W35 Player maps

DeletedUser

Well, I finally took the time to learn how to make semi-decent maps in Gimp! Hooray!

Anyway, I couldn't find the old W35 Map thread, so I figured I'd kill three birds with one thread-stone:

1. I want more practice (within reason) making maps, 2. perhaps people want maps showing their tribe that would normally get squeezed out by the massive tribes shown in nickjer's most sexy of auto maps, and 3. we get W35-related maps. All in one go!

So! I'll start this off by posting the most recent compilation of family tribes that are stacked against Cookie, NOOBS and G.Khan.

W35Warblur.jpg

If you would like a map, just let me know, and I'll do my best to accommodate. If there are other map-makers here, jump in as well!

DeletedUser

nice map. 1 down side.G.Khan doesnt stand out against the family tribes.

DeletedUser

I think the hardest thing to figure out, other than the actual process and tricks, is finding the color scheme(s) that will work well as a whole, both for aesthetic and for visibility.

Practice makes perfect!

DeletedUser

Ok, here's another shot, this time using all the smaller tribes I could think of.

Smalltribes.jpg

Still working on clarity once I port to jpg...

DeletedUser

Nice maps Han :) I'll be making a map too I think, lol ^^;;

DeletedUser

Nice maps mate

intersum tell me naow what font is that on your sig

DeletedUser

@Spann: I think it was Dragon Order.

map120309copy.png

Yeah, I wrote my name in the Coca Cola font :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I wish I could learn to do that:(
what is the program? give me tips guys, please

DeletedUser

can anyone do a top player OD in each K is that too much hassle??

DeletedUser

This may be a function of Gimp vs. Photoshop, but if I only grow the selection by 1 pixel, they still come out as boxes. I have to grow it by two pixels before they round out, but I think they are a little too big then.

Is there some other technique you use, or one can use, to round them out without growing them too big?

Edit: NotNukeProof, there is no way of knowing who is tops in each continent unless you individually check each person's OD. TW doesn't have a breakdown of OD for each continent like it does for players and tribes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh well i suppose since I left tw hasnt advanced that big lol

DeletedUser

This may be a function of Gimp vs. Photoshop, but if I only grow the selection by 1 pixel, they still come out as boxes. I have to grow it by two pixels before they round out, but I think they are a little too big then.

Is there some other technique you use, or one can use, to round them out without growing them too big?

Edit: NotNukeProof, there is no way of knowing who is tops in each continent unless you individually check each person's OD. TW doesn't have a breakdown of OD for each continent like it does for players and tribes.

I use "smooth" on photoshop to make them round. I smooth them with 1px and it makes them look lovely circly round :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

@Spann: I think it was Dragon Order.

map120309copy.png

Yeah, I wrote my name in the Coca Cola font :icon_neutral:

Hey! I can see my house from here!

*cough* OT: Good map. Just shows me how far I am away from all the action. -_-;;