
Alright quoted this it seems to me that I stated this "discussion is over" in my previous post which does not seem to me like I told you "NO" as you state about us having a debate. I simply said you can not leave, there is always the chance for more debating down the road yet you do not give me the benefit of a peaceful statement you react as if it is an attack becuase that is how you seem to respond to me and expect I will do the same when I have not.

As for asking someone to teach that is what school is for, I find that these forums and actual interaction on occassion provide more of a potential learning curve then simply typing out an argument and sending it off to someone to correct. When you are reading along or actually involved in a discussion you get to understand more of the point counterpoint arguement which in turns I feel provides better understanding of how to word things so you don't get caught in the same traps in the future.

Your turn Teach :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You may post the mail sir, for I no longer have a copy of it and as I believed we had covered our points in them I thought that mail session had ended. As for its relevance in this debate I never really did understand what it was but you were the one to first bring up the mail in correlation to our discussion.
Atreaus we have discussed this through mails once before and I thought you and I had reached a central ground

That's strange, I was sure you were right about this, but when I went back and checked, this ^ quote was the first mention of it that I could find. I'd think I were making a mistake, but we both know I'm above that.
icon6.gif

I do not believe I falsely accused you of anything yet again you take an attacking tone in your post which perhaps 90% of these forums would also see as you having something against me. I see you post every so often about certain members attacking your posts basically for the sake of attacking you and nothing more. Perhaps you should look back to your first response and your continuing response at the percieved tones of your arguments.

Damn. Your right. Fine, I admit it! I hate you! Its those women! And that charming smile! Why, oh why can't I get girls like you! You are teh sex!

As for not respecting the fact that you made a mistake this has nothing to do with respect as I have stated I think very highly of your skills and have much respect for your posting. I continually state it is just hard to swallow which should be simple enough to understand. It continually comes across to me that even though you say there are misunderstandings and such that there is not gray for this area either I accept your admission 100% as the truth or I am considering you a liar. There is no grounds in the middle that I simply can not just find it hard to believe and have accepted such as your side of the discussion.

Now this I am dying to hear. I am all ears. I say I misunderstood. You say didn't misunderstand, but didn't lie about misunderstanding either. Where does that leave us? That I accidentally/intentionally misinterpreted you for no purpose other than to apologize and try to drop it after you would respond? Seriously man, define this middle ground. I'm truly curious.

"I don't know where you think you are going sir, but just becuase this discussion is over doesn't mean that you can leave."
Alright quoted this it seems to me that I stated this "discussion is over" in my previous post which does not seem to me like I told you "NO" as you state about us having a debate. I simply said you can not leave, there is always the chance for more debating down the road yet you do not give me the benefit of a peaceful statement you react as if it is an attack becuase that is how you seem to respond to me and expect I will do the same when I have not.

Wow, your right. When my wife goes to leave the room, and I tell her, "I don't know where you think your going, but just because we just finished doesn't mean you can leave!" she is totally wrong to slap me like she does. :icon_cry:

As for asking someone to teach that is what school is for, I find that these forums and actual interaction on occassion provide more of a potential learning curve then simply typing out an argument and sending it off to someone to correct. When you are reading along or actually involved in a discussion you get to understand more of the point counterpoint arguement which in turns I feel provides better understanding of how to word things so you don't get caught in the same traps in the future.

See, you missed my point here. And I'll be serious for this. It is one thing to tell someone that you are going to intentionally argue with them just so you can learn something, and to ask them if they are willing to teach you. On one hand, you are taking advantage and exploiting someone, by forcing your will upon them, on the other, you are showing respect and offering the other party an option.

You chose to force your will on me, as opposed to asking my opinion on the matter. Further, your points here are redundant. You haven't brought anything to the table but more false statements and laughable logic. Seriously man, I think you're doing this just for the sake of doing it.

There is only one thing I care to hear in response to this, and that is about that middle ground you spoke of. I am really curious about that, but if the rest is just going to me more of what you've already been throwing out there, I have no more interest in that, than I do to debate with you for the sake of debating.

Class dismissed. :lol:

netjakdim

Actually sir as pertains to the mail you made reference for me to continue this in the PM's you post directly before that, thus is my lacking as I had thought you wanted to continue the discussion of our mail from the previous time when we discussed how I felt attacked and slighted by your comments.

I am glad however you like my charming smile thank you now if I could only be appreciated for more than my good looks.:icon_eek:

Once again as for the Misunderstand/Lying, if you have such a hard time understanding with your life experience I am not sure I can explain as I do not fully knwo how to explain it myself. I will stick to the fact though that I find it hard to believe but I do not call you a liar. I never stated that I did not accept your answer I found it hard to believe and questioned it. Perhaps more for my own understanding than anything else.

As for your wife I am sorry that she abuses you perhaps the old YES DEAR would be a safer way to argue with her.:icon_wink: Works wonders for my dad.

As for the last post I believe that most people here would be in agreement I may be wrong but I think they would agree that I merely tried to state a view from one side to open some discussion. You felt I was attacking you and have been aggressive towards me in the majority of your posting for some reason since that. I am sorry that you do not like my responses that I have just been throwing out I have been trying to clarify each point to the best of my abilities with each point. I have done my best to keep my post without aggressive tones or meanings and am greatful you have taken the time to carry this conversation on with me. As I would hope that most could have seen my statement "I don't know where you think your going" as somewhat of an attempt to diffues your anger which it seems to only have brought out even more. As you said though I just throw things out there and they are of little interest to you so there is really no point in me trying to find why I do not deserve the same respect I have shown to you in my texts.

MR.MR

In an effort to get back on topic,

Congratulations to THE on 1 billion ODT.

DeletedUser84374

why is it that every thread i go to look in has atreus arguing with netjakdim?

xinryr

why is it that every thread i go to look in has atreus arguing with netjakdim?

Because atraeus attracts very due negative attention because of his trolling behavior and nonsensical propaganda :icon_rolleyes: