W43 Updating Maps Made by Nickjer

DeletedUser

It does look strange if only grey dots were tribes then the world would be more interesting... Haven't bothered to look at other world maps but bet allot are similar.

DeletedUser

Easy to spot where the barb noblers have been since the beginning of the world :D

DeletedUser

Nothing strange here. Just one top tribe that despises barb noblers and making other players quit due to pressure.

DeletedUser

I was bored and poking at things. Wow, this world map is strange.

http://www.twstats.com/en43/index.p...y=500&mtype=abandoned&fill=000000&grid=1&kn=1
(TWstats map of barbs and non-barbs, I'm too lazy to save this and upload it again for posterity.)

Barbs only grow to 2K, so most people don't noble them as they are not worth it. The ones who do noble them, you can tell by the heavy clusters (Ie. the southeast, has always been one of the worst).

And on a side note, hai.

DeletedUser

Hey Harb

You have not seen the maps of late then. Every where you look 10k barbs are there. Downside is I think Finky has everyone of them tripwired :p

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Barbs only grow to 2K, so most people don't noble them as they are not worth it. The ones who do noble them, you can tell by the heavy clusters (Ie. the southeast, has always been one of the worst).

And on a side note, hai.
Hai <3

And as mentioned, this world has massive seas of large barbs. As an example, look around 404|383 and a bit southwest. Or you can look around 370|308, and you'll notice that there almost aren't even any player villas in sight.

w42 opened a month earlier. We have about 40 more players remaining (217 total to 178 total).

w42 statistics...
Players online:11
Messages sent:794.142 (3659.6 per player)
Forum posts:119.265 (549.6 per player)
Troop movements:26.934 (124.1 per player)
Trade movements:253 (1.2 per player)

w43 statistics...
Players online:6
Messages sent:328.888 (1847.7 per player)
Forum posts:89.548 (503.1 per player)
Troop movements:2.962 (16.6 per player)
Trade movements:16 (0.1 per player)

Settings differences...
Simple tech vs. 3-level tech
World and unit speeds (total unit speed is 1 on both worlds though)
Tribe member limit
Coins vs. packets
Archers or not
Pally items or not
Beginner protection length

So something in that settings difference or start time difference made these two worlds end up completely different. On w42, everyone would go after the seas of large barbs immediately because there are still four major tribes, and we know someone else would take them if we didn't. Somehow this world ended up with just one major tribe, so you don't have any particular need to go after those large barbs. I've never followed this world's politics, so I'm curious as to how things ended up this way.

DeletedUser

Hai <3

And as mentioned, this world has massive seas of large barbs. As an example, look around 404|383 and a bit southwest. Or you can look around 370|308, and you'll notice that there almost aren't even any player villas in sight.

w42 opened a month earlier. We have about 40 more players remaining (217 total to 178 total).

w42 statistics...
Players online:11
Messages sent:794.142 (3659.6 per player)
Forum posts:119.265 (549.6 per player)
Troop movements:26.934 (124.1 per player)
Trade movements:253 (1.2 per player)

w43 statistics...
Players online:6
Messages sent:328.888 (1847.7 per player)
Forum posts:89.548 (503.1 per player)
Troop movements:2.962 (16.6 per player)
Trade movements:16 (0.1 per player)

Settings differences...
Simple tech vs. 3-level tech
World and unit speeds (total unit speed is 1 on both worlds though)
Tribe member limit
Coins vs. packets
Archers or not
Pally items or not
Beginner protection length

So something in that settings difference or start time difference made these two worlds end up completely different. On w42, everyone would go after the seas of large barbs immediately because there are still four major tribes, and we know someone else would take them if we didn't. Somehow this world ended up with just one major tribe, so you don't have any particular need to go after those large barbs. I've never followed this world's politics, so I'm curious as to how things ended up this way.

World 43 101:

World 43 also had half-price packets, so nobling has been quicker and cheaper to do. Basically the early world shaping wars happened ahead of the world shaping wars on W42. Something to note though is FRST has always had good leadership and a core of good members, the teamwork was developed a lot faster within the tribe I noticed early on than the average time it takes within tribes. FRST has also always gone after the strongest threat, as opposed to trying to pick off weaker ones and build up (resulting in a faster world, ultimately). The war against BORED! (which was really the first full world war) happened not that long into the world, and ended quite quickly with good war-faring effort from FRST, which then when the only other large or threatening tribe was largely defeated, kind of started a chain of events until eventually Nuts! reformed with most of the only good members left in the north while FRST battled WMD to the east, which took about 2-3 months I think (and as-well the LighT. players (former allies) going over to Nuts! had quite an impact, as they were good players and on the front-line, such as kokheng and dhksththtl, and yes I do remember how to spell it after so many times inputting it :icon_razz:).

