W39: Thoughts on packet cost changes?

DeletedUser

Please read ALL of this before commenting.

In a newsletter from a while back (I browse the forums quite a bit!), I came across a comment from Morthy on how the end game phase works. The relevant part of the post is here below (click the blue box in the quote to read the whole newsletter, if you like):

[SPOIL]
Dear Players,

...We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.
[/SPOIL]

We are currently at 967 members in this world, though that could have fluctuated since I last checked (but unlikely to be far from the correct number if that is the case).

I would like to draw your attention to Stage 1.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Ok. So, we have less than 1000 players. This should spark a survey on to whether or not we members of W39 would like half price packets. HOWEVER, as we know, the packet prices of this world were halved from the start. What I am asking is, do people think that, given how close we are to an end game scenario in comparison to a LOT of worlds which are already closed (not many have only 2 or 3 tribes remaining), the CURRENT packet costs on W39 should be halved? I am wondering about other people's thoughts on this instance. I personally am for the packet costs to be cut, and here is why:

Reason 1: Activity. Of our <1000 players in this world, less than 500 even have 5k points now. Less than 400 have £25k points at the present time. So really, this is a world of less than 400 players who are playing this game apparently somewhat seriously any more. of this 400 or so, I would estimate (this is guesswork based from statistics in the top 3 tribes) that about 10, possibly up to 20% of this number is inactive. This world is killing a lot of players off now from boredom/no time to play any more/being defeated. Cheaper packets may give the additional nobling speed for higher ranking players.

Reason 2: Only 3 major tribes left. I don't think anybody thinks of any other tribes than ~RAID~, NOB!! and Devils as affecting this world's gameplay now. Cheaper packets will hopefully speed up the motions of these 3 tribes, and potentially result in one taking dominance.

Those two reasons are kind of intertwined - if there are cheaper packets, more players will be active (hopefully). If more players are active, hopefully the ongoing wars will speed up and NOB!! will decide where their interests lie. Do they take on ~RAID~, do they take on Devils? Do they decide to make it a 3-way war and take both on?

So, I am putting this discussion thread to you. The question: Would you like to see packet prices cheaper, now that we are nearing the end game phase?

Thank you,

IAA.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the packet prices of this world were halved from the start.

what makes you think they'll cut-off the packets price again? if admin will cut packet prices again, i'm pretty sure other world players will complain. Seeing packet prices comparing to other worlds with below 1000 players is quite the same as we have right now

DeletedUser

Would like to have cheaper packets, that's for sure.. but they'll probably wait until we hit 500~ players to touch our world or until there's 1-2 top tribes instead of 3 equally big tribes.

They've said they do end game phases on a case-by-case basis rather than "if (players<1000) { start.endPhase(); }" or w/e lol

DeletedUser

Would like to have cheaper packets, that's for sure.. but they'll probably wait until we hit 500~ players to touch our world or until there's 1-2 top tribes instead of 3 equally big tribes.

They've said they do end game phases on a case-by-case basis rather than "if (players<1000) { start.endPhase(); }" or w/e lol

That's 2 votes for.

Whatever they've said in the past, that is a recent, direct quote from Morthy's internet mouth. Therefore, the quote is what we go by :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

what makes you think they'll cut-off the packets price again? if admin will cut packet prices again, i'm pretty sure other world players will complain. Seeing packet prices comparing to other worlds with below 1000 players is quite the same as we have right now

the already halved nobles are part of the world's settings, so i don't believe this has any effect on this

DeletedUser

Halve them again, I wanna see the ennoblements map burst with life :lol:

lightgod44

Im for half priced again nobles... would make things interesting and possibly bring back old faces to the community because it would not be a strain for nobles.

rooki7

+1 for half price.
Never played on another world , we might be already at half price but that doesn't change the fact we need to speed the world end before everyone goes inactive ^^.

DeletedUser

Figures.
1 slightly random, off-topic comment.
1 person copied what was in the post almost word for word and posted it as if it was a helpful addition.
1. response to slightly random, off-topic comment.

5 persons like the idea.
0 persons dislike the idea.

That's like, gadzillion percent more :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I take it to mean halving the cost of packets? Half price nobles we already have :)

In which case, 6:0.

DeletedUser

I take it to mean halving the cost of packets? Half price nobles we already have :)

Did you just try to flame me for supporting you????

Rooki7 just said the same just before me and you simply added his vote.....

DeletedUser

That wasn't flaming. It was merely querying that I interpreted your comment correctly. The OTHER thread is where the flame is :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

i actually disagree. you haven't had your nobles halved yet. you just started with different rules in regards to the price of nobles. if that makes sense. just throwing that out there in case they turn down your endeavors.

DeletedUser

i actually disagree. you haven't had your nobles halved yet. you just started with different rules in regards to the price of nobles. if that makes sense. just throwing that out there in case they turn down your endeavors.

That doesn't make sense. This whole thread is meant to see what people think ABOUT having the noble prices halved yet. We all know we haven't had them halved since the world started - the settings for this world meant they were cheaper than most worlds...

Do you want the packet prices cut in half, or would you rather they didn't? :)

DeletedUser

+1 for half price nobles - damn it all - give them to me for free!

rooki7

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He means we aren't at half price noble yet. He desagree with you saying we already are at half price.
And i agree with him i don't care the rules of other servers, we are at 100% price noble of this server and would be good to go to 50%.

Last edited: