W41 - Half Priced Packets

DeletedUser

Just because the world is falling fast due to inactivity, this is not a good enough reason for half priced nobles.

I think you should wait 2 years like other worlds have had to wait. There are other ways to make a player quit. Cat him into the ground and make him leave the world.

DeletedUser

don't worry brad, they just merge everyone. they really don't need half price packets

DeletedUser

/Trolls Som's thread.

Half price packets = more rimmage action = less players in my opinion. Larger players can noble more, and smaller players can noble more, so... theres more nobling, which i think will actually end up making less players, as players get rimmed (probably for the 2nd time) and quit.

So in my opinion, it would increase activity, but mean more smaller players getting rimmed as people can afford to throw packets around more.

Soz, its which one would you prefer, a smaller amount of big players, or a larger amount of smaller players?

To increase player count = boosted start-ups ftw.
To increase activity of those already here = whip them.

DeletedUser

Technically speaking, this is one of the younger worlds and therefore, half-priced packets shouldn't come into play so soon. However W41 is different. Its swiftly approaching a lag stage where it should be a log stage. People are quitting in numbers and turning barbs and the remaining players are having to eat through all the grey when they could have been fighting. This requires a lot of nobling. So suppose you have stored 80k packets to make nobles to war an enemy and you waste 60k to noble your own tribemate in the frontline who has gone barb in order to prevent the enemy from coming in. This would be minimized. Also faster nobling will encourage more players to continue. Frankly the way this world is moving, I don't see it lasting another year. We're losing numbers in hundreds each month. So this will be an attempt to stop the mass exodus.

Never heard of a rule where you are forced to nobled barbs, especially since only player villages are taken into account for the tribal dominance required to end a world.

DeletedUser

Never heard of a rule where you are forced to nobled barbs, especially since only player villages are taken into account for the tribal dominance required to end a world.

What I mean was if someone in the frontline went barb, that would give the enemy an oppurtunity to get into the K, as a result, the other tribe would have to deal with it swiftly to prevent the influx. Not meaning to say barbs are necessary for world dominance but if there's 3 rows of barbs between the 2 tribes, it makes warring that much more harder due to the distance - so tribes would need to come closer.

DeletedUser

I would say what abandoned villages 9000pts /barbs/, 50% of them have gradually to decrese value to 100opts. It will give less barb nobling. Noble prices has to be same, or maybe as experiment increase 1.5 time,. In this case you vill think what beter to use your noble. But rebuilt lost noble price has to be same. what you do not worry about lost noble in attack.

DeletedUser

What I mean was if someone in the frontline went barb, that would give the enemy an oppurtunity to get into the K, as a result, the other tribe would have to deal with it swiftly to prevent the influx. Not meaning to say barbs are necessary for world dominance but if there's 3 rows of barbs between the 2 tribes, it makes warring that much more harder due to the distance - so tribes would need to come closer.

What's that smell? :icon_rolleyes:

If a frontline account barbs, you have waited too long.
And if you can't launch over 3 rows of barbs, you have a problem.

DeletedUser

Not really because a player can delete in the middle of war. This has happened a couple of times in the AXES - SCC war. And 3 was just a number. Take the example of an AXES - Motive war when the core 4 Ks of 44, 45, 54, 55 were barbed. The war would have been possible, but not a feasible one as the distance involved would be too great, so players from both sides ended up nobling a lot of barbs in order to get closer.

DeletedUser

I have another idea: let the barbarian villages grow bigger than the 1000 points they do now.
I am a small player, but even I do not want to noble a 1000 point village where I have to build everything up from the ground manually. I think this is the reason this world is as grey as it is now.
For now I have plenty of packets and nobles, but apart from a 8000 barb now and then I don't have a lot of targets.

My tribe is dying and I too see a lot of players leave. We have a very hard time to find new members and we have a problem to keep our members active. We even tried to attack a big tribe but, well, can't say that was a succes :)

So I plead for bigger barbs instead of decreasing noble packages (also lower noble prices would cause bigger players to attack me).

DeletedUser

I have another idea: let the barbarian villages grow bigger than the 1000 points they do now.
I am a small player, but even I do not want to noble a 1000 point village where I have to build everything up from the ground manually. I think this is the reason this world is as grey as it is now.
For now I have plenty of packets and nobles, but apart from a 8000 barb now and then I don't have a lot of targets.

My tribe is dying and I too see a lot of players leave. We have a very hard time to find new members and we have a problem to keep our members active. We even tried to attack a big tribe but, well, can't say that was a succes :)

So I plead for bigger barbs instead of decreasing noble packages (also lower noble prices would cause bigger players to attack me).

Yeah how about no :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser79727

LOL

very honest I should say. :)))) specially the "also lower noble prices would cause bigger players to attack me" part. hahahaha

DeletedUser

Mods should come join the game, take over every barb villa and attack everyone. that would liven the world up :)

DeletedUser

For 1.

There are thousands of barbs - good ones lying around W41. If they don't get nobled, no tribe will achieve a good dominance in the K. So it can't and won't be a good move.

For 2.

Again, if this is implemented, it would mean that if someone has to go away for a week, his/her account would grow inactive and therefore, the only 2 choices left would be to delete or internal which we all want to avoid at any cost.

For 3.

This world is still open meaning people can join. So in that case, it would be detrimental for them if speed is increased.

Thinking of it again,

(1) If a player quit and delete his account, the barb ville should "disappear" or back to 1k barb.
(2) Those player cant commit themselve in the normal world, TW should start a slow world for them to keep their account active. Let them have 1 month to go away before turning yellow
(3) There is no need to have a time frame to decide whether the world is too early to end unless it is from a business point of view. Only noob will join those mature world.

DeletedUser

Only noob will join those mature world.

Maybe NOOBS, maybe not, but people start playing where they know other players. For some that means starting from scratch, for others it means being given an account. It can be annoying, but in a lot of ways I'd rather someone else took over an account than see it go barb. Those barbs make for a windfall, but then I realise I've spent three weeks and thousands of packets just keeping up with everyone else that can't be bothered to fight anyone.

When someone goes inactive, if their villages could shrink back to 3,500 (max limit on other worlds) they might be worth taking for small players, but not larger players except for the barb munchers who like building them up. At least there might be a rush to take them !

DeletedUser

well here's my 2 cents....since axes have merged every tribe that has become a threat to them now that |X| is the #2 they may as well merge in too...then the world would truely be over.......axes win by merge....tribal hugs anyone!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: