W45 and the might of Family tribes

balubhai

Ok guys i m bored , and i know a lot have been talked and discussed about family tribes. However i want to do an analysis of my own on those might Father , Mother , sister , brother , in laws tribes that i come across every time i look into the tribe rankings

To start with the first family obviously is T.E. The main tribe is ranked 4th with 48 members.

Their branch T.EA ranked 107 with 32 members. Second branch ~FS~ ranking 23rd and having 44 members and last but not the least their 3rd branch ~TFR~ ranking 52nd with 45 members. So a total of 169 members :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Next Family is the Panic! family . The main tribe ranking 9th with 46 members and their branch Panic2 ranking 74th with 45 members. So a total of 91 members :)

Next attraction is Eskimo ranking 12th with 50 members and their illegitimate branch Gotcha ranking 399 with 8 members . So a total of 58 members :icon_neutral:

The next to come is the TFO family . Main family ranking 17th with 49 members and their branch TFR ranking 110 with 34 members. Total members = 83 :)

They are followed by WAB_TR ranking 20 with 48 members and their brother tribe WAB_2 ranking 78 with 43 members. Total of 91 members :)

At rank 24 with 46 members comes Ninjas who have their sister tribe NinjII at rank 75 with 38 members . So a total of 84 members :)

The so called mighty ~(C)~ comes at rank 25 with 49 members , ~(C)²~ at rank 60 with 39 members and ~(C)³~ at rank 428 with 9 members . A total of 97 members :lol:

oops iam tired......... will continue later :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Im pretty sure most of us knew when we joined this world that it would be full of family tribes because of the low tribe limit

Lets just hope they dont last long and the real tribes can play the game

DeletedUser

interesting to see when the next world comes out what will happen to these families (noobs migrate allot). and when nobles come out....oh boy :) not that long left :D

DeletedUser

Yeah what seems to happen is they either suck and join the next world or they just get bored and then join the next world

When you think about it they may have played 10-20 worlds but thety have no experience past nobles

Its sad :icon_sad:

An Bhoran

Just about all my invites to K53 tribes have been from lemming like family tribes :(

DeletedUser

"However i want to do an analysis of my own "

Where is your analysis? you only counted members?

DeletedUser

"However i want to do an analysis of my own "

Where is your analysis? you only counted members?

I believe that was the point he was trying to make: That even with the world's settings breathing down their neck, they refuse to stop clinging to each other. I'm pretty sure it's a bit ineffective to tally up their successful nobles, there is a lack of OD to comment on, and posting tribe changes would just be scrupulous.

xstefanx

I can't remember what world but there was a world with a 20 member limit, within an hour some tribes had sister and academy tribes ;P
They don't really work tbh, and they never really have, except maybe in some of the older worlds :)

DeletedUser

How many tribes really fail per world, lol?
Most of them are not family tribes.
Family tribes do better than any other random tribe (average).

this is fact.

Family tribes get attention and are near top and then fail usually. How many tribes fail without getting attention :p ?

DeletedUser

How many tribes really fail per world, lol?
Most of them are not family tribes.
Family tribes do better than any other random tribe (average).

this is fact.

Family tribes get attention and are near top and then fail usually. How many tribes fail without getting attention :p ?

There are thousands of tribes in the beginning of the world, so I'd say the same amount of family/non-family tribes fail each world.

DeletedUser

I can't remember what world but there was a world with a 20 member limit, within an hour some tribes had sister and academy tribes ;P
They don't really work tbh, and they never really have, except maybe in some of the older worlds :)

I utterly disagree. Family tribes have been successful, and I have no doubt in my mind that if well run, a family tribe can succeed. They rely on one of the most basic and principle military strategies, strength in numbers. It's not the type of tribe that destines it to fail, it is the community. The current outlook on family tribes as "noob tribes" commit entirely to their inability to succeed.

In the earliest worlds, the majority of players were unfamiliar with the game. Everyone was a noob. They had to learn how to play as they played, adapt or lose. Back then, worlds didn't come out every time Hoodoo sneezed, so "waiting for the next world" was not an option. There were no "hard hitters" or "old blood" players, simply those who learned how to play and those who struggled.

And the best part was that there was no statistics, no recordbook, no history, and no relationships, apart from the ones being formed. There was no "application" to fill out to join a tribe, since there was little experience to ask about. So, players just clumped together. They saw neighbors who were succeeding, and invited them to join. Its like the Tribal Wars age of dinosaurs, they formed these large and unstable tribes, in hopes of grabbing a few good players. Sooner or later, they had to make family tribes.

The difference now is that we know who's an "epic player" and who's a noob. Not only that, but "epic player" know other pickles: they've learned together, fought together, ran tribes together, lost together. Ergo, small but ridiculously experienced tribes made up of hardened veterans like Huh? and Ego!! pop up, while new players are, well, in the same situation they once were. It's like a VIP club. You struggle, get lucky, learn well, and find a ticket, and you're guaranteed a spot in a premade. If not, then your left tribeless or in a family.

Back to the age of dinosaurs, the weaker players left or died out, leaving a large group of well developed players. This was the basis of strong family tribes in the past, like Aten. This is in direct contrast to whats happening now. Today, it's the stronger players who are unreliable, with dozens of invitations to dozens of premades. If a premade fails in a world, pft, there's another world around the corner to clump up on. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this, except for the well known "gray wave" of inactivity sweeping a world when a newer world appears.

The way of the world is this: New players join with no chance of winning, seeing as they are unable to join "epic tribes," so they clump together with other player who are also unskilled, rallying around a few good players who have yet to be "discovered" per se by a premade. These are the family tribes of today, not the large groups working together and looking for talent, but the newer players and premade rejects, stacking up for support against insurmountable talent with insider connections. Older players recognize and understand this, and so they refuse to join these large tribes, and instead look for an "elite" tribe to join.

If better players looked past the taboo that envelopes family tribes, it would be completely viable to see huge tribes, with a bunch of strong players helping a bunch of learning ones.

TL;DR "Family tribes" don't suck. Players suck.

DeletedUser

This is logically and mathematically wrong.

Lets see...

Properties
Tribe name: Isle of Death
ID: IOD
Number of members: 5
Points of the best 40 players: 602
Total points: 602
Average points: 120

I might have exaggerated a bit, but there is still over a thousand tribes. A lesser number of family tribes fail because there are less of them in general compared to the number of regular tribes. But percentage wise, I'd say family/non-family tribes fail at the same rate.

DeletedUser

Somebody (with a hell of a lot of decent contacts) should come up with a pro family tribe. Would be great :lol:

xstefanx

i agree with you. Ok, maybe I didn't put that post right, I have a short attention span...I forget what I am going to post mid-way through a sentence. I meant that most family tribes don't succeed unless they have good leadership, and are willing to actually teach those in those "academy" tribes or the 'weaker' players. Some of them have worked like aten, you mentioned, and even KilFam (20), to name one that I have actually played in :) , to a certain extent. The ones that don't work (me thinks) are the ones that recruit early, very early in the game and have academy tribes within a day and with very little communication between the tribes.

DeletedUser

lol, we don't have a family tribe you guys fancy us or something, first MeNTal was are brother tribe now gotcha is are brother tribe, give me a break and go back into you hole.