W38 meetup in London? (Age 18+)

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Moderator - if you feel that this is in the wrong topic, please accept my apologies and move it. My reason for posting it in W38 rather than something more general is that, for a social meet, I'm more likely to "know" someone on the same world, and that many people read the world-specific forum but ignore many others.

The subject line says it all really.

There seem to be a reasonable number of UK people on W38, and statistically, many of us must work in London.

Note to outsiders: The UK population is VERY London-centric - more people live in London than live in Scotland!

I have a client in Leicester Square, and am up with them most weeks. I wondered whether anyone wanted to meet up for a quick drink somewhere in zone 1 one evening?

Clearly, this would have to be age 18+ only...

I ought to stress that this is unofficial, and certainly not endorsed by innogames or the TW mods. It's me asking whether anyone fancies a quick drink, that's all...

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
4:30 PM okayy for you Marky?

In general terms, 1730-1800ish would be better.

Need a bit of advance planning anyway, since while I'm in London 2 days a week, it's only 2 days a week, and it's not always the same days :)

DeletedUser

I could manage Friday evenings or weekends only to be honest, as I have to work away from home during the week and go back at weekends.

DeletedUser

Good idea Mark.

Several of us in Domino have met up several times before and once you've got over the trying to pronounce peoples tw names in a pub stuff, its amazing how "normal" other players can be :lol: and great to put a real face to a crazy avatar and ingame "personality".

Give me some dates when you're ready and I am sure I can gather a few Domino members along with me to join you.

Hope the torn bike leathers and my long scraggly beard wont be too much of a disappointment :icon_razz:

Love and Best wishes
Thor x
p.s. I wouldn't recommend dressing up as an Axeman - much as it would give us all a good laugh, you might get some very strange looks on the underground

DeletedUser

Good idea Mark.

Several of us in Domino have met up several times before and once you've got over the trying to pronounce peoples tw names in a pub stuff, its amazing how "normal" other players can be :lol: and great to put a real face to a crazy avatar and ingame "personality".

Give me some dates when you're ready and I am sure I can gather a few Domino members along with me to join you.

Hope the torn bike leathers and my long scraggly beard wont be too much of a disappointment :icon_razz:

Love and Best wishes
Thor x
p.s. I wouldn't recommend dressing up as an Axeman - much as it would give us all a good laugh, you might get some very strange looks on the underground

OMG dont tell this... if I put your pics after your meeting people will be scared you drunkies :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

is it me or i see a w38 player seeking for some pleasure in london..

MarkHarrison

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
is it me or i see a w38 player seeking for some pleasure in london..

Generally, if you've got a bunch of people with a similar interest, it can be worth meeting up once in a while.

Doesn't always work out, of course - while the UKHA mob ended up with me getting a nice consultancy gig and a non-exec directorship with one fo the main UK suppliers, and the Morgan sports car club has been a good mob to the extend that we've ended up going away with a bunch of them once a year for about the last 10 years... the one time I went to the Bentley Drivers Club was a washout.

Not sure how TWers will be - I suspect that this time round, I'll be the grumpy old man :)

DeletedUser

nah you'll be fine Mark.

You may be shocked/or pleasantly surprised to see how old and "normal" the rest of us are. The guys and girls in Domino are very friendly :icon_biggrin:

Guarantee you wont feel old or grumpy.

Rated X - If Mark was "seeking pleasure" I am sure there are easier ways of finding it then arranging to meet a group of strangers in a London pub ;-)

DeletedUser17769

I moved it to the general sections because it isnt really ingame related o.o

Gl on the meet up ;o

DeletedUser

I noble ya'll when your out meeting :icon_wink: Thnx for the distraction mark :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Sounds like a very cool idea to me, is a bit of a bummer if no one ended up meeting.

Unfortunately I don't know what the interest levels here in Sydney Australia would be for such a meet (there's a few of us around) ":)

rbh135

was not able to catch it sorry :S
Was not in that continent at the time :icon_idea: