w60 is over

DeletedUser94483

Nice playing with everyone but the world is over in the next 47 hours. Any comments? Anyone near me want to have a last minute fight?

DeletedUser108935

all i know is im not playing a world with secrets again lol

DeletedUser

Wow, are you kidding me? This is the way the world ends? Talk about designing a game to go out with a whimper and not a bang, this is the poster child for that. TW's endgame has always been the weakest part of its entire experience, but this sinks it to a new low. I feel like I've wasted every PP I used in this world.

I've been assuming I missed a report or email from TW mods announcing that someone had achieved the "winning" condition and that everyone else had a reasonable time (two weeks or so) to break their hold on one or more secrets. That would have been exciting and made breaking (or retaining) the secrets an interesting challenge. But this way it's merely a hidden "victory" condition and the world just ends. I think this is the suckiest thing I've seen in ~5 years of playing TW.

TW and its mechanics are basically very simplified copies of Age of Empires. That game had a similar victory condition -- gaining all the Wonders. But AoE's designers had the sense to make a public announcement when the condition was met and other players had a decent amount of time to destroy one or more Wonders. Even then, I always disabled that condition for victory as it's pretty lame. Since TW copied so much from AoE, why couldn't they have copied the idea of a side having to hold onto the Wonders/Secrets for a reasonable length of time while others tried to break the winning condition?

I've been playing games for about 45 years now, and I've been working in the games industry for almost 30 years now, and this is the lamest conclusion to a game that I can recall.

I second deemster's comment and think I may just give up on TW altogether. This sucks.

DeletedUser

SPAM forced the position. They were the better tribe and they should have won, and would have done had they not tried to recruit for victory.

DeletedUser91224

thak.

His pussy ass couldnt stay loyal to his tribe.

Kill all rats.

Long live scion.

/end comments.

MR.MR

sorry kani. you have sc0ter to blame. i only joined SPAM once jf kicked me from WWW. and i leave when sc0ter leaves. im not ready for this world to be over.

DeletedUser

And this is the prime example on why secret worlds are beyond stupid. This is probably my last world, and seeing as how it will it its just sad that its possible. I knew about the 48 hours thing, but really what can you do in 48 hours? I would be more pleased if a rank 10+ tribe screwed us this royally over. Then it would be funny, this is just pathetic.

DeletedUser108935

what happend ?

Thak is played by a formed Nads.

X-nads leader, KPDCK was spying on Calm.

KPDCK, as 666 have been planning on joining SPAM.

666 was moving in their smallest player to hold Thaks secret hostage and stack it up so all could join Spam.

so it seems spam where gonna do the same but id rather www won it then spam

DeletedUser

Dont know where you get that conspiracy theory from, but we have had polls going in spam, and i believe we turned towards winning by domination, as it should. Showing how stupid the secret system is.

DeletedUser

I believe we could have started the timer in november but chose not to as the guys were having so much fun in the war that we didn't wish it to end. Of course there were people against it like sc0ter, but I decided to delay our secrets win decision until mid february due to the fervour towards domination with the hope that SPAM would win the world outright enough that we could call it our victory rather than just having a shallow win where there would always be a guy round the corner saying that Calm. or TCRT should have won.

We will see what happens, all I can say is the next 48 hours is going to be interesting whatever happens and with uk patriot (a fervent Calm. supporter) saying that SPAM was the better tribe, I can go into this world win or lose knowing that we were the better tribe.

DeletedUser

I believe we could have started the timer in november but chose not to as the guys were having so much fun in the war that we didn't wish it to end. Of course there were people against it like sc0ter, but I decided to delay our secrets win decision until mid february due to the fervour towards domination with the hope that SPAM would win the world outright enough that we could call it our victory rather than just having a shallow win where there would always be a guy round the corner saying that Calm. or TCRT should have won.

We will see what happens, all I can say is the next 48 hours is going to be interesting whatever happens and with uk patriot (a fervent Calm. supporter) saying that SPAM was the better tribe, I can go into this world win or lose knowing that we were the better tribe.

I would rather win. But that's just me... The lonely guy watching everyone win...

DeletedUser

I would rather win. But that's just me... The lonely guy watching everyone win...

I would rather have fun with my mates and being in SPAM was a laugh. Thats why we performed better in the war. We didn't rush to victory because we were having a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108935

the only thing to blame is the secret rule im sure even forl will agree

DeletedUser

One thing I have a problem with in this thread is I think it is too early to call the world :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Dont know where you get that conspiracy theory from, but we have had polls going in spam, and i believe we turned towards winning by domination, as it should. Showing how stupid the secret system is.

Secrets blow.

The problem is even if you wanted to win by domination you still would have the last secret you needed to win in your back pocket. What would give anyone any reason to fight knowing that at any time the last secret could be pulled out and game over.

Bad concept.

DeletedUser109217

it as being fun but disapointed in how it as ended. some good players and tribes out there who could have made it last longer its a shame its come to this

DeletedUser91224

sorry kani. you have sc0ter to blame. i only joined SPAM once jf kicked me from WWW. and i leave when sc0ter leaves. im not ready for this world to be over.

Not even worried mate. I know why your account was kicked, but that doesnt mean you were the reason.

DeletedUser91224

Thak was always a spy for spam once the real thak left. Deny it and i can call you on it. If it wasnt part of the plan, why was thak invited about half an hour after he was kicked from WWW?

DeletedUser94483

Well you are right about everything but the reasoning Kani....The reason he got the invite(that spam were going to eventually send anyway once we start turning the war would be my guess) was so that if they take a secret from us they will have the counter already started and then win.