W51 Blog

DeletedUser

do us all a favour and quit then, hell you dont even play the world anymore and thats a requirement for bloggers, if your not willing to sacrifice your free time to provide the community with a blog (which you signed up for) isnt it about time you left?

+1

DeletedUser

Do us all a favour and quit then, hell you dont even play the world anymore and thats a requirement for bloggers, if your not willing to sacrifice your free time to provide the community with a blog (which you signed up for) isnt it about time you left?

Sorry no. How do you know I don't have an account on this world? For all you know I may, seeing as I've been told you don't even play anymore you're one to talk.
I said I'm not going to sacrifice ALL of my free time, please actually read what I say before jumping to conclusions.

DeletedUser95593

So when is the next blog coming out? You said it would be worked on over the weekend.

DeletedUser

Sorry no. How do you know I don't have an account on this world? For all you know I may, seeing as I've been told you don't even play anymore you're one to talk.
I said I'm not going to sacrifice ALL of my free time, please actually read what I say before jumping to conclusions.

I know you dont play on the world, if you insist on denying that fact please provide some proof? Yes thats right i don't play tw anymore, but i also haven't made a commitment to blog that i cannot fulfill.

DeletedUser

Tone it down a bit folks. I understand that you're presently unhappy with the current situation of blogs, or lack thereof, but the forums aren't the place to rant about it.
Send a PM to a blog admin or to the blogger themselves with your concerns, otherwise wait for the next installment. If you truly have a case, it can/will be looked into and taken care of.

John/Nyst

DeletedUser

First off, I'm armstrong's head blogger, so if you have issues that you feel aren't being addressed, you can bring them to me.

It's really easy to complain about someone, but aside from one person, I've yet to see anyone offer any good advice on how to help out. Furthermore, we've had no one coming for asking after the blogger position, or even asking to act as a guest blogger while armstrong is busy. Don't complain about a problem if you aren't willing to fix it yourself.

As for the rule about needing to play a world to blog for it, that is actually outdated. We changed the policy a couple weeks ago on the blog team. We've been rewriting things though, so all of this hasn't been changed, so what is currently posted is a little outdated. We actually are allowing people to blog for worlds they don't play simply because we do have a shortage of bloggers.

DeletedUser101041

First off, I'm armstrong's head blogger, so if you have issues that you feel aren't being addressed, you can bring them to me.

It's really easy to complain about someone, but aside from one person, I've yet to see anyone offer any good advice on how to help out. Furthermore, we've had no one coming for asking after the blogger position, or even asking to act as a guest blogger while armstrong is busy. Don't complain about a problem if you aren't willing to fix it yourself.

As for the rule about needing to play a world to blog for it, that is actually outdated. We changed the policy a couple weeks ago on the blog team. We've been rewriting things though, so all of this hasn't been changed, so what is currently posted is a little outdated. We actually are allowing people to blog for worlds they don't play simply because we do have a shortage of bloggers.

I would happily take over however, when I read to apply for it the post said don't apply if the world already has a blogger.
Some quotes from were you apply to be a blogger.
As stated above, the blog is a SERIOUS commitment. Do NOT bother to apply if you are not willing to give the time and effort to blog.

-Are able to write one blog of more than 500 words a week; we do allow blogs with intervals up to a month, but by doing a longer interval, you are agreeing to add more information or make yours more interesting.
The latest blog had a 3/4 month gap and if I'm perfectly honest it didn't go into alot of detail and Armstrong didn't seem to have extensive knowledge of what was/had gone on in the time he was away.

Blogger CoC
3. A Blogger is to write a blog at least once every month.
a. It is expected that they write every week if possible, but once a month is the bare minimum requirement.
b. Failure to write more than once a month will result in removal from the team unless it was already approved by the Blog Administrator.
c. If a blogger needs to be away or may not blog for an extended period of time beyond two weeks, it is required that they contact the Blog Administrator so an alternative may be worked out.

Seems that all of the above rules/guidelines were broken there. And right now, with a blog anticipated for Monday/Tuesday at the latest now seems to have been postponed until next weekend. Furthermore Jarasu, I doubt anybody here knew that they could apply to step in for Armstrong and should that not be something arranged by him or another member of the blogging team?

This isn't flaming or trying to insult Armstrong this is just my opinion and right now I am disappointed.

DeletedUser

There was never a date set for monday or Tuesday, where did I say that? I said it would be WORKED ON, not FINISHED.
And the blogging team have known I have been busy, which is why parts b and c are completely void in your argument.

It wasn't 3/4 months. It was about 2. Late July, to Late September, and I explained why I wasn't around in August.

DeletedUser101041

I'm not sure about others however, I assumed that the blog would be finished by monday or tuesday saying that you would be working on it over the weekend. And if the blogging team knew you were going to be away then they should have set a replacement to cover for you. In the time you were away you missed out a merge a disbanding of a tribe and a war declaration. And none of that was thoroughly covered in your 'blog' And you were away for just over 2 months so yes that was a mistake sorry.

DeletedUser96316

^ Yup waste of time having a blogger who missed the beginning of end game war.

Pathetic.

DeletedUser

Thing is whatever we may want those things are past and there's maybe 2-3 more good things to blog about before its just a lot of the same.

DeletedUser

I would happily take over however, when I read to apply for it the post said don't apply if the world already has a blogger.
Some quotes from were you apply to be a blogger.
Like I said, the current CoC is outdated and is being worked on. If you had any complaints though, the first thing I would've said if someone had bothered to message was that we do allow guest bloggers in case the normal blogger is busy.

The latest blog had a 3/4 month gap and if I'm perfectly honest it didn't go into alot of detail and Armstrong didn't seem to have extensive knowledge of what was/had gone on in the time he was away.
He cleared it with the blog staff that he would be going away for a while during the summer, and wouldn't really be around. It's quite hard to catch up on things if you haven't been around much in a couple of months.

Blogger CoC

Seems that all of the above rules/guidelines were broken there. And right now, with a blog anticipated for Monday/Tuesday at the latest now seems to have been postponed until next weekend. Furthermore Jarasu, I doubt anybody here knew that they could apply to step in for Armstrong and should that not be something arranged by him or another member of the blogging team?

This isn't flaming or trying to insult Armstrong this is just my opinion and right now I am disappointed.
Again, the CoC is outdated and we are working on that, and again, if anyone had bothered to message me, I could have let people know about this. No one messaged me. The first I heard about this was another blogger mentioning that I should go look at the W51 forums.

He never said it would out Monday/Tuesday.

Check the blog page. We don't even have enough bloggers for one per world. Some, including myself, are blogging for two worlds (W16 and W55). When we don't even have enough bloggers to have one for each world, it's much harder to try and find a temporary one to cover while the main blogger is away.

DeletedUser

Jeez, its just a blog, not that it matters. Plus i agree with Army, there is nothing interesting to blog about.