W39: Thoughts on packet cost changes?

DeletedUser656

Is it just me or is Morthy seemingly stamping his feet and saying W39 is his toy and we have to play his way????

Based on his OWN CRITERIA we are due to close now!!!!

Crazy times....

Plus, our settings were half prices nobles from the start so does it not make sense more people would have been rimmed by now and so the world would move to end game quicker?

Really?!?

Come on guys and girls, it is an opinion and does not breach anything

Less fear and more forward thinking!

It's an opinion, but it's also completely wrong. The InnoGames guidelines state that worlds should be closed once they reach around 330k villages. This would probably take many more years to happen on most of our worlds so I also make a decision by adding in the age+speed of the world and how much of a chance a new player has when they join (tribe dominance). World 39 doesn't meet any of those three criterion.

I find it extremely rude that you come onto the forums and incorrectly insult me with any knowledge of the system or bothering to find out about it. I take that as a personal insult. Also somewhat ironic that you're accusing me of stomping my feet when your response was based on not immediately getting exactly what you want.

DeletedUser

It's an opinion, but it's also completely wrong. The InnoGames guidelines state that worlds should be closed once they reach around 330k villages. This would probably take many more years to happen on most of our worlds so I also make a decision by adding in the age+speed of the world and how much of a chance a new player has when they join (tribe dominance). World 39 doesn't meet any of those three criterion.

That's somewhat different than the info provided in the newsletter on Sep 29 (sorry, don't have link to hand at the moment), which was the catalyst for many of us to start thinking about the end game...

That seemed to suggest that the trip-wire for the decision to move to end game was based on the number of active players.

DeletedUser

That's somewhat different than the info provided in the newsletter on Sep 29 (sorry, don't have link to hand at the moment), which was the catalyst for many of us to start thinking about the end game...

That seemed to suggest that the trip-wire for the decision to move to end game was based on the number of active players.

David, this is the link you mean: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=215553

That was indeed what drove me to open this thread :)

DeletedUser656

The newsletter was entirely about ending worlds, not closing them to new registrations (which was what I was asked about on Skype).

DeletedUser

The newsletter was entirely about ending worlds, not closing them to new registrations (which was what I was asked about on Skype).
Forgive my ignorance, but are those two not almost entirely the same thing? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser656

Forgive my ignorance, but are those two not almost entirely the same thing? :icon_confused:

When a world ends it... comes to an end. The world ceases to exist. A winner is declared and it's over. You can never login again.

When a world closes to registrations new players can no longer join.

There have been several announcements posted recently for 4 worlds that explain the endgame phase.

DeletedUser

Yes, but clearly closing registration to a new world is one of the first steps to ending a world...
Therefore asking about closing registrations is also asking about ending the world, no?

DeletedUser656

Whilst you're in here, can you give us a comment on your thoughts on the topic of this thread? :)

Worlds that started with half price nobles will have to wait until they dip below 500 players to get cheaper ones.

Yes, but clearly closing registration to a new world is one of the first steps to ending a world...
Therefore asking about closing registrations is also asking about ending the world, no?

No, the 3 steps are outlined in the newsletter. Closing registrations is certainly not almost the same as ending a world. Registrations have been closed on en1 for years but they're not even close to the real endgame phase.

DeletedUser

Ta Morthy.

OK people. New objective. Stop your pitifully slow wars. Let's start nobling the small players out so we have less than 500
players in the game :icon_razz:

lightgod44

So in a month when all the 160 pointers are gone we might have half priced nobles :p

DeletedUser

Worlds that started with half price nobles will have to wait until they dip below 500 players to get cheaper ones.

STICKS: Okay thanks for clearing that up

No, the 3 steps are outlined in the newsletter. Closing registrations is certainly not almost the same as ending a world. Registrations have been closed on en1 for years but they're not even close to the real endgame phase.

STICKS: Oh my days really?....years is too long...way too long!

Morthy, sorry if you found it rude, it isn't meant rude. I am just outspoken as I can't see any reason not to be. I appreciate you actually coming into thread and addressing the community though, that is the first time I have seen someone back them self up with conviction on a public forum in that manner. Most people shy away from it.
The information you brought to us is valuable as it gives us something to aim for, as TW players that is a common liking of ours.
I am often controversial and outspoken on these forums but only to test peoples views; it's nice to have someone provide the information for a change rather than just kicking off about it.
Lastly, my terminology is not standard to many people so if it comes across as insulting rather than just a bit cheeky, let me know. Unless I am flaming someone I tend to be just messing around.

After all if I can't have a bit of fun, the game will get very boring!

DeletedUser80195

Way to man up sticks.

Stick to your guns while saying you are sorry in your own way.

I am impressed.