W52 - Self-Updating Maps

DeletedUser

as you just stated, tw grants them special places on their forum. mainly because their tool is used by most of tw's customers. that my friend does place tw into a relationship with that party. everyone knows innogames ownes tw, however i assure you noone thinking of playing the game will be going to their website lol. they look at the forums to understand the game(unless it really free which tw is not i assure you) and then decide if to play or not. as i said it makes you as a company look 2nd rate and frankly if you ran a poll you might be surprised which of us would win at that, my friend. personally, you feel no problem with the matter, and thats your right. the game rating sites and customers will end up being the judge of that, so far in both thats not looking very good. if it was me, id be looking at issues that involve the company and improving on them, this being just one of many. looking at your membership numbers id say you got some problems, but look for few solutions. strange you said to quit the game, tw must be ran very different from most companies. if my boss heard me tell his customer to take a hike, i assure you the unemployment rate would be rising quickly. but then i think we value customers a bit more then here i think.

i never said you payed them for the mapping tool. however, based on this world, as well as a few others, their tool has been shown to be unreliable. as you said, tw gives them a special place on the forum. its time they look and decide if that is needed still based on their issues or not. they might also look and see how many players use and view that thread. if its a useful tool but just misused then they might think on placing their own tool there, or as you hinted subbing it out to a pro. a simple world poll would do that. if the values there then its worth doing if not then not. thats called customer relations and problem solving. as well as product improvement. i'll leave it at that, its really not my business.

DeletedUser

Dear David,

Your post makes me want to say the following at least twenty times:

No.

Kind regards,

Jeff

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
could MIKE be a darker colour like dark blue or something. so it is easier to see on the map. cause at the moment it just seems like a yellowy greeny colour.

DeletedUser

new look forums have rendered this thread redundant as the maps are now so small you can't actually read 'em

dwin

DeletedUser

Similarly, we (In-game and forum staff) have nothing to do with who updates a world's maps. We don't screen or hire people for it. As far as the 'importance of the map updating job' goes, I'd say it's about as trivial as it gets. Again, who updates a map is completely up to Nickjer, as it is their site.

I vet each family updater through an extensive series of tests. Ranging from solving partial differential equations while out-running a pack of hungry wolves, to being able to recite a full Shakespeare play backwards underwater with no air until they finish. I make sure each and everyone of you gets the best of the best. Otherwise you are entitled to a full refund of the $0.00 that I get paid by all of you (donations are non-refundable but highly appreciated).

Well joking aside, my life is too busy to filter out the bad family updaters. It is given on a first-come, first-served basis that seems to work overall. A couple of bad apples slip through though. The only reason the maps are still around is because of my amazing lack of effort to keep such a close eye on them. That is why the family updaters have so much free reign until I get the odd email from someone with complaints and then I come here (reason why I am here now).

In short, I will be swapping family updaters for this world though, so hopefully that will resolve the family problem. Enjoy.

DeletedUser

new look forums have rendered this thread redundant as the maps are now so small you can't actually read 'em

dwin

Too bad they don't have the option like most modern social networks/forums where when you click the picture it zooms out and fills the screen.