W56 Blogger

DeletedUser

Said this in skype as well, but in short my comments;
The maps are viewable in their separate topic already. Comments/analysis about them was scarce, rather like someone running through holiday pics and saying 'what it is'.
Second part of the blog, the guest blog... well, I'm not a fan, to be perfectly honest. I think it was written with a big bag of bias. Patronising, inflammatory, partially outdated, partially inconsequential, 'rumours'... Frankly, this was propaganda, and not even at its finest.
I say this because it led to so many rage quitting, ‘Under the pressure of real life’. Perhaps all these players have legitimate life problems, but then I Go to school, play sports clubs most nights, and still have the time to run my account, ohyeah and I still have the time for writing this blog.
Really? Is it up to the blogger to call these things? I thought they were supposed to be neutral, a world-blogger? For that matter, great stuff mate, that you have time to write this blog, I'm impressed.
This is not a phrase that belongs in a blog, nor did most of the analysis, in my opinion. Lots of personal opinion, very little impartial analysis. Again; the stuff of PnP, not of blogs.

DeletedUser

The maps are viewable in their separate topic already. Comments/analysis about them was scarce, rather like someone running through holiday pics and saying 'what it is'.
Second part of the blog, the guest blog... well, I'm not a fan, to be perfectly honest. I think it was written with a big bag of bias. Patronising, inflammatory, partially outdated, partially inconsequential, 'rumours'... Frankly, this was propaganda, and not even at its finest.
Really? Is it up to the blogger to call these things? I thought they were supposed to be neutral, a world-blogger? For that matter, great stuff mate, that you have time to write this blog, I'm impressed.
This is not a phrase that belongs in a blog, nor did most of the analysis, in my opinion. Lots of personal opinion, very little impartial analysis. Again; the stuff of PnP, not of blogs.

Nor was that comment mine, I believe anyone who read through the guest-writer's section thoroughly would easily realize what he wrote and what I wrote. It was a little obvious :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I didn't say it was 'yours', I said it didn't belong in your blog. I specifically wrote 'second part of the blog, the guest blog...'

Just because you use others' work doesn't mean they suddenly don't have to be blog-worthy anymore.

DeletedUser

I didn't say it was 'yours', I said it didn't belong in your blog. I specifically wrote 'second part of the blog, the guest blog...'

Just because you use others' work doesn't mean they suddenly don't have to be blog-worthy anymore.

On the contrary, its simple, personal analysis by a player. I believe it may've been a slight slant at me even :lol: Its one thing to take something personally and another to take it as a well known TW fact. When the going gets tough, most quit.

I don't ask you to agree with everything said in the blog, quite the opposite. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone has the right to share it. I'd prefer it shared over skype and not in here so u6 doesn't have a field day so soon after his birthday :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

The idea of interview is contrary to making "neutral" blog :icon_rolleyes: Why would anyone bother to get a guest if he wouldn't care about his opinions? Not to mention Greg's blog covered pretty much all recent events.

I enjoyed the read. Thanks AoL and wulrus. This animated map is pretty awesome btw :)

DeletedUser

Not exactly an interview is it? It was a guest-blog, which means it should be held to the same standards a blog is.

DeletedUser

A collection of old maps, not a single interview, no real discussion about the extremely world changing wars going on currently or those which have been going on recently and really nothing of interest written by the blogger himself.

It's saying something when the most interesting part of your blog is the banner at the top of it.

Edit: Just read the article. It has no place in a blog. Shocking form on the blogger's part for including it.

That being said, thanks to Walrus for actually putting in more effort than the blogger himself

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In a response to this. My part wasn't at all supposed to be 'Blog like' it was my personal opinions of all activities in the south-west, and how can you disagree with my theory of bad players quiting and claiming 'real life issues' that is a fact! and i wrote this on the 5/09/11

but thanks rukoh i appreciate your response as thats what i asked for.

wulrus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In a response to this. My part wasn't at all supposed to be 'Blog like' it was my personal opinions of all activities in the south-west, and how can you disagree with my theory of bad players quiting and claiming 'real life issues' that is a fact! and i wrote this on the 5/09/11

but thanks rukoh i appreciate your response as thats what i asked for.

wulrus

That's what we're saying. It's personal opinion and would be quite an interesting (and appropriate) read in a PnP thread - but it really shouldn't be used in a blog which is meant to be neutral just so a blogger can claim to write longer than required blogs.

DeletedUser

That's what we're saying. It's personal opinion and would be quite an interesting (and appropriate) read in a PnP thread - but it really shouldn't be used in a blog which is meant to be neutral just so a blogger can claim to write longer than required blogs.

Not only that, the blog was basically your biased analysis, and old pictures. What AoL did in the entire thing amounted to just about nothing.

DeletedUser

ooh.. i just got what rukoh was saying... mis-read it the first time... and it wasn't particularly biased...

wulrus

DeletedUser

Just sayin', KTH can be as biased as it likes :icon_eek: :lol:

DeletedUser

I'm going to close this thread and only use it for announcing new blogs as the criticisms and such are getting a touch out of hand. I'll open up a blog discussion thread (stickied) in General Discussion, feel free to discuss there.