W43 Dream Team

DeletedUser

7. ElChapo: Picked for playing ability. Whats a dream team for a particular world if it doesnt include the #1 player at the time? I dont know him nor have I looked his stats because i just purely cba :icon_redface:. But anyway yeah im sure he must be a good player if he reached #1 :icon_biggrin:

:icon_razz:

I think the opposite is true the majority of the time. The #1 player at the time could very well just be the biggest point whore.

DeletedUser

:icon_razz:

I think the opposite is true the majority of the time. The #1 player at the time could very well just be the biggest point whore.
Contrary to what you said, in my opinion, even "pointwhoring" to reach #1 in a world (especially considering he was #1 when the world was slightly competitive) does take commitment to reaching said rank. All be it commitment to yourself and not necessarily to your tribe, but there is no denying the simple fact that it is to a tribes benefit that this player has gained so many villages, it is beneficial in terms of troops within the tribe aswell as morale within the tribe. If people see they have the #1 player in the world confidence in your ability as a tribe is always going to be better than if you dont have the #1 player (conciously or sub-conciously), not to mention people are more willing to join your tribe if you appear to have the best player in the world be in your tribe (conciously or sub-conciously).

So yes though you say "The #1 player at the time could very well just be the biggest point whore" (which is a good point dont get me wrong im not just dissing your point) that pointwhore #1 player is more than likely having a positive effect on your tribe whether you like pointwhores or not :icon_wink:

Also for any hater out there =P im not so blind as to say having the #1 player (pointwhore or not) is always beneficial. You have to take into consideration that this player could just be a 100% barb nobler and so lowers the rep of your tribe by keeping him/her (no need to be sexist.../me slaps himself). It could also happen that a world hated external forums poster is the #1 player and hence by having him it will only lower your tribe's rep.

All this being said however I still stick by myself picking him simply because he was #1 in the world at the time as the majority of the time he/she will be beneficial to your dream team :icon_smile:

Before I press "Submit Reply" I already have a feeling this si gonna be a kinda long post, so I'm sorry if it is :icon_eek:

HorseSoldier

Contrary to what you said, in my opinion, even "pointwhoring" to reach #1 in a world (especially considering he was #1 when the world was slightly competitive) does take commitment to reaching said rank. All be it commitment to yourself and not necessarily to your tribe, but there is no denying the simple fact that it is to a tribes benefit that this player has gained so many villages, it is beneficial in terms of troops within the tribe aswell as morale within the tribe. If people see they have the #1 player in the world confidence in your ability as a tribe is always going to be better than if you dont have the #1 player (conciously or sub-conciously), not to mention people are more willing to join your tribe if you appear to have the best player in the world be in your tribe (conciously or sub-conciously).

So yes though you say "The #1 player at the time could very well just be the biggest point whore" (which is a good point dont get me wrong im not just dissing your point) that pointwhore #1 player is more than likely having a positive effect on your tribe whether you like pointwhores or not :icon_wink:

Also for any hater out there =P im not so blind as to say having the #1 player (pointwhore or not) is always beneficial. You have to take into consideration that this player could just be a 100% barb nobler and so lowers the rep of your tribe by keeping him/her (no need to be sexist.../me slaps himself). It could also happen that a world hated external forums poster is the #1 player and hence by having him it will only lower your tribe's rep.

All this being said however I still stick by myself picking him simply because he was #1 in the world at the time as the majority of the time he/she will be beneficial to your dream team :icon_smile:

Before I press "Submit Reply" I already have a feeling this si gonna be a kinda long post, so I'm sorry if it is :icon_eek:

Well I suppose that is relative to what one's goals are in this game and I suppose I'm playing with different goals in mind than yours because I just couldn't disagree more. If my plans were to lead a world early on, and rank to 1 quickly, and then quit; then I'd pick him to be on my list. But alas my goals in this game is to destroy tribes and players, ruin accounts, and dominate the world all as a tribe at war. Players like elchapo are of no use to me and I complained about him to our dukes long before he left. :icon_razz:

I don't do these dream team lists but to compare another high ranker to elchapo like well.. Hax0r. It's night and day. Hax knows how to participate and help tribemates. He rose to rank 1 all while supporting and clearing for tribemates at war. elchapo can't do that. not even close.

And hax could have went to Bored at the same time he joined FRST. He had already traded attacks with FRST and both us and he knew what the right choice was :icon_wink: chapo was just chasing the rank when he joined bored. I'm the guy that always tells his tribemates not to brag about rank. Rank follows after you defeat your biggest threats.

DeletedUser25865

i gotta agree with horse on this one. ive seen elchapo`s growth since the beginning, when i still in k55. a player that arent willing to lose vils or take couple of thousands of incs, could be considered as pointwhore. even before he was frst, he loves to noble easy targets. well, we see the result now

DeletedUser

Ill tell you this...if I have the same number of villages as some other player, and his are all 10000 point "glowies"(ooh so purty on the map!) and mine are all about 5000 points... I know I will smoke them because my villages ar enot only max pop, but have more of that pop committed to troops. I think its funny when I see players with the same number of villages but 2.5x the points... I will go toe to toe with any player with the same amount of villages, regardless of points, as I know I have aimed for max troops, not max points... Thats how I see it anyway...

DeletedUser

following on from this, 12k village's?
best i do on my build is in around 9.5...............

DeletedUser

If you have 100 5k point vills and i have 100 9k point vills im pretty sure i will win as i can build troops faster. That is untill morale gets so low its not even worth it

DeletedUser

True, but it probably means you are lower on other key buildings: the mines, or a farm at only 24 etc.

In the range of 9-9.5K there is usually a "sweet spot" of farm slots used for essential buildings and farm slots used for troops. As you go higher, the farm slots get used by building points and there is less room for troops.

Back on Topic, I'd have Soccer in my dream team.

DeletedUser

I love you cap (no homo) But strike if you have 5k points you will not be able to rebuild walls and get enough resources to compete. Besides we both know id beat you 1 v1 :p

DeletedUser

No, your 5908869039084 rams wont help against me, atleast not if I had 5k villages cause I don't build walls that early.

DeletedUser

you severely exaggerate the number of rams in my villages, tho when we eventually co-play what are we gonna do?