w60 is over

DeletedUser104882

In the game of Tribalwars, perseverance and determination are often far more important than the ability to precisely click your left mouse button. And Lori912 deserves to be recognized for exemplifying these traits. Outnumbered, outgunned, and left to fend for herself for much of the time, Lori never stopped logging in. While many of her fellow frontliners dropped off over time for whatever reasons (kraig, Gorillaz, Spunky, nitto, RP, Vent, etc), Lori kept on trying; when events outside of the game took a turn for the worse in RL, and she was presented with a good and convenient excuse to step away from the world of defense, she did not. She stuck with it through and through.

After all of this, when it comes time to choose between personal glory and silently helping her friends get the victory, Lori volunteers to leave Calm. in order to get sc0ter to join with the necessary secrets to stymie SPAM. In a 72 hour period of extreme selfishness and selling out friends, Lori presents a shining moment amongst the storm clouds, giving one more sacrifice so her friends can have a shot to win.

And that is our Silver Lining moment of the game.

As a result, I have decided to make a donation of premium to Lori. Hopefully she uses it to play another server and be a valuable addition to any tribe.

Dec 30,2012 23:57 Transfer -1000 XXXX to: lori912

Congratulations. You deserve it.

This is a very belated THANK YOU to Scott and Val and all the others who have spoken up on my behalf. (And sent me PP!) I typically avoid the external forums because of all the crap...but I am humbled by the nice words and sentiments that have been shared here. And I even forgive you lmavor for the not so kind remarks. :p

I never expected anyone to take notice of anything. It was bittersweet to give up a possible win with my tribe and the friends that have had my back for so long in order for sc0ter to win, but I wasn't going to let sc0ter take that opportunity away from the others just because of his hatred for me. I have met some REALLY great people in this world that have had my back and they deserved a shot. Winning would never be important enough to me to sacrifice friends. Not that it mattered in the end. Turns out some of the Spam guys aren't too bad either, actually glad to see a couple of them in the winners circle! :p texaspete is a helluva opponent, and fun adversary. Congrats to the bunch of them.

I am now just hoping to see the west pull it together and actually give Spam a taste of it's own medicine.

DeletedUser

Lori. You have my respect.
It was nice to be able to help you what little I could. You were in a rough position.
And. Yeah. My old buddy, Texas. Good guy. Pity I never stuck around to claim our little bet eh, tex? :) 100k of each would have been sweet before I left. Good fun.
Good to see my old tribal pal, Fizzolio taking full advantage of my deletion. I was actually waiting for you to go to take your vills instead, bro. I think it's a new owner on the account anyways now?
No doubt Jordan would have cried, "But he left ALL of his vills to ME..! boohoo" if I had.. pmsl.
Players I'd supported/helped, as they were/are good friends, or peeps I respect include..
Texas. Art, Lori, Kraig, Pogodas - and of course, members of TCRT.

I'll miss this world. I enjoyed playing it. Made so many friends, and just a very few 'enemies' - i.e. players that were total oxygen thieves, of which, only one I'll not forgive and it was nice to take one of his vills just out of principle at the end.
Thank you, one and all for making it a great world to play. Enjoyed it enormously.

I know there are many that have quit as per my tribal mail, and many that still plan to do so, just as soon as you gain your co's approvals.
It'll be good to join up with y'all on world 67 when it opens.
Until then I'm 'marking time' on world 66 if any of you want to pop by and say 'hi'.
Respect to a world that was great fun until that terrible, backstabbing end.
No more secrets worlds for me, with any luck.
TT.

ashoka1

It was bittersweet to give up a possible win with my tribe and the friends that have had my back for so long in order for sc0ter to win, but I wasn't going to let sc0ter take that opportunity away from the others just because of his hatred for me.

I am sure JFSMITH would have dismissed you if you hadnt left on your own.

As far as giving up a possible win,i dont think looking at war stats there was any possiblility of win for calm./fork/puppy against spam in war or for secrets if sc0ter hadnt joined.

so you didnt give up any possible win.

just made things easier for your duke (that he didsnt have to dismiss you,instead you left with grace)

full points to you for that..or we would have know how evil your leadership was.

Anything for win

DeletedUser

Is that like Spam giving up their supposed 'possible win' in November as stated by your 'duke' to 'prolong' the game?
Seems that many tribes could have 'possibly' won eh?
Well done to all those tribes.
TT.

DeletedUser

TT took one village.
SPAM won the world.

*slow clap*

Nice one TT. You totally one upped me.

DeletedUser

I am sure JFSMITH would have dismissed you if you hadnt left on your own.

As far as giving up a possible win,i dont think looking at war stats there was any possiblility of win for calm./fork/puppy against spam in war or for secrets if sc0ter hadnt joined.

just made things easier for your duke (that he didsnt have to dismiss you,instead you left with grace)

full points to you for that..or we would have know how evil your leadership was.