Whilst I wouldn't say that it was entirely FRST's doing or anything, obviously the way we played had a large impact on the speed of the world. Aggressive and war-hungry (though not foolish about it) and with good leadership and a general good atmosphere/teamwork. Combine that with half-price packets, cheap rebuilds and barbs only growing to 2K, meant that war decided expansion largely (or larger mergers and the like, but they never lasted long) and FRST was simply better at it, so therefor you have the world you see now. I also think a key thing was the new players, we didn't get hung up on on our core players, we were always happy to bring in new players if they were worthy of recruitment, and teaching those who needed help. We have rarely had any deserters or the like, and internal problems within FRST were always sorted out fairly efficiently and quickly.

This world has been over for quite some time now, FRST won this world a long time ago, when Nuts! lost basically. The key aspect was always the recruitment and teaching though, Nuts!/BORED!/Etc had some good players, but when those "elite" left, they were left with nothing. When FRST lost a good player, we simply taught someone new, instead of hoping for someone elite to fill it, so throughout the whole world the was the "elitist" tribes with 20% good players, 80% poor, and FRST who had a kind of 60/40 ratio, so losing one or two players (as happens over time, real life, etc) wasn't the end of things. With the only other real threats, that was the case.

I would really say that in large part, it boils down to leadership, James, Scott, Tribb, Beast, Horse, Greeny and the rest, we had great leadership and supporting leadership from the start through to the time when I took over and it went downhill :icon_razz: but we didn't really need leadership after that point anyway. This world could have dragged out longer without FRST, that's not just me saying that, it really would have taken a lot longer if it wasn't for FRST's active war pursuits. After the initial start-up and the first few wars, FRST was always involved in a war with someone or other which pushed other tribes to move and act as-well. KKnD, CoD, Crisis, Insane, Frenzy, Dogs, ICARUS, BORED!, NUBS, Sheep/SnOwP/Whatever, WMD, Ni, the rest of the world, basically everyone at some point was either nobled or pushed into acting.

So, that is ultimately the key aspect of the worlds progression. It helps to have barbs not worth nobling, so therefor it is only player villages you go after (well, except for the idiots who ended up being nobled anyway), the cheap packets of course made an impact on the direct nobling capabilities, and the top tribe always being involved in war or sparking wars, to keep everyone actively attacking as opposed to sitting building empires that just get larger and larger and harder for one side or the other to defeat. Look at worlds like W3 for example, that was something we always wanted to avoid, so we tried to take out the biggest threats possible asap, rather than letting them build into a huge stand-off.

There, happy with that explanation? :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

To sum up harb's post:

1) FRST likes wars
2) FRST likes wars with large tribes
3) FRST is good at wars with large tribes

:D

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I did end up reading Harb's whole text wall. I guess it's that magic purple name. ;D

Mostly happy with it. The only thing that still interests me is why there was such a lack of internalling and similar that resulted in the barb seas.

(Barb seas... I really like that phrase. :3)

DeletedUser

I did end up reading Harb's whole text wall. I guess it's that magic purple name. ;D

Mostly happy with it. The only thing that still interests me is why there was such a lack of internalling and similar that resulted in the barb seas.

(Barb seas... I really like that phrase. :3)

The sea of barbs has always been the way in part due to the 2K barbs no-one wants to noble. The larger barbs are more recent due to people getting fed up with the ridiculously long end-game and quitting, it wasn't always like that. There has always been a lot of internalling throughout the world but I think it did help that we always put war ahead of that kind of thing.

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The 2K barbs I already understood, but that clears up my curiosity about the large barbs. Thank you. :)

Now to go back to lurking and pretending I'm not still hiding on this world... o.o

DeletedUser

(bitty- skerlies on and off again many a time co-player).

Agree with everything harb said (surprise, surprise :icon_rolleyes: )would like to stress the importance of this bit:

"I also think a key thing was the new players, we didn't get hung up on on our core players, we were always happy to bring in new players if they were worthy of recruitment, and teaching those who needed help."

Frst was very good at spotting talent/stamina and nurturing it when needed that combined with the other things harb said lead to our success not to undermine the core players, all members played their role. No doubt Frst recruited some good players throughout the worlds life and they stayed because of the team work and the Frst atmosphere originally created by the core members/leadership. Even today for a dead world when players are getting frustrated/bored Frst still has a good tribe atmosphere and I am glad to be part of it :).

DeletedUser

(bitty- skerlies on and off again many a time co-player).

Agree with everything harb said (surprise, surprise :icon_rolleyes: )would like to stress the importance of this bit:

"I also think a key thing was the new players, we didn't get hung up on on our core players, we were always happy to bring in new players if they were worthy of recruitment, and teaching those who needed help."

Frst was very good at spotting talent/stamina and nurturing it when needed that combined with the other things harb said lead to our success not to undermine the core players, all members played their role. No doubt Frst recruited some good players throughout the worlds life and they stayed because of the team work and the Frst atmosphere originally created by the core members/leadership. Even today for a dead world when players are getting frustrated/bored Frst still has a good tribe atmosphere and I am glad to be part of it :).

emoticon-0134-bear.gif