Anything for win

He would not have dismissed lori and even if he wanted too he would have lost more players then he gained in doing that.

DeletedUser

TT took one village.
SPAM won the world.

*slow clap*

Nice one TT. You totally one upped me.
Yep - I took one village off you, dyldo.
YOU, on the other hand have flatlined and taken none for months.
Spam got all the secrets through backstabbing dealing, but have yet to win the world.
TT.

DeletedUser

Yep - I took one village off you, dyldo.
YOU, on the other hand have flatlined and taken none for months.
Spam got all the secrets through backstabbing dealing, but have yet to win the world.
TT.

I thought it was common knowledge that I did not play zambouta but orourke368. Zambouta is just a permasit.

DeletedUser

Its a bit sad i didnt screenshot it when i could. But I was down to about 4.8 mill points (down from 6 mill) when dylan and ryan jumped on. A week after we were on i believe 5.4 mill. Took them a week to get me out my misery. That was on top of being the leader of spam and doing what he had to in war times. I feel like a broken record for saying this again, and i believe ive explained it 3 times to you alone now TT, but still you manage to either forget or ignore it.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to say that of all the world's I've played this is the WORST one. Bunch of backstabbers no-one to trust. Can't even tell what the real story is. Congrats to everyone who ruined it.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to say that of all the world's I've played this is the WORST one. Bunch of backstabbers no-one to trust. Can't even tell what the real story is. Congrats to everyone who ruined it.

Cannot speak for anyone else, but I haven't needed to backstab this world. I think it is easy for poor losers to blame their losses or lack of enjoyment on an intangible. Mostly the backstabbing and such has come from players/tribes who have ended up losing. I haven't pretended to be friends with people I then go and war, have not recruited until SPAM is a clearly established victor, have followed all our terms and conditions of diplomacy exactly and attempted to resolve any problems in diplomacy. Ive stuck to all that I have said. It has been the rest of the world, not SPAM, that has given this world a backstabbing reputation. We essentially won the secrets world because we beat Calm. in a straight fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont know that ive seen someone pat themselves on the back so much ever

DeletedUser

I dont know that ive seen someone pat themselves on the back so much ever

It obviously worked though. By extremely over exaggerating the win, SPAM managed to wind people up into staying like they wanted. Suddenly half of the world that was quitting has gone down to 1/4 gone down to about 20 people out of 2000 of which only 6 are in FORK. If you wanted to get the 1 up on SPAM, you would have left them to a dead world. As it happens, they are both going to have the fight they wanted and win the world anyways.

DeletedUser

Cannot speak for anyone else, but I haven't needed to backstab this world. I think it is easy for poor losers to blame their losses or lack of enjoyment on an intangible. Mostly the backstabbing and such has come from players/tribes who have ended up losing. I haven't pretended to be friends with people I then go and war, have not recruited until SPAM is a clearly established victor, have followed all our terms and conditions of diplomacy exactly and attempted to resolve any problems in diplomacy. Ive stuck to all that I have said. It has been the rest of the world, not SPAM, that has given this world a backstabbing reputation. We essentially won the secrets world because we beat Calm. in a straight fight.

You don't even know what account I played...

DeletedUser

just kidding mate...
However, I was never directing that comment towards SPAM. If anything, these confusing events leading to the end of the world have given me admiration for SPAM as I no longer trust anyone I played with except for my CO.

DeletedUser

Also, ???:

Stop being buttmad that we recruited players you wanted.

DeletedUser

That is one of the most stupid things I heard lately.
How do you expect ??? to be ok with players which were a bit major in Calm are now in SPAM, totally destroying the frontline, and giving us even more HUGE players that are all on the frontline to deal with. We all saw how well that went with jf's "lets put many players with a bit of a frontline" vs spam's "few giant players". lol
Look at the frontline. It would take a war itself to take the ones SPAM recruited out , and another different war to fight SPAM itself.
Correct me if I'm wrong but i think there's like 5-6k villages to be taken back..
I personally have never experienced a war so ferocious that would total conquers of that amount, unless it lasted a year or more(and not even those..no.I don't recall any such #s)

And for idiots who would suggest "BRO CLICK THE RECRUIT BUTTON BRO" no,
recruiting 40 players of 1 mill(for example) will not do any better. It is a rather giant blob of players and village spread over the world, vs SPAM's methodical placement.

Therefore, as others have said, this war is indeed a joke , as SPAM has gained more villages by recruiting than by conquering, and puts up false hope when it has no intent of making the game fair.Spam once argued they could fight the whole world and Calm is no good.

If they do believe that and got the cojones, release the former Calms and fight everyone when the nap is over.
If they succeed, then glory and honor.
If they keep the players, its just a shitty agreement to favor them.

Last edited by a moderator: